Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Options Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MotorTrend article says:

60-85-kW

Can't be right, right?
I actually did some math on it and it is likely 60kwh and 85kwh pack to get reasonable efficiency.

Either that or 55kwh or 80kwh. But this number would yield rediculious efficiency which is unlikely.

Also given how some of the new model s 75 have been seen with an 85kwh pack I suspect it is the 85kwh on both the model s and model 3. They are testing how the limited 85kwh pack will run in the model s.

Why do you assume everyone will get the upgraded battery and dual motors? If a lot of people opt for the base battery, then a 42k average seems fairly apt. It depends on the breakdown of who opts for what. Not everyone needs to have every option ticked, a lot of people are fine with just enough to meet their needs. The base battery with 220 miles of range is no joke. 220 covers the vast majority of people's daily driving and would be sufficient to jump SC locations when on longer road trips. I lived for three years with 80 miles on a Leaf, and loved it. I'm currently living with 50-60 miles of electric driving on my Volt, and have only filled the tank once in nearly a year because of engine maintenance, and a couple of longer trips. The much smaller Volt battery covers nearly all of my needs on a daily basis, and the base 3 provides 4 times the range.
Supercharging speeds and battery health will mean real world Supercharges to 170-180 and unless you drive slowly in moderate temps and flat terrain, you will surely spend much of any trip finding and than waiting at every successive Supercharger. Keep your Volt for long trips if you go with the 220 battery. It will of course be running on gas but at least you won't be sitting at a Supercharger every couple hours.

Supercharging speeds and battery health will mean real world Supercharges to 170-180 and unless you drive slowly in moderate temps and flat terrain, you will surely spend much of any trip finding and than waiting at every successive Supercharger. Keep your Volt for long trips if you go with the 220 battery. It will of course be running on gas but at least you won't be sitting at a Supercharger every couple hours.

Well, I personally almost always rent when I go on my rare long road trips. I don't feel the need to put those miles on my car, and I like getting the damage waiver for the rental car to give me peace of mind when I'm driving in unfamiliar areas so if I get a ding or some jack hole runs into the parked car and doesn't leave his info I don't have to care (both of which happened to me while on visiting family in San Francisco from LA in a rental car). I know the areas and how people tend to drive in my daily routines, so I've been fortunate not to have any damage, minor or major, to my actual vehicles as of yet.

But even if I did take the 3 on a road trip, 220 should be fine. A break every couple of hours to supercharge sounds just fine to me since I get stiff and uncomfortable if I drive for too long. And people have been doing several hundred mile trips, sometimes even cross country trips, in their S60s which has less range than the base 3 just fine.

image.png
BMW sells almost 500K 3 series worldwide each year, which is also the target for the Model 3, so you can't really say that.
There are differences in distribution, served market. BMW is world wide.
From the 2016 report: https://www.bmwgroup.com/content/da...n/2017/GB/13044_BMW_GB16_en_Finanzbericht.pdf

The worldwide number is 411,844. US sales 106,221.

That market does not get Tesla where they want to be.

$1000 for any color but black treats working people with contempt. They have other things to do with that money. It makes it really difficult to sell the transaction and violates the contract. Let's people walk.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: reynirb
Where do you live?... Oh, Hawaii. Well, your weather and views make up for that price.

My nearest BMW stealership: brand-new 320i xDrive @ $39,430 with decent options: power seats, walnut trim, and lighting package.
Yeah, but Iwas quoting a 330 which isthe equivalent BMW. If you want tocompare apples and oranges go ahead. My stripper S gets rave reviews compared to my neighbors 740. All people see is the screen not the leather and garbage on the 740. Pisses him off. Then I let them drive it and tell them it is the slowest Tesla. Then I tell them to flip the Autopilot lever twice. You should see their faces.

What I wonder is the 2019 estimate delivery date. Are they going to surprise us with a higher range capacity or some options that is not available now.

I have two reservations both at the same time. One deliver 2017-2018 and the other 2018--2019

Huh, I don't see a heated steering wheel mentioned anywhere. That would be very disappointing. My hands get cold sometimes and I love the heated steering wheel in my Volt. I was really hoping that would be standard, but I don't see it mentioned in even the upgrade package.
Most cars only have air vent at some spot, and usually you can't point them at the steering wheel, the M3 has air vent across the whole dash, maybe the air flow will warm the steering wheel.

Can someone translate WTH "textile" seating material is?
Tesla's been using the term "textile" since the beginning of the Model S, if not longer.
And what's weird is that on my Tesla page, it shows the extended battery model at a price of $49,000. Where does that pricing come from? If all you ordered was the extended battery, that would put it at $44,000.
Although it's already been answered Model 3 Reservations FAQ confirms the answer, as well.
Will there still be a $35,000 Model 3 option?
Yes. Our first production Model 3 vehicles are preconfigured to ensure a smooth production ramp so that we can deliver more cars to more customers at a faster pace. The beginning configuration is a Long Range Battery with rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades, starting at $49,000. These vehicles come with three options for customization: wheel size, exterior color and Autopilot features.

Additional configurations, including the Model 3 with standard equipment for $35,000, will become available as production ramps, which we expect to be in November 2017.