Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on the Nurburgring vs. Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found out what was banging at the left side after the Ring. It wasnt sway bar which I've changed back to stock. But it was RB floating brake disc which got all bolts loosen. They were all torqued to 9 lbft before and this time they all started to rotate at 4. That fixed an issue, but I think I have more and more reason to abandon those brakes.

They did survive beating with 0 regen, but botls backing off from special patented lock nuts just like that??
Too many horror stories online to go with RB. I’m surprised you Actually went with them. Same issue. Shame that the “kit” they have are attractive.

Also want to know which 4 point harness you are using.
That one SAFETY THROUGH TECHNOLOGY » Schroth QuickFit Pro but I have to be honest - I don't know how safe it is considering steep angle of belts behind the seat. I use it only to keep myself planted. And I'm slowly moving towards custom inserts into proper bucket seats with removable rear bar. Just need to find a shop that can make clean installation.

Belts can keep you somewhat in the seat, so you can drive, but stock seat itself is moving a lot and has too much springs inside, so you're keep jumping around. On a track I need to feel what is going on with the car and seat is 50% of information. With stock seats it's more garbage than useful info.

@Mash Those brakes seem quite noisy in the 'Ring lap (as in rotor slot 'hum'). Did it sound as noisy as that in the car or is it being picked up more by the camera?
It was that noisy. I already asked others here before if they have same noise from RB rotors. Nothing wrong with them, I believe, except slots are sharp and making that grunt noise. I'm going to post 360 video later so you can compare.

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
Oh, forgot to ask - how is the stiffness compares vs AP?

The immediacy of the AP kit is not there. I suspect this has to do with not having AKBS. Of course, the trade-off is no hit in range. I would say it is in-between stock and the AP kit as far as immediacy is concerned.

Otherwise, they feel quite nice, and they look great.

I should have some better insight this weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: Mash
The immediacy of the AP kit is not there. I suspect this has to do with not having AKBS. Of course, the trade-off is no hit in range. I would say it is in-between stock and the AP kit as far as immediacy is concerned.

Otherwise, they feel quite nice, and they look great.

I should have some better insight this weekend.
How about rigidity?
Standing still you just press it and compare how deep the pedal goes with the same force deducting initial slack.
Does it feel softer pedal or the same?

Thanks!

Ok, back to topic. Video gained some traction. Mostly about weird noises I make. I'm preparing a car for October run with Misha again. This time with local shops support.

Minimum: Cooling, Brakes, Seats, Roll bar, 6 point harnesses.
Maximum: Wheels, Tires, more camber, front&rear aero, coilovers.
Grab the @UnpluggedP roll bar and seats. They’re plug and play and the harness bar installs in 15 mins after you do initial assembly. The California guys run it and there’s a video of the install on instagram

Looks like @UnpluggedP is making some big moves. Going all in on Tesla racing. I’m sure @Mash will find some goodies there for sure.
5B07F128-84B2-491B-808A-37A1923DA1F6.png