Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Options Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what do the following Supercharging details tell us (emphasis mine)? Pack voltage? Power?
The “home charging” (really level 2 charging) numbers hint at on-board charger differences, but that is separate for Supercharging.

Standard Battery
  • Range: 220 miles (EPA estimated)
  • Supercharging rate: 130 miles of range per 30 minutes
  • Home charging rate: 30 miles of range per hour (240V outlet, 32A)

Long Range Battery - $9,000
  • Range: 310 miles
  • Supercharging rate: 170 miles of range per 30 minutes
  • Home charging rate: 37 miles of range per hour (240V outlet, 40A)

They just told me that the only cars that will probably be delivered this year will be the 310 battery all of which will be equipped with the Premium upgrade package. So they will start at $50,200 (including the mandatory delivery charge of $1200, even if you pick it up at the factory). Then you can choose wheels, color and AP.
Looking at comparing these to a used model S, make sure to get an S after vin# 50,000 so it will have AP1. That cruise control is THE best thing on the car.

Reactions: davidc18
It is not completely clear if the white interior will be an option for both PUP and non PUP:

Which future options will be made available to order, and when?
We are planning to introduce the following options in the coming months:

Fall 2017: White interior option, standard configuration (non-Premium Upgrades)
November 2017: Standard Battery, $35,000 car
Spring 2018: Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

It is not completely clear if the white interior will be an option for both PUP and non PUP:

Which future options will be made available to order, and when?
We are planning to introduce the following options in the coming months:

Fall 2017: White interior option, standard configuration (non-Premium Upgrades)
November 2017: Standard Battery, $35,000 car
Spring 2018: Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

I saw that before and I assumed that meant a white cloth interior as opposed to a white faux leather upgrade. They should offer both.

Reactions: Jurnimon
I saw that before and I assumed that meant a white cloth interior as opposed to a white faux leather upgrade. They should offer both.

Interesting, Ken. I'd actually be fine with a white "textile" seat. I had a white and black cloth seat in another car years ago. Durable and comfortable. It needed to be steam cleaned ever so often but if it is a no cost option I'd opt for it. I expect the white seats are the vegan seats that Tesla has been recommending which currently costs $2,500 in the MS and MX.

And what's weird is that on my Tesla page, it shows the extended battery model at a price of $49,000. Where does that pricing come from? If all you ordered was the extended battery, that would put it at $44,000.

I'm also wondering about the dates that are shown? Are these dates when Tesla is estimating YOU will get your car based on the ordering date? The dates seem to be much earlier than Troy's estimator.
Yes, it is when YOU will get your car based upon queue and location.

• Informative
Reactions: Ken7
When I go to the page where I can see my delivery date it offers the option of the regular or long range versions, at that point I'm supposed to click on one. Is this an irrevocable choice? I'd like to go through all the options for each before I masked a choice (I have different ownership models to consider).
It is revocable. It'll say so after you choose. I imagine it is to give production team a ballpark number to work with by gauging interest.