Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/16
Long Range AWD
White Exterior/White Interior
AutoPilot
Aero Wheels
Costa Mesa, CA Delivery Center
Tentative Delivery Appt.: Dec 27

Got a text Dec 22nd stating the vehicle should roll off assembly line on Dec 24th and get a VIN 1-2 days before. They requested us to set a delivery date which we set as Dec 27th.

Today is the 24th, but still no VIN, so I think we are going to get pushed out a bit. Need the MVPA and time to get docs to our bank.

Things seem to be moving forward, but getting a little anxious!!

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Ordered 10/16
Long Range AWD
AutoPilot
Aero Wheels

Got a text Dec 22nd stating the vehicle should roll off assembly line on Dec 24th and get a VIN 1-2 days before. They requested us to set a delivery date which we set as Dec 27th.

Today is the 24th, but still no VIN, so I think we are going to get pushed out a bit. Need the MVPA and time to get docs to our bank.

Same scenario, same order timeframe, except delivery set for 26th. Who knows...maybe it'll roll off the line and go straight out for delivery? Doesn't give me much time to get insurance, they need the VIN. And with the holidays what broker is going to be around to do that? Not taking the chance of driving this puppy without insurance, so it's just gonna sit for a while.

I got the delivery text on the 22nd and it said “We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/27. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RN110253594 Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory.”

My appointment was not on the 27th but the 29th instead and I don’t have any indication of a vin, I even tried the source code. I’m scared I won’t get the car on the 29th.

do you guys think they will send a text rescheduling to a later date?! What do I do if there is no vin and I show up on the 29th and there is no car?! I swear Tesla needs to give us an incentive Elon needs to stop being greedy and help out the people that are funding his company if he doesn’t pull through.

Ordered 10/16
Long Range AWD
AutoPilot
Aero Wheels

They told me the same thing and I have the same configuration as you but NOTHING. Ordered 10/31. They now have 3 cars in pre-production headed to costa mesa as inventory cars. I'm beyond livid at this point.

They told me the same thing and I have the same configuration as you but NOTHING. Ordered 10/31. They now have 3 cars in pre-production headed to costa mesa as inventory cars. I'm beyond livid at this point.

how do you know that there are cars in pre production headed to Costa Mesa?

I’m sorry about your situation it’s really frustrating. What’s worse is the stock keeps going up too while there are delivery disasters

Called Burlingame about our Blue/White M3P, ordered on 12/9. Advisor said that our assigned car arrived there today, and they have a two day window for pickup, then it’s reassigned to someone else and another identical car will be assigned to me for Monday pickup. The text I sent back to the delivery system was logged on the account, but the whole system is automated and they are just letting it run. He said that I will see some messages as it reassigns and the VIN will change, but was confident that it would be fine.

Same scenario, same order timeframe, except delivery set for 26th. Who knows...maybe it'll roll off the line and go straight out for delivery? Doesn't give me much time to get insurance, they need the VIN. And with the holidays what broker is going to be around to do that? Not taking the chance of driving this puppy without insurance, so it's just gonna sit for a while.
For California (and some other states), you don’t need the VIN to get insurance. You just use your current car insurance for a different car and are covered for a few days to give you time to set it up after you get the car.

As much as I like their cars, and as much as I applaud Tesla for their HUGE efforts towards making EV's much more main stream..... The customer experience from order to delivery is HORRIBLE.

Within the next few years, I believe we will see a lot of the "legacy" automakers offer EV's. When that happens, and Tesla faces real competition, I hope they start taking MUCH better care of their customers.

As much as I like their cars, and as much as I applaud Tesla for their HUGE efforts towards making EV's much more main stream..... The customer experience from order to delivery is HORRIBLE.

Within the next few years, I believe we will see a lot of the "legacy" automakers offer EV's. When that happens, and Tesla faces real competition, I hope they start taking MUCH better care of their customers.
Seriously. If this was any other carmaker people would be skewering them. They are getting a pass from now, but this wouldn’t be acceptable for a $100 dollar item much less a 50k car, and it it will bury the company. The general public is no where as forgiving as the people here even.

Reactions: Gabe-Tech
Update, Tesla just texted me saying the my Tesla will be coming out of the factory later than expected and they have rescheduled my delivery appointment from 26th to the following day 27th. Honestly, worst customer service experience for a $50+K purchase. I was clear with them 26th was my last possible day. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Beyond frustrated.

Hey guys. I just changed my configuration from White to Black interior today after I realized my SA never made the change a month ago. Now the date for purchase on the MVPA is showing up as 12/24.

Also the delivery estimate of 2-4 weeks has completely disappeared from my account page. Is this the case for you guys too?

Omg... why are these order dates and delivery dates all apparently random?! Lol. I haven't heard a peep since the text last week saying that I should get a text in the next several days for delivery schedule...

... ordered 11/16 red/white SR+ for Carlsbad pickup. Getting a bit worried seeing that people are scheduling their pickups all the way til Dec 30 now..... won't they simply run out of time slots in this case?

And someone here had mentioned before that Tesla said they were gonna fulfill only California orders for the last part of Dec, which is why we were getting ignored since October? Clearly not the case...

I will definitely cancel my order if they don't uphold their promise to get the car to me before end of year because this has been a disaster. If I do end up cancelling my order..... if anyone in SD wants to buy them, I bought official Tesla all weather floor mats for frunk, trunk, and seats, as well as the adapter for the charger in the garage, and wheel locks... and a car cover... lol.

Delivery today in Carlsbad, CA went as planned. The DC was a bit busy, and one employee mentioned they were a little short staffed. But the delivery bay was pretty full when I walked out to get my car. A variety of bows were available for the tops of cars and photo ops.

My SA was off today, but another person walked us through the process. He kept trying to keep me focused on the paperwork, but I was focused on the inspection of the vehicle. He was super attentive...until I started focusing on areas of closer inspection. One thing ended up in the due bill, some minor paint nicks. He moved the car over to the service side of the building and one of the areas was completely repaired and perfect after that. Otherwise, the car is perfect. I am really impressed with the red paint, the quality of production, and damn...this car is amazing.

I was in and out in an hour and a half, the first 40 minutes were waiting in the waiting area for a "host" to be assigned. From there, it was fairly smooth. Our person mentioned that many of the employees were working 12-14 hour days and the rest of the month was expected to be like that. The place would close a bit earlier than midnight tonight though.

It was Christmas eve, people were in good spirits, and I was happy to see the DC emptying out by around 515pm. Most employees were headed out, and there was only one customer left when I left.

Red/Black LR AWD 19" and FSD
Ordered: Nov 10th
Submitted availability via text: Dec 15th
Text to schedule delivery: Dec 19th
Was out of town on a quick work trip Dec 22-23rd
Tesla called on Dec 21 and 22nd to try to schedule delivery on Dec 22nd, but it couldn't work with my flight schedule
Delivered: Dec 24th

Did I mention this car is amazing? I am absolutely amazed at how quickly this car can accelerate, both from a stop, and when at speed. Ive only had it for a few hours but its the coolest vehicle I have ever driven. A note though: plan to get the basics down before you get in the car and drive it for the first time. You will be drawn in to the tech, but you can learn all of that when you get home. Make sure you know how to turn on wipers, change gears, and navigate first.

I received the text that my car SHOULD leave the factory on 12/24. Sitting down to dinner with my family on 12/24 I get a call from Tesla at 4:00pm saying they don’t know if it will be delivered by my 12/26 @ 10:30 am Appt. (For the record the staff at the delivery center was PHENOMENAL-not there fault production is out of wack)

Moved my Appt o 12/26 to 2:00pm with the hopes it will be in SD in time. Email from service center at 5:00pm in 12/25said the car technically hadn’t left the factory yet. Hoping It will make my rescheduled Appt. The final payment has been made and I have an out of town family wedding this week/weekend that I’m heading out of town for immediately after my pick up Appt.

Last edited:
Ordered 10/16
Long Range AWD
AutoPilot
Aero Wheels
VIN:Dec 25, 2019

Finally got the VIN on Dec 25th! No MVPA yet, but sent an email to delivery center to get it. Delivery is tentatively set for tomorrow. Hopefully bank will turn around docs fast!

Reactions: Bluemoon3