Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what happens if, hypothetically, we miss the incentive date of 12/31/19 despite being told we'd get it by then? We just have to suck up an almost $2k loss?
Yes, sadly. If you don’t get possession of the car by 12/31, then no federal incentive. However, if I remember correctly, Tesla did some price adjustments across all cars when the $7.5K federal incentive was dropped by half. Who knows what they would do this time.

For all of us waiting for delivery in Costa Mesa, I received an email saying to contact them if we do not hear anything by December 9th and they will have more information. I had originally emailed them asking for an update..
Also, I had called their location to inform them of our dates we will be out of town so that they may note that in our file. The lady who answered said we are still looking at last week or two of December!

I guess its a good sign to see some VINs assigned in Colorado. Nothing yet for my late Sept order, I wonder if they prioritize FSD orders?

Yes I’ll take it! FSD is just a software feature so not sure if it’s the deciding factor maybe it’s the higher price tag? Or the white interior? Or just random luck who knows...the Littleton manager doesn’t reply to emails anymore I might pop up there tomorrow to see what’s up.

Yes I’ll take it! FSD is just a software feature so not sure if it’s the deciding factor maybe it’s the higher price tag? Or the white interior? Or just random luck who knows...the Littleton manager doesn’t reply to emails anymore I might pop up there tomorrow to see what’s up.
I’m not sure if this helps or if it is even related. But I finished the financing part and uploaded the insurance of my current model X (to be updated when I get a VIN for the model 3). My OA told me that “everything on your side is completed. We will try to match you with a VIN.”

My guess is that they are assigning a VIN by configuration batch. I don’t think FSD has any role. But I’m curious to hear what the manager says.

So what happens if, hypothetically, we miss the incentive date of 12/31/19 despite being told we'd get it by then? We just have to suck up an almost $2k loss?

The website, as of 12/4 wee hours in the morning, still says you can order now and get delivery by 12/31 with $1875 credit. If Tesla can't deliver, I would think of it as "false advertising". Think of it as airline reservations where they overbook. Push comes to shove, some people are denied boarding but they usually get some incentive to ease the disappointment. In this case, I would imagine Tesla would swallow the $1875 credit difference for orders placed when the "delivered by 12/31" notice was displayed on the site but it couldn't deliver by 12/31.

Maybe I am naive, but the only reason I ordered on Nov 22nd was to make sure I got the delivery by 12/31 and got the tax credit. Otherwise, I would have waited until next year.

Reactions: RIP_GSLN
UPDATE:

10/31 Ordered Model 3 LR AWD White/White 18" Aero wheels FSD
10/02 VIN in source code

10/03 received an email inviting me to a Tesla Orientation class this Sunday 12/8/19 and next Sunday 12/15/19 at their Raleigh store.

Does that mean I won't be taking delivery before Sunday 12/15?

The email stated that my delivery experience will be a "Sign and Drive"