Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on the Nurburgring vs. Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard nut torque according to Tsportline wheels guide is already 129 lbft, which is 175Nm. Vittel mentioned 170Nm is actually lower.
Yes, I got that but my question was whether anyone had any issues with nuts coming loose at any time? It's like he's saying the factory or SC didn't tighten them properly before he got the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
Yes, I got that but my question was whether anyone had any issues with nuts coming loose at any time? It's like he's saying the factory or SC didn't tighten them properly before he got the car.

Definitely I think someone (who knows whom) left them loose or didn't torque them to the right spec. Torqued to spec, the lug nuts are not coming loose.

Secret Supercharger unlocked.
PSX_20200905_233255.jpg

But no, really, its cool of Tesla to not only put it directly at the Ring, but also hiding it from the map, so passing traffic doesn't occupy it and only those who go on the track will use it...

Last edited:
Secret Supercharger unlocked.
View attachment 584874

But no, really, its cool of Tesla to not only put it directly at the Ring, but also hiding it from the map, so passing traffic doesn't occupy it and only those who go on the track will use it...
Hope they can set up more secret superchargers for local tracks. In paddock will be perfect but any distance comparable to closest gas station still good enough.

Reactions: EVTracker and Mash
Misha is crazy. He said no need helmet since he won't run it fast. Video will be later. Based on stopwatch we made below 8 minutes.

RB 6 pot survived whole track. We had no yellow flags, so it was proper trashing of car. It took 1/3 of XT970 pads - they held well, but they clearly not high temp ones. Unfortunately we did not do any cooling run afterwards and SRF fluid boiled while we were standing for the next lap. I cut 3/4 of heat shields on brake rotors.

We made hot lap with 0 regen -10 stability 70-30 split. Tires warmed up from 28 psi up to 37 psi, so 275 is not large enough for CUP2 on the ring. At last 20% grip was going down.

I have 107mm clearance and we were scrapping bottom and tires were touching arms.

Motors and invertors didn't overheat. Unfortunately I think I don't have logs since I forgot to push start on a track mode :(

Battery overheated at 80% of the lap. That one lap was 90->50% battery charge. This is not Sebastian video lap where he spent only 20% per lap. Much later than stock.

Turning off regen 100% works.

But to run out whole battery non stop we need to rework active shutter box radiators. Brake pads must be high temp and fluid will be boiled SRF or not - need to make brake scoops or ducts.

MPP/KW springs are too soft for CUP2 tires, should be like 120-140 kg, but it will be harsh for the road.

PSX_20200906_173656.jpg
PSX_20200906_173636.jpg
PSX_20200906_173621.jpg

Misha is crazy. He said no need helmet since he won't run it fast. Video will be later. Based on stopwatch we made below 8 minutes.

RB 6 pot survived whole track. We had no yellow flags, so it was proper trashing of car. It took 1/3 of XT970 pads - they held well, but they clearly not high temp ones. Unfortunately we did not do any cooling run afterwards and SRF fluid boiled while we were standing for the next lap. I cut 3/4 of heat shields on brake rotors.

We made hot lap with 0 regen -10 stability 70-30 split. Tires warmed up from 28 psi up to 37 psi, so 275 is not large enough for CUP2 on the ring. At last 20% grip was going down.

I have 107mm clearance and we were scrapping bottom and tires were touching arms.

Motors and invertors didn't overheat. Unfortunately I think I don't have logs since I forgot to push start on a track mode :(

Battery overheated at 80% of the lap. That one lap was 90->50% battery charge. This is not Sebastian video lap where he spent only 20% per lap. Much later than stock.

Turning off regen 100% works.

But to run out whole battery non stop we need to rework active shutter box radiators. Brake pads must be high temp and fluid will be boiled SRF or not - need to make brake scoops or ducts.

MPP/KW springs are too soft for CUP2 tires, should be like 120-140 kg, but it will be harsh for the road.

Awesome, glad you did this!

So turning off regen helped with the overheating? What was ambient temp and humidity?

Not too surprised 275 isn't enough, I do think 305's are probably ideal for the weight of this thing.

It's incredible how much more energy is used going even just 10% faster.

Awesome, glad you did this!

So turning off regen helped with the overheating? What was ambient temp and humidity?

Not too surprised 275 isn't enough, I do think 305's are probably ideal for the weight of this thing.

It's incredible how much more energy is used going even just 10% faster.
I believe it helped. Also probably helped removing frunk - it let's more air to go out. Temps were 70F air, probably 80F road, I would assume humidity 60%.

I think he was going close to the limit considering he doesn't know how car will act. There is most certainly another 15 seconds available for him. I won't ever drive like that - more than 7000 laps that he did on that track and probably more than 500 on gt2rs mr.

UPP sway bars were set to hard rear, med front.
KW was set front to -2 clicks from default rebound, -1 bump, rear -3 rebound, -2 bump. But it's not same valving as MPP, so not applicable.

For tires I forgot to measure side/center temps. But shoulders look fine. No idea how to fit 305 considering amount of rubbing I already had. That requires harder springs.

I don't see you'll fit 305s without modifying the front bodywork like UP car.

If you are going to run with 0% regen (or even <50% regen) I'm not surprised the RB pads have given in. What other pad options do you have with those RB calipers? I'm surprised the SRF fluid boiled TBH.

Are you thinking the Cup2s in the size you used are getting too hot too quickly and that wider tyres will keep them in the operating window longer? Cup2s optimum pressure range is 33-40psi, so that's quite a wide window and maybe you could start with lower pressures to keep it within that? Minimum pressure is 26psi, so you've got quite a bit to play with there.

Last edited:
I don't see you'll fit 305s without modifying the front bodywork like UP car.

If you are going to run with 0% regen (or even <50% regen) I'm not surprised the RB pads have given in. What other pad options do you have with those RB calipers? I'm surprised the SRF fluid boiled TBH.

Are you thinking the Cup2s in the size you used are getting too hot too quickly and that wider tyres will keep them in the operating window longer? Cup2s optimum pressure range is 33-40psi, so that's quite a wide window and maybe you could start with lower pressures to keep it within that? Minimum pressure is 26psi, so you've got quite a bit to play with there.

I think with large enough camber can do same thing that UPP did and shave the knuckle arm.

RB pads did ok considering they are not full track pads. It's my mistake - we stopped and were staying with rotors at 850F based on my gun reading. Have to cool down way longer. I believe UK pads can find something. Plus RB sells track pads.

I'm not surprised SRF boiled. Nothing survives standing still for 10 minutes at such rotor temperature.

I have no doubts that wider tires keep heat better. More airflow to cool them, more rubber to spread heat from contact patch, lower pressure to keep load. 275x35 19 needs 32 psi hot. You go 28 psi, warm it up, decrease pressure and them go beating at 32 hot, not 37 as we did. Beyond 35 grip falls off the cliff for them according to tech bulletin. Same paper says never go below 28 psi and 3.0 camber, btw.

Optimum pressure for CUP2 is 35, so technically 305 will be overinflated at that pressure.

I've got nearly an inch of room in the front fender with the 275 R-S4's on it now at ~2.7 degrees of camber. 285's would definitely fit, I think 295's could go either way, 305's yeah - you would probably need to modify the fenders.
Can't find this picture from Pikes Peak, you can change a knuckle also. But it's going to be very close. And also, I'm looking at slick specs and 300mm wide tire requires 12.5 rim... I think it's just CUP2 is not made for such an abuse and ~270 is actually on the spot with load rating.

A bit more about the ring. In person it is insane mountain road that feels like rollercoaster. Similar to Laguna Seca 60ft drop corkscrew but higher drops, multiple one after another and with total elevation difference of 1000 ft. You can get some rest on "straights" unless your car is fast enough and has no downforce to keep you planted with elevation changes.

And its a public toll road - there is a speed limit sign in one place and overtaking only on a left lane. Plus tons of blind turns and stupidly slow tourists in left lanes. And it's a 32 miles total range per charge if I ever solve cooling issues.

Supercharger at the Ring is free or at least I got no payment history while other superchargers before and after all charged.

Something new banging in my suspension, but I'm surprised it's survived. Anyway, totally worth it.

Can't find this picture from Pikes Peak, you can change a knuckle also. But it's going to be very close. And also, I'm looking at slick specs and 300mm wide tire requires 12.5 rim... I think it's just CUP2 is not made for such an abuse and ~270 is actually on the spot with load rating.

A bit more about the ring. In person it is insane mountain road that feels like rollercoaster. Similar to Laguna Seca 60ft drop corkscrew but higher drops, multiple one after another and with total elevation difference of 1000 ft. You can get some rest on "straights" unless your car is fast enough and has no downforce to keep you planted with elevation changes.

And its a public toll road - there is a speed limit sign in one place and overtaking only on a left lane. Plus tons of blind turns and stupidly slow tourists in left lanes. And it's a 32 miles total range per charge if I ever solve cooling issues.

Supercharger at the Ring is free or at least I got no payment history while other superchargers before and after all charged.

Something new banging in my suspension, but I'm surprised it's survived. Anyway, totally worth it.

Its on my bucket list to take the very best Ring Taxi I can afford when I visit Germany. Until then I'll just keep loving videos like this.