Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/12 ordered.
Model 3 SR+ B&W interior, Pearl white exterior. 18" Aero wheel.
MVPA showed up in account : 12/27
VIN inside MVPA and matched source code. No VIN on main account page yet.
Buena Park DC.

No text for delivery yet. But called Buena Park DC asking for status after seeing MVPA and VIN. Guy said he checked and there is a VIN assigned to my account, so the car should be finished production. Wait several days to receive delivery appointment. That guy also said it's a good chance to get it by EOY.
Filed the 3rd party loan to BOA this afternoon and the fastest the loan will come to Tesla will be tomorrow morning. Finger crossed.

Apart from those of you who've had some unlucky experiences, I've been pleased with the process so far. No BS, just accurate information. Ordered 11/30. Received text 12/21 asking to schedule delivery. They said the car would be leaving the factory on 12/28, and that I should receive a VIN approximately 2 days before that. They were right on the money--I received VIN on 12/26. I'll be picking up 12/30 at the Carlsbad delivery center. The Tesla insurance quotes are ridiculously cheap as well... approximately 1/3 of Allstate quote and $60 less than Progressive and Geico for the same features. Also, includes in-network rental coverage. This is a no-brainer.

• Informative
Reactions: Atreyu and jmcmill
Just log in and got a VIN and was able to get Tesla insurance as well. Asked me to submit payment due via ACH. Looks like all is set for me to pick up on Saturday. That said never got a call from anyone at MDR.

Order Date: Dec. 1, 2019
Model Ordered: M3 LR+/AWD/Midnight Silver/Black interior/18" aero wheels
Tesla Account VIN: Yes
Tesla Account VIN date: Dec. 26, 2019
Source Code VIN?: Yes
Source Code VIN date: Dec. 26, 2019
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: Yes
Delivery date: Dec. 28, 2019 in Marina del Rey
Insurance thru Tesla: Yes... quote was within minutes. Better than other quotes I got from other companies.

Well this sucks. Today around 10am I got a text to confirm delivery tomorrow at 11am. Then later at 530pm I got a call that my car was out of factory and on its way and delivery had been reschedule to Monday Dec 30 at 11am. I called and asked if it can be adjusted to the 29th. They said they would call me tomorrow to let me know. I understand the amount of cars to deliver but communication is definitely an area of improvement. there has been ZERO for me and no clarifications on anything. Let's see if I truly get a car at all.