Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time, long time. Impatiently awaiting my first EV: M3 LR (black exterior/white interior, 18 inch aeros) ordered 07 August. SA told me today (29 Aug) that most people in the US who ordered prior to mid-August will be getting their VINs this upcoming week. Let's just see how accurate/inaccurate this info is...

Regardless, deliveries for these orders will start from mid-September, initiating the end quarter crush.

First time, long time. Impatiently awaiting my first EV: M3 LR (black exterior/white interior, 18 inch aeros) ordered 07 August. SA told me today (29 Aug) that most people in the US who ordered prior to mid-August will be getting their VINs this upcoming week. Let's just see how accurate/inaccurate this info is...

Regardless, deliveries for these orders will start from mid-September, initiating the end quarter crush.
I hope this is true!

Still waiting for VIN for my white SR+ Tesla with white seats ordered on 7/11 in Seattle.

Saw this truck full of Teslas (attached image) driving on i5 north today, past Seattle :(—most likely towards Vancouver.

Attachments

• F2D244CA-0F1C-4B43-AE4C-B5727417945A.jpeg
    F2D244CA-0F1C-4B43-AE4C-B5727417945A.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 80
Still waiting for VIN for my white SR+ Tesla with white seats ordered on 7/11 in Seattle.

Saw this truck full of Teslas (attached image) driving on i5 north today, past Seattle :(—most likely towards Vancouver.

One of those might be mine... (jk) Ordered July 4th MSM, white int, SR+ in Vancouver. SA called me and I have delivery scheduled for tomorrow (if no delays) :)

Reactions: tche93

That sucks! I really think the whole "first come first serve" that SA's say when ordering is complete BS. If you check the track sheet, you see states nearby getting cars earlier even though you ordered first.

I really am not sure how this all works? I got a very surprising text today saying my M3 SR+ Blue metallic with white seats and 19's is on its way to Renton dealership and to schedule delivery by tonight? I still have no VIN and no MVPA? I was able to schedule for this Tuesday and I am stoked, but kinda strange how it all happened! Never even knew my car configuration was being built and then all of a sudden its on the truck...anyone else have that happen? Most I see get a VIN first and then delivery or get info from there SA? My SA has been good, just didn't know much behind the scenes. EXCITED!

Ordered on May 15th
Held until July 10th because I still needed my current car until July
Released to be produced on July 11th
Text on Aug 10th 3-6 weeks delivery
Text last Tuesday 1-3 weeks delivery
This morning--text car on the way to dealership
UPDATE--I now have a VIN once I confirmed delivery date

Reactions: ncastex
Flyboychriss1 I would be curious to know if this was a possible delivery someone else couldn't pick up or possible declined car for some reason since the unexpected text and overall quick turn around. Hope all goes well with the delivery. I hope to be picking up my car in the coming weeks at Renton as well.

I really am not sure how this all works? I got a very surprising text today saying my M3 SR+ Blue metallic with white seats and 19's is on its way to Renton dealership and to schedule delivery by tonight? I still have no VIN and no MVPA? I was able to schedule for this Tuesday and I am stoked, but kinda strange how it all happened! Never even knew my car configuration was being built and then all of a sudden its on the truck...anyone else have that happen? Most I see get a VIN first and then delivery or get info from there SA? My SA has been good, just didn't know much behind the scenes. EXCITED!

Ordered on May 15th
Held until July 10th because I still needed my current car until July
Released to be produced on July 11th
Text on Aug 10th 3-6 weeks delivery
Text last Tuesday 1-3 weeks delivery
This morning--text car on the way to dealership
UPDATE--I now have a VIN once I confirmed delivery date
My SA told me today that the MVPA is only for those people who opt for 3-party financing. If you're financing through Tesla or paying cash, you don't need it.

Is the following how you got your car delivered if you got it at a Tesla site?

Earlier today, I spoke with someone at the Tesla facility in Cincinnati, where I'll be picking up the car. Because of Covid19, they have instituted a touches delivery system. I didn't write down what she told me, so the following is from memory.

The car will be unlocked and parked in their front lot with my name on the dashboard. After I inspect the car, I'll fill out papers for license and registration and place them in a drop box near their front door. I assume that I will also need to put copies of my drivers license and insurance as well as my check for the deposit and tax and registration with those papers as well.

Then I log onto my account page on the Tesla web site, and click the "Accept Delivery" button. That will activate the "key" in the Tesla app on my phone, which will let me lock and unlock the car and allow me to drive it. I expect that it will also enable the car to read the RFID cards that should be in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: artdawg and iSpine
If you go on the Tesla website, it now states 2-4 weeks is the ETA if you place your order
today. When I ordered mine it stated 3-7. My order date here in SoCal was August 11th. The last message I got was nearly 2 weeks ago saying I’m 3-6 weeks out...

So, that 2-4 weeks is complete hogwash. Tesla just throws out numbers there and hopes one sticks. At best, mine will be at the tail-end of the supposed ETA.

We wait...

If you go on the Tesla website, it now states 2-4 weeks is the ETA if you place your order
today. When I ordered mine it stated 3-7. My order date here in SoCal was August 11th. The last message I got was nearly 2 weeks ago saying I’m 3-6 weeks out...

So, that 2-4 weeks is complete hogwash. Tesla just throws out numbers there and hopes one sticks. At best, mine will be at the tail-end of the supposed ETA.

We wait...

Also in S Cal, ordered 3P on 8/5, received the 1 to 3 week text last week. I expect a VIN this week and hopefully delivery the week of 9/7. Time frame was 4 to 8 weeks back on 8/5.

Learning is the Financial Quarter dictates what gets delivered first and when.

Ed