Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it make sense to have the charge port hidden somewhere in the center of the rear? That would make it easier to charge from either right or left side. (No, not like the Leaf) Remember in the 50's and 60's the gas filler was hidden behind the license plate bracket? Maybe you're not old enough to remember.
I have owned two cars with gas fillers under the license plate. I always thought it was the best place for it. I have had several EVs so far and I think the Leaf had the best placement so far.

I told you there was confusion. :D:p
Nope, no confusion. .

rofl_emoticon.gif

We're so confused, we can't even agree if we are confused! This is starting to sound like a So Called Presidential news briefing!

I agree on preferring amber blinkers, but if they're going to be red and double-duty with the brake lights, I think blinking them all the way off is better than just switching between bright and dim, which seems the more common solution. You still have the opposite side and the center light to signal the braking
There are certainly going to be 3rd party folks creating different front and rear lights. Maybe amber will be included in those.

Reactions: T34ME
I noticed that as well. I've never been a fan of red turn signals in the rear (amber signals are much safer and should be required, in my opinion) and even worse that it extinguishes one of the brake lights if you're signaling...
I think what we are seeing there is temporary and will not be in the final version. At least in Europe it would no meet the law requirements. The turn signals may be in the same place but be amber, and the outer red part around them will probably be the break lights like in the alpha prototypes and some RC sightings I believe.

People may want that but they do not not realize there would be a hole where those 4 panels meet.
A hole you could stick your finger into.
THIS!
If all of those lines intersected at the same point, it would result in HORRIBLE panel gap at those spots.
So please, STAHP about the lines not intersecting. It's done this way on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.