Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is VIN of a car that has correct configuration and is currently not assigned to anyone else i.e. it is assigned to you.
The car could be waiting in delivery center already or in SFO port to be loaded on a RORO ship. Depending on exact location there is some indeterminate time needed before some DS will contact you why you haven't yet paid in full.

If pay in full soon enough, DS will just confirm delivery date otherwise he might inform you the VIN might disappear and another one will be assigned to you at a later date when matching algorithm finds a suitable free VIN.

I see you are from Spain, if there was no suitable car in inventory (very probably) you are probably waiting for a car coming with Triumph Ace with current ETA of 2.8.2019.

I today changed my config to white dual and currently don't have a VIN. On friday there will be one new black AWD available again.

Last edited:
That is VIN of a car that has correct configuration and is currently not assigned to anyone else i.e. it is assigned to you.
The car could be waiting in delivery center already or in SFO port to be loaded on a RORO ship. Depending on exact location there is some indeterminate time needed before some DS will contact you why you haven't yet paid in full.

If pay in full soon enough, DS will just confirm delivery date otherwise he might inform you the VIN might disappear and another one will be assigned to you at a later date when matching algorithm finds a suitable free VIN.

I see you are from Spain, if there was no suitable car in inventory (very probably) you are probably waiting for a car coming with Triumph Ace with current ETA of 2.8.2019.

I today changed my config to white dual and currently don't have a VIN. On friday there will be one new black AWD available again.

Actually I'm from Navarre Florida. Does that change anything?

Last edited:
Just that shipping might not include actual ships :)
M3s are not build to order but in batches for different regions and orders are then matched with still 'free' cars.

Awesome so at least my car has already been built and I don't have to wait for another batch to be done for my configuration.
I have a Pearl White with white interior coming. At first I was starting to regret only getting the SR+ but for all the trips that I'm going to be using it for 190 miles should be more than eneough. Maybe if I could have found a used LR RWD a little sooner I would have done that but still no regrets.

Ordered July 8, LR AWD, white on white. I also ordered homelink. I just got an email on the homelink order and it has a vin in the order. Checked my Tesla account and it wants me to make the payoff amount.

Seems like delivery is approaching.
Congrats! I ordered on 7/13, white on white LR AWD also and been told it could be awhile due to the configuration. I’m hoping your recent update might mean I’ll hear something soon?