Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I just set up a little store in the supercharger lot and do installs? Or is this more of a you slip some money in my window and I pass you a baggie with the good stuff? TV would have me believe I should hire a small neighborhood child to be the runner and take the heat when the cops show up.
Contactless man.

Venmo, drop it in my trunk. The install is so easy I can't imagine anyone needing help. takes like 2 minutes.

Ok. Rear install is like 2 minutes. Front install is more like 20 minutes. Not bad, but kinda unnerving taking the car apart.

The Tesla wireless phone charger is much nicer than my old Taptes one. And the new front piece means my phone doesn't slide off. The only problem is now I have to get a hub, or unplug my sentry drive to use a video game controller.

Ok. Rear install is like 2 minutes. Front install is more like 20 minutes. Not bad, but kinda unnerving taking the car apart.

The Tesla wireless phone charger is much nicer than my old Taptes one. And the new front piece means my phone doesn't slide off. The only problem is now I have to get a hub, or unplug my sentry drive to use a video game controller.
Would a USB C hub work off the USB C front port?

Have you tried reading how many amps/volts you can pull now? Am somewhat surprised Tesla changed the connectors and wire gauge for this change, which makes me a bit concerned about how warm that harness of yours would get. But hey, it works!

German gentleman are selling the rear vent adaptor.

11380db7d9bc0f24bce3b6aedf6c6646d862cd91.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel

Just for a brief info in advance, both plugs are standardized plugs.
The vehicle side is a TE MQS connector (required counterpart no. 936121-1 + contacts no. 1-928918-1) and on the new console is a Delphi connector (required counterpart no. 12052856 + contacts no. 12052217-L).
I also ordered 2 of each of them and would have a cable over which I would give up if everything fits.
The plugs should reach me in the course of the week. : slight_smile:
As a cable, I will take 4 individual strands of 0.5mm² and simply wrap them together with a bit of fabric tape, just like the original wiring harness.

Part numbers!

936121-1
1-928918-1

12052217-L

Reactions: Durzel
Status
Not open for further replies.