Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
h
avocado-lake-bigfoot-california.jpg
How much time does Bigfoot spend looking at a speedometer?
Robin

That's just part of the steering wheel column.
Yep, I had made the same mistake about the location of the mounting pedestal and thus the location of the display itself. However, looking at other photos from the same shoot, I could clearly see the display location and position were unchanged from that of the prototypes. That seeming contradiction led me to take another look at that blowup shot of "Mr. Smith", but with a new eye. That's when I realized what I thought was the pedestal was just part of the steering column.

@stopcrazypp

lol can't say i didn't tell you ppl so
Not sure why you called me out? I don't remember discussing anything about the number of cameras on Model 3.

Edit: I looked back just in case my memory was wrong, my first interaction with you was discussing the necessity of lidar for FSD, specifically about forward facing lidar (which having 2 more rear facing cameras does not change). Then it was talk about how many cameras were active on Model S.

I don't see any discussion about changes in Model 3 for the AP2 suite.

Last edited:
I like the new look of the front end, it looks like the lip is a bit lower which makes it look sleeker.

I can't really tell if there is much difference in the trunk. Elon did say the trunk opening would be improved, but I guess we will find out when the trunk is actually open. From the outside there doesn't seem to be much difference.

My guess what we saw yesterday is a much more "Model S like" design.
Less accentuated roofline arch
more and higher rear (different trunk mechanism, guess they brought the seals to the latch hence bigger opening space)
much softer yet more agressive front with very soft more angulated crease line. Eradicated the duckface towards a Corvette face.
And maybe some of You witnessed the "chrome blade" under the front apon lip.
Like the C Class AMG. Very chic!View attachment 221317
This car will be sleek and elegant. A little sibling of the "S". Even the rear light inner design:View attachment 221314
I don't think there is chrome strip under the lip, I think that is just light reflecting on the curved surface.

I like the new look of the front end, it looks like the lip is a bit lower which makes it look sleeker.

I can't really tell if there is much difference in the trunk. Elon did say the trunk opening would be improved, but I guess we will find out when the trunk is actually open. From the outside there doesn't seem to be much difference.
I don't think lip is any lower, it's just that it's at a more natural viewing angle. Most of the prototype pictures where from the reveal with the car up on the stage so front was more at eye level, making it look higher off the ground.

Most of the prototype pictures where from the reveal with the car up on the stage so front was more at eye level, making it look higher off the ground.
At first I did not like the original front of the prototypes, but then I realized what you said here, and it made the front grow on me. So I agree on this sentence. But I still think this RC front is a bit lower and/or more forward, and that makes is even better - especially seen in this more natural viewing angel. But I admit that it is hard to say for sure...

• Helpful
Reactions: sg021
Status
Not open for further replies.