Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 (Numeral)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla originally wanted to call it the Model E however Ford blocked it's use as they apparently own that. I'll stick with using the 3 bars. Looks much more:

upload_2017-1-25_15-26-32.jpeg

Agreed!!!

I posted this in another thread....same topic....

Don't like it......here's the reference....electreks poll is 77% to keep the three horizontal lines....I agree wholeheartedly.

Tesla changes the branding of the Model 3 to remove the ‘3 lines’ logo on its website

The three horizontal lines are much more "cutting edge" and futuristic which is what Tesla is all about. The "3" just reminds me of the Mazda 3 and such o_O. Seriously???

I hope it's not permanent.

Ski

While I really do like the horizontal lines...it hurts discoverability. People will get curious about what the Model 3 is, but they will just see 3 horizontal lines. "Tesla car 3 horizontal lines" is a harder thing to Google than "Tesla Model 3".

Reactions: Lem89
I agree that the 3 lines is more cutting edge and not as mainstream, but the validity of Google search and just recognition for common folk makes sense. Since I have recently joined the site, I have yet to find out the right way to write the 3 lines, is that a special character?