Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming they keep the insurance screen unlocked specifically because of this. You can't leave the dealer without insurance, so they have you upload something in there. Then, when you get your VIN and car, you can upload the new insurance. You'll notice you can't change your financing or registration because those should all be set, but your insurance you can change, so I'm assuming that's why you can change it without getting it locked out.

Wondering how many people who were promised delivery before end of the year will cancel their orders if they wont take delivery of the car and can’t take advantage of the federal credit?
Personally, I haven't heard of anyone being promised delivery by a certain date. Tesla did give us estimated dates, but nothing promised. I could be wrong though.

However, I think I understand your question. Would anyone cancel their order if they didn't get it by 12/31? Although it would hurt to lose out on the $1875, I would still get it. I am already $100 invested on the "down payment", and the price of the SR+ has already gone up $500 since I placed my order. Thus, I feel like I would be losing out on $600 if I just cancel. This is the vehicle I want to buy, so there would be no reason for me to cancel and place another order in 2020.

Personally, I haven't heard of anyone being promised delivery by a certain date. Tesla did give us estimated dates, but nothing promised. I could be wrong though.

However, I think I understand your question. Would anyone cancel their order if they didn't get it by 12/31? Although it would hurt to lose out on the $1875, I would still get it. I am already $100 invested on the "down payment", and the price of the SR+ has already gone up $500 since I placed my order. Thus, I feel like I would be losing out on $600 if I just cancel. This is the vehicle I want to buy, so there would be no reason for me to cancel and place another order in 2020.

The SA at the Tesla store I talked to, said that while they are trying their best to get the cars to everyone by 12/31, if they are not able to deliver by 12/31, expect delivery only by end of Q1 2020 as Tesla will focus on EU shipments in Q1.

I will cancel my order if don't get by EOY. Also, I will cancel my Tesla Solar Subscription Order too which is in the middle of getting permit from County. Fortunately, I only lose $100 order fee for M3 and Tesla Solar lose more money than me. After the cancellations, I will not buy any Tesla products ever.

Since my order on 11/11, I have been so disappointed with Tesla's way of doing business. If Tesla has been doing their best to deliver custom M3s on time in order, I would understand them but Tesla has delivered late order first and try to sell lots of LRs in existing inventory leaving behind the same configuration custom orders. The worst thing they do is ruin my family's year end vacation 2019. I reasonably expected Tesla would let me know the EOY delivery date before 12/20. So far, Tesla is saying, "Your delivery will be given any day between 12/22 and 12/31, if you don't take it, you will lose it."

Even though Tesla has not promised anything, I don't take their way of doing business and I will do what I can do.

Last edited:

It sucks that we are seeing people who are NOT from California getting their cars before people who ordered months before them. The marketing logistic makes sense from Tesla's point of view, but it's unfair for those in California to not get their cars on time just because they are from California.