Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once saw a picture on the internet of Jennifer Aniston at the beach right after she ate a cheeseburger. The website was going on and on and on about how she "let herself go". To which she responded "For goodness sake I just ate a cheeseburger!"

To which I almost wanted to respond: OMFG you ate a cheeseburger??? What on Earth were you thinking ! ! !

I sure hope she isn't planning on eating a cheeseburger in my new Model 3. I'd tell her to go find a ride with someone driving a Bolt...

RT
Normally, I don't allow the consumption of food in my car, but if Jennifer Aniston called up and said she wants to sit next to me in my Model 3 and eat a cheeseburger, I'd let her. Hell, I'd even hire a professional photographer for the event to make sure I get the most flattering shots of me, Jennifer, the cheeseburger, and my Model 3. ;)

Last edited:
The scenes in that video of the Model 3 driving on a road next to water with the San Francisco skyline in the background were shot on Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay. I could not identify the road winding through trees along a hillside but it's not on that island or on Yerba Buena Island directly adjacent to it.

Thanks for recording that video and posting it, I haven't seen it before.

These new Model 3 sightings at the Tesla HQ are pretty exciting.

• Informative
Reactions: T34ME
I think I found Tesla's inspiration for the interior design.....

IMG_5430.jpg

For those unfamiliar it is a GM EV1. The Model 3 shares a lot of similarities. Small dash with center stack only.

View attachment 221719

For those unfamiliar it is a GM EV1. The Model 3 shares a lot of similarities. Small dash with center stack only.
No similarities at all to me. Model 3 seats and trim minimalist and classy ala S vs this cheap plastic job. Center screen completely different concept. Only similarity is center.

IMO, Tesla is asking question "why buttons and gauges in a digital era?" I don't think that's like any previous vehicle. They may go too far, but I admire them for thinking forward vs backwards.

No similarities at all to me. Model 3 seats and trim minimalist and classy ala S vs this cheap plastic job. Center screen completely different concept. Only similarity is center.

IMO, Tesla is asking question "why buttons and gauges in a digital era?" I don't think that's like any previous vehicle. They may go too far, but I admire them for thinking forward vs backwards.

Seriously, you can't see any similarities. I'm not talking seating and materials. I'm talking about layout of the dash. The EV1 is from the late 90's which is why all the buttons. No touch screen display in 90's. The shape of the dash is very similar to the shape of the dash in the Model 3. Also the high center console is very similar to the alpha.

Last edited:
Seriously, you can't see any similarities. I'm not talking seating and materials. I'm talking about layout of the dash. The EV1 is from the late 90's which is why all the buttons. No touch screen display in 90's. The shape of the dash is very similar to the shape of the dash in the Model 3. Also the high center council is very similar to the alpha.
... and let's not forget, people loved that car.

Has the back side slope changed? Did they increase the trunk size or opening by lengthening the top trunk area?

This could be an illusion due to the rolling shutter effect on the black car, or just the difference in camera rotation, but what do you think??

xSf0ePw.jpg
Yes I think you are exactly right. I couldn't place why I no longer like the rear of the car until you called it out with this side by side. It used to be the best looking part on the Alpha. Now it is much more vertical which makes it look less sporty and boring. Compare the back of an Infiniti G35 to your run of the mill four door sedan. The sloped back is what gives it that aggressive sporty look. I really hope this is not the final version.

Seriously, you can't see any similarities. I'm not talking seating and materials. I'm talking about layout of the dash. The EV1 is from the late 90's which is why all the buttons. No touch screen display in 90's. The shape of the dash is very similar to the shape of the dash in the Model 3. Also the high center console is very similar to the alpha.
No actually I don't. But that's ok, not everybody sees same things.

View attachment 221719

Yeah, I actually heard from a reliable source Elon only plans to offer a lease for the Model 3 and has reserved time at the local car crusher three years from now...

The story will be that everyone just wanted the better Model S.

The bland EV1 steering wheel and the shape on the top of the dash (the vent line on Model 3), as well as the way the closest part of the low dash bends towards the driver/passengers, certainly are very reminiscent of the Model 3 unveil prototype. Even the center console lines are similar-looking, though that area is of course more generic. I can definitely see the resemblance.

img_5430-jpg.221719

3-unveil-3-640x400.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.