Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, this is a caution. I received an invite for orientation from the Kansas City-Manchester service center yesterday (11/27). That location is a 247 mile drive from my home in Iowa. The St. Louis-Chesterfield service center is 215 miles but on a route I've driven many times. The invite implies that delivery is imminent. But is orientation worth 8-10 hours of driving plus an overnight stay? Also, weather in these parts has been dicy. The appointment dates are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays starting 12/4 through 12/14 with the weekday appointments at 4:00 PM and the Saturday appointments at 2:00 PM. I'm going to call them tomorrow for more information.

I would 100% tell you that you should NOT make that trek and waste money on going to the orientation if it's that far. You would know everything they tell you by spending one hour on this board.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t and Lchamp
Wow, this is a caution. I received an invite for orientation from the Kansas City-Manchester service center yesterday (11/27). That location is a 247 mile drive from my home in Iowa. The St. Louis-Chesterfield service center is 215 miles but on a route I've driven many times. The invite implies that delivery is imminent. But is orientation worth 8-10 hours of driving plus an overnight stay? Also, weather in these parts has been dicy. The appointment dates are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays starting 12/4 through 12/14 with the weekday appointments at 4:00 PM and the Saturday appointments at 2:00 PM. I'm going to call them tomorrow for more information.
For that length of drive it's not worth it. Probably not worth it w a 30 min drive....use the forum!

orientation for me was about 5 miles and i totally skipped it lol ... in hindsight... that maybe why i don't have a VIN :(

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: tren01t
Ok, ok, the consensus seems to be the trip to the KC Service Center would be a waste of time. Got it. :) But a little disappointed. Out here in the hinterlands where Teslas are sparse and Superchargers are even sparser the pull for visiting an actual Tesla Service Center is mighty strong.

Ok, ok, the consensus seems to be the trip to the KC Service Center would be a waste of time. Got it. :) But a little disappointed. Out here in the hinterlands where Teslas are sparse and Superchargers are even sparser the pull for visiting an actual Tesla Service Center is mighty strong.

I get it. I made a 5 hour round trip to attend the "orientation". I agree with everybody here that it was not worth it had that been the only reason I was going. I had actually never seen a model three close up and certainly driven one. I was able to get in one and they pulled a performance model from the back for me to drive it. If not for that, I would have been pretty disappointed in the trip. Being able to see and drive the car I ordered made it worth it.

Just received text this morning for home delivery of my M3 for next Tuesday, contacted my SA to change to pickup instead. ....waiting for delivery team to contact me to schedule again. I am anxiously waiting.

Vin was in source code yesterday. Ordered on 10/11 LR AWD Black/White Aero w/out FSD