Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Only 1 Screen Officially

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new to you. the experience. the layout. new as in the perception, not its prior existence in the marketplace.
Name the car that Tesla has made that has 1 screen.
Name the car that Tesla has made that has HUD.

I keep saying over and over - New to Tesla. I'm not commenting on the marketplace.

New to Tesla means the MS and/or MX will have it first - according to Elon.

• Disagree
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Name the car that Tesla has made that has 1 screen.
Name the car that Tesla has made that has HUD.

I keep saying over and over - New to Tesla. I'm not commenting on the marketplace.

New to Tesla means the MS and/or MX will have it first - according to Elon.

Maybe. They're the high tech test bed (S and X). This decision seems to be being made from a "simplicity of manufacturing" perspective.

So no, not really a guarantee that the S or X gets the single screen...because...well, and we should all maybe let this go until it's confirmed....but HUD has not been confirmed for the 3.

Nobody outside Tesla knows anything about the truth.

I like Tesla but saying they are the only real bearers of the truth is going a little too far... ;)

If there is no display in the line of sight, in some stock form, I bet we'll immediately see some interesting after market add-ons since speed and navigation, which most people want in line of sight, are on even the cheapest of GPS units.

Maybe. They're the high tech test bed (S and X). This decision seems to be being made from a "simplicity of manufacturing" perspective.

So no, not really a guarantee that the S or X gets the single screen...because...well, and we should all maybe let this go until it's confirmed....but HUD has not been confirmed for the 3.
I'm just quoting Tesla/Elon. You should tweet him. Tell him he's wrong.

Pretty nice setup . The only things I would change is the BSM system , if the car has side mirrors I want he warning in the mirror as on most BSM systems. Switch tracing is super cool and easy to use.
The whole system as presented seems very doable and while it wouldn't expect it to be standard on the model 3 or almost any car , I do think something like this could be optional on Tesla cars in the future.

Pretty nice setup . The only things I would change is the BSM system , if the car has side mirrors I want he warning in the mirror as on most BSM systems. Switch tracing is super cool and easy to use.
The whole system as presented seems very doable and while it wouldn't expect it to be standard on the model 3 or almost any car , I do think something like this could be optional on Tesla cars in the future.
Ok. I'll bite. What is a BSM system?

What's your point? What's your definition of "declarative statements"?
Nobody outside Tesla knows anything about the truth.

I think everyone should give it a chance and TEST DRIVE A MODEL 3 BEFORE WRITING IT OFF!
No HUD and center screen only is NOT a deal breaker for most buyers - that's what everyone saw before putting down $1,000 for the car, for goodness sake.

I have been driving BMWs with HUD (one of the best HUD implementation) for many years. It is optional for me.
And I can't see it with my polarized sunglasses on anyways. So yeah, while it is nice to have HUDs, I don't miss it when I can't see it with my sunglasses on.

And why does info has to be in front of the drive?
Honestly, I look at the mirrors (which are way off from the front of the drive) more often than I look at the instrumental panel.
I think once you test drive and see what Tesla has to offer, you may change your mind. And if you don't, I would be happy to move up a spot ;)

He isn't writing off the Model 3 - he believes there will be a HUD.

Why would Tesla do that when they got almost 400,000 people willing to put down money to buy the car they saw shown -- with the center display on a pedestal -- on March 31, 2016?

I'd expect most sane people with the $1,000 and awareness of the release knew about the company prior, have seen or driven a Tesla and realize the interiors were not the finished product. They expect refinements to come. I think many are just holding their spot in line to have the option hoping the interior suits them.

Edit: The Model-X Alpha had a floating screen as well. Didn't last then, I expect the 3's to be flush as well.
IMG_1943.JPG

Last edited: