Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on display at the Yorkdale Mall Showroom in Toronto on March 2nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you did you ask when the AWD.... Did they tell you when you could expect it on your drive way?

They don't know anything. I tried asking about the rebate issue in Ontario as well and nothing on that front as well. I even asked what happens to deposits if I place an order and it turns out there is no rebate, they couldn't answer that as well.

They didn't even know the configurator mentioned the rebate, I had to show them.

They don't know anything. I tried asking about the rebate issue in Ontario as well and nothing on that front as well. I even asked what happens to deposits if I place an order and it turns out there is no rebate, they couldn't answer that as well.

They didn't even know the configurator mentioned the rebate, I had to show them.
Yeah was more tongue in cheek. It's amazing how hard it is to find passionate employees, that or they have an amazing poker face. I feel like most first heard of the model 3 the day it came to the showroom.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Was there a long line-up? I am planning on heading out there with my dad this coming long weekend, but I want more than 2 minutes with the car.

Nope. I got in the back seat immediately. There was a couple in the front seat and we chatted for quite a bit. Then I got into the drivers seat once they exited, had my wife try it out and then she tried the back seat. We both got time to explore the MCU, adjust seats and mirrors, play with the storage areas, etc.

I got there around 11:45am. I was originally planning on going tomorrow but things lined up today for me. Should be even less people tomorrow.

I'm visiting Toronto from Ottawa (and leaving the country for two months this Tuesday!)

Can someone confirm if the 3 is at Yorkdale now? I assume it's viewable around noon Saturday? (That's the only time I have free)

Thanks!

PS this is a "useless" excursion in a way. I can't imagine what I will discover after all I've read and watched that I won't be in AWE of this vehicle! I've have a mind to avoid seeing one in person so when I finally get mine, it will be a totally new experience!!

I mean, @Tony_YYZ , would you recommend holding off a preview? You KNEW you were getting this car no matter what, right?

I'm visiting Toronto from Ottawa (and leaving the country for two months this Tuesday!)

Can someone confirm if the 3 is at Yorkdale now? I assume it's viewable around noon Saturday? (That's the only time I have free)

Thanks!

PS this is a "useless" excursion in a way. I can't imagine what I will discover after all I've read and watched that I won't be in AWE of this vehicle! I've have a mind to avoid seeing one in person so when I finally get mine, it will be a totally new experience!!

I mean, @Tony_YYZ , would you recommend holding off a preview? You KNEW you were getting this car no matter what, right?

You can give them a call at ‭+1 (416) 787-8006‬ (pick the sales option) to confirm if it's there, which it should be.

Prior to it arriving there, I was set on ordering it regardless, just based on my previous experiences with driving an S. But since it was only around 30 mins drive for me to go see it, I definitely had to. Even though I pretty much knew every inch of the car inside and out it was definitely worthwhile to actually experience it in person.

I'm glad I did. It put any (minor) reservations I had to rest regarding the single display, dashboard design, etc. So if you can make the trip, I would encourage it. It is a lot of money to be spending without driving it but you can at least get some seat time in it.

I was there again recently and it is now running firmware 2018.10.5. It was on an older build the first time I was in it. Some customers thought I worked there and started asking me questions about the 3 and the S, lol. I happily answered them!

Reactions: jkirkwood001
It will definitely be there, but don't be surprised to find a line up to get in to the car.

It was there :) Really enjoyed the showroom and seeing the cars "in the flesh". The interface is fascinating: so progressive, so customisable. I didn't know how to see which version of the OS was running, not latest though - I didn't see rear heated seats for example. The sound system was the best I've ever heard, but couldn't see how to use voice input. Would have liked to see the 18" inch wheels without the aeros, but this car had the 19"s they told me.

Fun also to talk to other excited shoppers, some with reservations, some just considering, another S owner who was talking to staff to configure one of the THREE Model 3s he's reserved!

The red looked awesome - still can't decide!!

Last edited:
It was there :) Really enjoyed the showroom and seeing the cars "in the flesh". The interface is fascinating: so progressive, so customisable. I didn't know how to see which version of the OS was running, not latest though - I didn't see rear heated seats for example. The sound system was the best I've ever heard, but couldn't see how to use voice input. Would have liked to see the 18" inch wheels without the aeros, but this car had the 19"s they told me.

Fun also to talk to other excited shoppers, some with reservations, some just considering, another S owner who was talking to staff to configure one of the THREE Model 3s he's reserved!

The red looked awesome - still can't decide!!

Glad you were able to make the trip and liked it.

It was running the firmware version prior to the one that enabled the rear heated seats.

Tesla still doesn't have a 3 in the Montreal store. If it's due to lack of floor space, they could have at least brought a 3 to either the MTL or QC City auto shows.
Thankfully, there was You You's tour and now a couple more American 3 owners that are bringing their vehicles to the MTL Electric show this weekend.

Tesla still doesn't have a 3 in the Montreal store. If it's due to lack of floor space, they could have at least brought a 3 to either the MTL or QC City auto shows.
Thankfully, there was You You's tour and now a couple more American 3 owners that are bringing their vehicles to the MTL Electric show this weekend.

I don't understand either...We have been invited to configure, but they didn't bother to bring a car at Montréal. More than a month since Vancouver and Toronto has one.

Reactions: RiverBrick
I visited Tesla Yorkdale 3 days after its arrival.
Upon seeing the Tesla 3 in person, I knew I had made the right decision.
Now, just had to wait for my invite to configure!

April 27th was D-Day for me......finally configured and now awaiting my VIN

Congrats to all who have been patiently waiting for their own 3.
We Canadians definitely caught a break with the slow ramp up at the Gigafactory
and, more importantly, the reluctance of Tesla to attain 200,000 US sold Tesla's before July 1st