Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Boston, MA

09/28/19: Ordered M3P BLK/BLK + FSD

09/30/19: VIN# was assigned (440XXX)
since many ppl said new VIN should be 5XXXXX, so I checked VIN# thru some VIN's info website and found that is VIN# for 2019 (K) but with 3 y/o age (not sure why?)

10/01/19: VIN# has disappeared
emailed to showroom asking about new VIN#, they told me that they are still waiting for it. They were bloody busy with almost 100 Tesla orders to delivery yesterday (monday - ending 3rd quarter)

10/05/19: Accessories: Ordered accessories from Tesla online shop (all weather liners and cargo mats (front and back)
10/06/19: Accessories: Got email with tracking number (estimate 7 days delivery)

From outside Atlanta

10/4/19 - Ordered Model 3 SR+ White Exterior/Black Interior
Uploaded photos of trade-in, and every time I log into my Tesla.com account, it reverts my photos to "not having been submitted"

Super weird, but people say that it shouldn't hold up delivery! Seems like they're very busy these days, so I'm just eagerly awaiting the next steps.

Outside Boston (Dedham Store)

Oct 2nd: Original order; Blue SR+, black interior, standard wheels.

Oct 10th: Order changed. Tesla website showed a Blue LR AWD, black interior, standard wheels in inventory at Dedham Store. I called and changed my order to this vehicle. Sales Advisor told me it wasn’t actually at the store, but ‘in transit’ and could still take a week or two.

Oct 12th: Text received to schedule delivery. (No VIN yet, though)

Oct 23rd: Delivery scheduled. (First available appointment.)

If I am reading the spreadsheet correctly, it looks like almost no one who has ordered since Sep 25th, a full 3 weeks ago, has been given a VIN yet. Typical start of quarter slow ramp up?

I want to take delivery in mid/late December, so trying to plan when I need to order.

Mesa, AZ
Model 3 SR+ in white/white and Aero wheels and FSD
Ordered 10/05
As of today, still no VIN or delivery date.

Tesla Chat guy said trim level - IE: performance/LR/SR+ - has no bearing on delivery timing, but delivery region does. Says current timeline is 2-4 weeks.

For those of us that are buying our second Tesla because the first one was totaled by a reckless driver, this kind of waiting is a bit more unbearable. We know what we're missing and didn't choose to be in this position.

If I am reading the spreadsheet correctly, it looks like almost no one who has ordered since Sep 25th, a full 3 weeks ago, has been given a VIN yet. Typical start of quarter slow ramp up?

I want to take delivery in mid/late December, so trying to plan when I need to order.
Average time from config to delivery for AZ: 26 days. BUT that is based on the last 12 months. Some are saying October is different. We will see!!

Color is the only thing I see that has a significant effect on delivery time.

Ordered mines on 9/30, white on black P3D, no VIN yet, but notice today they had update to gray wheel on all performance model 3, also saw I had an $1,000 increase on the price tag. liked the wheel, but not the price increases without my permission.

Its up to date now.. it took a few days to refresh the newer data after I entered mine. I see your entry.. looks like you ordered a Blue Perf? I just ordered the same but with black interior on the 13th. Guessing November sometime for delivery.