Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on display at the Yorkdale Mall Showroom in Toronto on March 2nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that was to be expected. In typical Tesla fashion, things don't happen in the order they should. Releasing cars into showrooms just like that is bound to cause people to get excited and think the car is being sold in Canada now. And to not have pricing information at the very least to give out is just weird at this point.
hope Trump increases import tax on steel and aluminum won’t effect price of model 3.

AA5C94AC-9454-48CB-9495-28A5B21FB609.jpeg 3B162641-3B0F-4135-A739-059AFF8A2833.jpeg
I was there around 10:30Am today, not many people, no line waiting. Spend some time in side, turn on the music, sound looks fantastic.

Both me and my DW agreed it worth waiting and worth continuing waiting.:)

One place the Model 3 is not on display is the Quebec City auto show which opened to the public today. Peculiar decision by Tesla, but consistent with what they did with the X in 2016. Since the QC auto show is only a one-week deal and the 3 was already at the Toronto show, I don't know why they wouldn't prefer the 3 in Quebec City this week. Or, better yet, they could have brought another 3 from the States just for the Quebec event.

January 2016: No X at the Montreal Show.
February 2016: X present at the Toronto show.
March 2016 : No X at the Quebec show.

January 2018: No 3 at the Montreal Show.
February 2016: 3 present at the Toronto show and afterwards at the Yorkdale store.
March 2016 : No 3 at the Quebec show. Nothing at the sole Tesla facility in the province, either.

One place the Model 3 is not on display is the Quebec City auto show which opened to the public today. Peculiar decision by Tesla, but consistent with what they did with the X in 2016. Since the QC auto show is only a one-week deal and the 3 was already at the Toronto show, I don't know why they wouldn't prefer the 3 in Quebec City this week. Or, better yet, they could have brought another 3 from the States just for the Quebec event.

January 2016: No X at the Montreal Show.
February 2016: X present at the Toronto show.
March 2016 : No X at the Quebec show.

January 2018: No 3 at the Montreal Show.
February 2016: 3 present at the Toronto show and afterwards at the Yorkdale store.
March 2016 : No 3 at the Quebec show. Nothing at the sole Tesla facility in the province, either.

Not good decision. Quebec EV may be more popular than Ontario.

View attachment 284719 View attachment 284720
I was there around 10:30Am today, not many people, no line waiting. Spend some time in side, turn on the music, sound looks fantastic.

Both me and my DW agreed it worth waiting and worth continuing waiting.:)

Another data point: I was there around 3:15 or so this afternoon, with no line. There were a dozen or so people around the car and talking to staff, but no issues checking out the car in detail.

Agreed, it’s worth waiting for.

Maybe something to do with how late Tesla usually is with French language support in their on screen menus?

Interesting thought. They sold the S in Quebec for over five years before offering the option for French, so I don't think a non-French menu in the 3 would be a show-stopper. Besides, I would expect the public wouldn't be able to enter the vehicle at the show.

Reactions: sitter_k
Most people there are holding a reserveation, once those all have seen, it will cool down.

Agreed. The car isn't going to pull in people who aren't already interested in seeing it, particularly with it at the back of the store. I'm sure Tesla will do more to promote it in store once they have their backlog down to a small size, but right now, what would the point be? The cars are in stores now for reservation holders to look at.

I popped by Yorkdale first thing yesterday. About 5 people there but I easily got to spend a fair bit of time in the car.

A few thoughts:
- seating a bit tighter than the S laterally (obviously) but more comfortable seats than my Sig S
- screen was frozen and needed to be rebooted to work. Edmunds and others are likely right that they may be rushing these out the door before everything’s ready. Although I’m pretty used to holding the middle buttons once a month, 500k other people probably aren’t....
- the frunk is pretty small, and on observing that one of the Tesla people said it was the dual motor version. Instead of arguing I was surprised that he’d say that since they haven’t made any. Unless of course they are keeping the same size frunk for all and we haven’t noticed that some are AWD. Doubt it.
- everything else is solid about the car. However I’m unsure if I’ll convert the reservation...we'll see final price and rebate situation. I’m fond of my S and with all the part replacements I pretty much have a new car. :)

CJ