Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an X. This is the side view of the same car, which was also posted in this thread.
tesla3a01-e1493388685149.jpg

Note the hockey stick doorhandles.

Note the lack of the FWD.

Read the full thread.
So that's the 2nd style of Rims I've seen on the car.

Some folks say $35K to $70K.

If $70K turns into reality....there had be some "non minimal" options involved.

$70K? The TM3 will never be priced to compete with the MS75. I figure there will be two interior color options at the base price - black (or dark gray) and tan or camel or something like that. I am guessing that the there will be one premium interior upgrade that will include heated seats, memory seats, maybe lumbar, etc. but still in two color options.

The TM3 is designed as an entry level model at Tesla. I will be pleasantly surprised if they have a long options list. I have resigned myself to the reality that all my desired options will be provided by aftermarket suppliers....and that is fine with me.

Musk has already said there will be a dual motors performance Model 3.

Just like you can get a fully loaded BMW M3 for the price of a base 7 Series you will be able to get a sweet Model 3 P75D with all kinds of options for $70k plus.

People want it . Tesla can make large profits on it. It would be stupid to leave profits on the table AND annoy your customers at the same time. Gigafactory 3,4,and 5 are not going to fund themselves. Maybe one of the options on the Model 3 P75D would be an instrument cluster for this "drivers version" not the "this is a transportation pod so you won't mind the lack of an instrument cluster" version.

It seems pretty obvious to me. The screen needs to be that height so that the speedometer is at the right height. So the only way to integrate the screen would be to design a plastic surround with a hump. I'm not convinced this would look better. The other way would be to raise the dash height drastically, but that affects the other elements of the design (reduces the visibility out the window and would affect Tesla's new AC system design).
I've said this I don't know how many time in various threads on various sites. There would have to be a huge shroud coming from the low dash to the higher screen and it would look hideous.

Reactions: cdub
$70K? The TM3 will never be priced to compete with the MS75. I figure there will be two interior color options at the base price - black (or dark gray) and tan or camel or something like that. I am guessing that the there will be one premium interior upgrade that will include heated seats, memory seats, maybe lumbar, etc. but still in two color options.

The TM3 is designed as an entry level model at Tesla. I will be pleasantly surprised if they have a long options list. I have resigned myself to the reality that all my desired options will be provided by aftermarket suppliers....and that is fine with me.
Camel FTW!!!! I loved it in my 1995 Civic that was ultimately stolen when it was 10 years old.

So I didn't follow the X release this closely but isn't Elon's style to save some surprises for the final reveal? Do we really think he's fine letting the final version of the exterior and interior be spy photographed so many weeks ahead of the release?

With a mass produced budget car, I think maybe the whole surprise thing is out the window in lieu of cost savings.

So I didn't follow the X release this closely but isn't Elon's style to save some surprises for the final reveal? Do we really think he's fine letting the final version of the exterior and interior be spy photographed so many weeks ahead of the release?
Well just 3 months and several have hundred more pages of this thread and we will know the answer to that.

With a mass produced budget car, I think maybe the whole surprise thing is out the window in lieu of cost savings.
yep - so many folks are convinced that "reveal part 2" hasn't happened yet - even though Elon has said it has happened.
Therefore the interior of the final car is exactly what we are looking at now.
I have a funny feeling that the folks who were convinced there would be a HUD are the same folks who are equally convinced that the interior will be different in the "final" car - even though Elon has already tweeted that we are looking at production candidates not prototypes or betas.

Reactions: cdub and Matias
yep - so many folks are convinced that "reveal part 2" hasn't happened yet - even though Elon has said it has happened.
Therefore the interior of the final car is exactly what we are looking at now.
I have a funny feeling that the folks who were convinced there would be a HUD are the same folks who are equally convinced that the interior will be different in the "final" car - even though Elon has already tweeted that we are looking at production candidates not prototypes or betas.
He's also said that there will be a Reveal Part 3, in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.