Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also in S Cal, ordered 3P on 8/5, received the 1 to 3 week text last week. I expect a VIN this week and hopefully delivery the week of 9/7. Time frame was 4 to 8 weeks back on 8/5.

Learning is the Financial Quarter dictates what gets delivered first and when.

Ed
I guess the next time I place an order, I’ll just wait till the end of the quarter. I’ve talked to a fellow poster who stated he’s been waiting 10+ weeks, which is inexcusable on Tesla’s end. I mean, it’s not like we’re ordering a limited Ferrari that is being specially made in Modena and shipped over. Vamoose.

Last edited:
Reactions: ropogigio724
I guess the next time I place an order, I’ll just wait till the end of the quarter. I’ve talked to a fellow poster who stated he’s been waiting 10+ weeks, which is inexcusable on Tesla’s end. I mean, it’s not like we’re ordering a limited Ferrari that is being specially made in Modena and shipped over. Vamoose.
Keep in mind the factory was shut down for a month earlier this quarter. That probably didn't help the situation.

I also ordered a M3P on 8/8 with no word on anything except on 8/19 a text saying 2-5 wks. When I ordered it gave me 3-7 wks. I have noticed that the time frame updates are all the same in the sense of “when” you get delivery. Even if someone orders one now they will get the car pretty much around the same time I would, even though I ordered way before them. Makes sense?

But with that said, I do hope we get movement this week!

Keep in mind that the factory doesn't ship single cars; it ships them in bunches. They're not going to waste a car hauling 18-wheeler or a train car to ship cars one at a time.

Reactions: artdawg
Keep in mind that the factory doesn't ship single cars; it ships them in bunches. They're not going to waste a car hauling 18-wheeler or a train car to ship cars one at a time.
I know it doesn’t, which is somewhat my point. They are making them in batches, which in essence, should not take that long for it to arrive. My Ferrari analogy was just a tongue-in-cheek remark, that my order is a car I see everyday on the street, not a limited Ferrari.

Also in S Cal, ordered 3P on 8/5, received the 1 to 3 week text last week. I expect a VIN this week and hopefully delivery the week of 9/7. Time frame was 4 to 8 weeks back on 8/5.

Learning is the Financial Quarter dictates what gets delivered first and when.

Ed
What makes you think VIN & then delivery in that time frame? I sure hope so. I’m so tired of this wait

Reactions: ropogigio724
I know it doesn’t, which is somewhat my point. They are making them in batches, which in essence, should not take that long for it to arrive. My Ferrari analogy was just a tongue-in-cheek remark, that my order is a car I see everyday on the street, not a limited Ferrari.
It's not that they make them in batches; it's that they ship them in batches. My understanding is that the first month of the quarter, they go overseas, and the last month, they go to the USA and Canada, with the first shipments going to the east coast, and working westwards. Wait times now are 2-4 weeks. I expect that in late September or early October, it will be 8-12 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: RedWhite19
Well, after 11 weeks since I placed my order I finally received a VIN. I decided to give my SA a call to confirm progress and sure enough, I was assigned a VIN on Saturday and my SR+ Red/White's birthday was Friday. I admit that I had lost all hope on getting an update considering my order timeframe was 4-6 weeks and unlike many others on here, I never received an update text in August.

Now the wait begins on a delivery window....shipping to Hawaii takes around 4 days and my SA mentioned that Hawaii usually gets several shipments at the end of the quarter.

Hang in there guys, If I can finally get a VIN for a June 14th order date. It will be a matter of days before the rest start coming in!

Well, after 11 weeks since I placed my order I finally received a VIN. I decided to give my SA a call to confirm progress and sure enough, I was assigned a VIN on Saturday and my SR+ Red/White's birthday was Friday. I admit that I had lost all hope on getting an update considering my order timeframe was 4-6 weeks and unlike many others on here, I never received an update text in August.

Now the wait begins on a delivery window....shipping to Hawaii takes around 4 days and my SA mentioned that Hawaii usually gets several shipments at the end of the quarter.

Hang in there guys, If I can finally get a VIN for a June 14th order date. It will be a matter of days before the rest start coming in!
I wonder if they finally made red cars then lol. I have a red/white 3P. I did notice that on the spreadsheet the people getting vin and delivery dates are mostly white, silver and black. So hopefully the batches of red are this week!

8/6: Ordered
8/10: 3-6 Week text
8/27: VIN assigned text
8/29: Deliver self schedule text (which, of course, falls perfectly in the one four day time frame I'll be out of town for the first time since early March, lol. Working with my SA on that). Delivery window offered was 9/10-9/12

Reactions: HTWOMS
From your advisor or email from Tesla? And congrats!

thanks! No text, it was my every 10 min refresh of Tesla account page on my phone lol. Woke up, checked phone and BOOM! it had this profound effect on me:

-Made up with my wife
-became a motivational speaker to my net minted middle school daughter
-provides words of wisdom that made sense to my new college bound son who just started today virtually.

This is the feature Tesla doesn’t disclose: your stars align and things become much clearer lol.

I would say there’s gonna be a flurry of VINs assigned this week to plan for EOQ deliveries.
Good luck!

thanks! No text, it was my every 10 min refresh of Tesla account page on my phone lol. Woke up, checked phone and BOOM! it had this profound effect on me:

-Made up with my wife
-became a motivational speaker to my net minted middle school daughter
-provides words of wisdom that made sense to my new college bound son who just started today virtually.

This is the feature Tesla doesn’t disclose: your stars align and things become much clearer lol.

I would say there’s gonna be a flurry of VINs assigned this week to plan for EOQ deliveries.
Good luck!
Ha ha ha love it! I would like some of that mojo! I order on 8/2 last text 8/25 2-4 weeks and since my advisor put I was paying cash to get the ball rolling I’m waiting for a vin to get the loan finished so I can pay for the car lol. I’m sure by the looks of it with all the people on here I should be getting it soon. If my iPhone had a button for refresh it would be worn out. It’s like a kid on Christmas morning over here.

Reactions: HTWOMS
8/6: Ordered
8/10: 3-6 Week text
8/27: VIN assigned text
8/29: Deliver self schedule text (which, of course, falls perfectly in the one four day time frame I'll be out of town for the first time since early March, lol. Working with my SA on that). Delivery window offered was 9/10-9/12

Congrats! What specifications did you order? I'm in Cleveland and ordered on 8/3 ... 8/10 : ready for delivery 3-6 weeks ... 8/25: ready for delivery 2-4 weeks... nothing since. I ordered white/white, SR +, 19 inch wheels.