Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what I wrote again.

It LOOKS like something a thief would THINK THEY CAN steal.

From the outside it looks like a table docked on the dash, it's not unreasonable for someone to think it's a regular tablet that they can undock
I get what you're saying.

We should all remember that someone breaking into a car LIKELY isn't going to take many things into account that a rational person would.

If they smash your window and attempt to take it, it's not like you "win" because they couldn't sell it....you still have a busted window and a damaged interior.

Read what I wrote again.

It LOOKS like something a thief would THINK THEY CAN steal.

From the outside it looks like a table docked on the dash, it's not unreasonable for someone to think it's a regular tablet that they can undock
Ah I see what you are saying. I still think it's extremely unlikely and easy for a thief to verify that it's not an iPad, but sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. I strongly doubt this will be an issue. Plus, I'm going to program my FSD Mod3 to run thieves down like the Terminator anyways, so let them try!
589CF571-0C79-44A3-9A70-2D0AEAB9D0B3-1417-0000022BCF39E625.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: shrspeedblade

We should all remember that someone breaking into a car LIKELY isn't going to take many things into account that a rational person would.

If they smash your window and attempt to take it, it's not like you "win" because they couldn't sell it....you still have a busted window and a damaged interior.
That's exactly that I'm saying.
They don't know that it's useless outside the car or even that it's non removable
You still end up with a broken window

Reactions: Big-T and Matias
Ah I see what you are saying. I still think it's extremely unlikely and easy for a thief to verify that it's not an iPad, but sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. I strongly doubt this will be an issue. Plus, I'm going to program my FSD Mod3 to run thieves down like the Terminator anyways, so let them try!
View attachment 221845
Or do what that April fools video of a model S moving away from a cop trying to give it a parking ticket :)

Not really too technical. They wouldn't incur the significant extra costs for the functionality. Idiotic idea as well, since it's the only source of info for driving the car.
You misunderstood my question. I asked you HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS NOT A REGULAR TABLET?
Let me make it easier for you, you know this because you've been reading up on the details of the vehicle. Had you not, you would not know.

Now let me ask you how many crackheads surf the web and read up on future vehicle details and developments? .. let me make it easy on you again, very low amount of crackhead thieves read up on future vehicle details and developments.
To them it looks like a tablet that can be removed.

You misunderstood my question. I asked you HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS NOT A REGULAR TABLET?
Let me make it easier for you, you know this because you've been reading up on the details of the vehicle. Had you not, you would not know.

Now let me ask you how many crackheads surf the web and read up on future vehicle details and developments? .. let me make it easy on you again, very low amount of crackhead thieves read up on future vehicle details and developments.
Maybe we can just cover it with a beach towel? That's what I do with my iPad...

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3

This reminds me of when Iraq invaded Kuwait and the military stole all the monitors and left the CPUs.

Looks like it's changed somewhat:

View attachment 221843
Interesting, hadn't noticed that. The original display with the molded and curved pedestal looks a lot more solid and obviously undetachable. Hard to really discern from the blow-up photo of the release candidate, but there appears to be a seam where the display connects to the pedestal, which may give the impression that it is detachable even if it really isn't. I wonder if that's a manufacturing decision or if it serves some functional purpose (e.g., swivel point)?

It's funny, but I can already tell at a glance (at least from the front) between the old prototype and the release candidate. Does the duck bill swoop below the fog lights or above?

Of course you could say the same thing about Audis. I haven't heard about their screens getting ripped off.

2017_Audi_A4_31.jpg

This reminds me of when Iraq invaded Kuwait and the military stole all the monitors and left the CPUs.
or when now-former New England Patriot murdered some people and when he came home, realized his own security system caught him walking into the house with the murder weapon in his hand.

he proceeded to smash the cameras.

the video footage on the untouched hard drive was key to his conviction, though.

:rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: Wolverinegeoff
Status
Not open for further replies.