Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is not the quote. It may be more accurate in the end, but its not what Elon said. He said "better car for $35K."

So, I can see it playing out in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Elon's statement will be true, and his recent anti-selling of the Model 3 is just to maintain Model S sales.
2) Elon meant what he said at the time, but it changed when they drastically moved up the production ramp timeline. As a result of the chnage, features were dropped from the Model 3 (at least for the initial release).
The timeline hasn't changed since the announcement. He originally said they hoped to deliver 100k-200k in 2017. If anything they're behind on that timeline.

I still don't see any changes in the two cars driving around and the original prototypes. From some angles they seem slightly different but when you compare an old pic from a similar angle it looks the same. Also the interior is exactly the same as the prototypes. I'm just having a hard time believing they changed nothing other than AP2 cameras after Musk saying the interior in the prototypes wasn't final, the steering wasn't final and that they spent another 3.5 months between reveal and "pencils down"

We'll see in three months...

• Disagree
Reactions: Model 3 and DR61
I'm still not sure these two cars we're seeing are final cars. Nothing has me convinced they're any different than the first prototypes other than AP2 cameras.

I still don't see any changes in the two cars driving around and the original prototypes. From some angles they seem slightly different but when you compare an old pic from a similar angle it looks the same. Also the interior is exactly the same as the prototypes. I'm just having a hard time believing they changed nothing other than AP2 cameras after Musk saying the interior in the prototypes wasn't final, the steering wasn't final and that they spent another 3.5 months between reveal and "pencils down"

We'll see in three months...
Just because you can't see anything on the exterior doesn't mean they didn't do a lot of design work between the reveal and "pencils down". There are an amazing amount of things that go into a car, even a BEV, and not all of them are visible, so it is entirely likely that they put a lot work into stuff that we didn't even see at the reveal.

Why would you expect them to be different than what was shown at the reveal? He revealed them and essentially said "here is the car we're going to build", why does everyone expect changes? The trunk opening I can understand, he did say there would be fix for it. But there was no expectation that anything else would be changing, in fact there were plenty of statements by the drivers that night that said that things wouldn't be changing.

For everyone that says "nothing has changed" there would have been just as many people upset if things had changed, only they would have been saying "that's not the car he showed us".

would be the best equipped car in this class.

You will not be able to buy a better car for $35,000

You see how you added your own interpretation onto his words, do you not? He said "Best Car", you heard "Best EQUIPPED Car".

Frankly I would rather have the "Best Car".

Thank you kindly.

You see how you added your own interpretation onto his words, do you not? He said "Best Car", you heard "Best EQUIPPED Car".

Thank you kindly.
^^This^^
Give me the "best" car any day
So much echo chamber quotes quoting overheard quotes connected to assumptions related to random thoughts.
Take a chill pill guys - its only a few short months, you've lasted this long already. The wait is almost over, don't let hopes and fears cloud reality :cool:
Pretty soon we will all see what we've been waiting for - if you put your deposit down on a car sight unseen you really have no basis to complain about anything, its not like there was anything but vague hints at that time. We reserved based on hope, nothing more.
Hope has already lasted a year and is almost ready to deliver - give it a chance before whining it into the ground :)

I will chose once I get my configurator choice and not before - but remain stoically hopeful.....

Yawwwnnnn...... So far, the "reveal" pix have not shown the feature I am interested in. The same item that Elon has disappointed me with a lack of in the Model S (and X),

Standard equipped, of course, but It can even be an option if necessary.
....... the Keurig in the glove box.

To help keep awake as I drive and enjoy my Model 3 day and night with a renewed Tesla Grin.

Keurig colors can be an option.

Thank you kindly.

Well I suppose "best car" can be open to interpretation from everyone....does best mean, best in terms of safety, features, quality, options? I guess we'll see in about 100 days or so.

--Cintoman

Reactions: MP3Mike
Before it´s going to end up in a discussion thread here...

...Found in on Instagramm from 6 days ago. A Guy spotted the Model 3 in Palo Alto.

Model 3..PNG

The 3 looks great from this angle too! Every new pic I see I like it more. These are unique / good looking wheels too , they appear to be a smaller diameter than others we have seen on the blue car. You can tell there is more sidewall.
17" ? 225/50/17? 225/45/17 ?
Same size all the way around for sure.

I actually like the rear lights without stretching onto the side to hide the charging dock! Looks cleaner... But won't happen I think, this looks like a 3D printed cover/lid of the dock before they get industrial version of the cover, which will look like stretch of the rear light...

Ain't gonna happen. These are release candidates. This is what the final car is going to look like.

So cancel your reservation now if you can't live with it.
Thats a good point! I forgot to add that.
For all the folks who don't like what they're seeing - cancel your reservation now, don't bother waiting for the actual production in 3 months after waiting for over a year. Then we'll get our cars faster :D

I hate all of these "cancel your reservation now" comments.

No one can make an adversarial comment here without that stupid comment.

Really? I love all these "cancel your reservation now" comments...it means I get pushed further up the queue. :p Cancel away people!

Since I already have a Model S, and didn't think owning solely two EV's (Wife's car is an ICE right now) would work, I didn't initially put down a reservation. But then after making a few road trips with the MS, I feel I really don't need an ICE anymore. Of course, that meant I put a deposit down a bit late (Jan 2017!).

Reactions: WarpedOne
Status
Not open for further replies.