Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was back on Feb 26, 2022 and I have of course been checking in on my order status and this spreadsheet almost daily. I've noticed what seems to be the largest slowdown in VIN assignment in a while.
1650408856850.png

Anyone have any thoughts on this (besides "where is my car!?")? It seemed like Tesla was really cranking them out in Feb and then dropped off. Maybe it is just random chance that the people getting their VINs recently don't use this spreadsheet, or maybe the supply shortages are starting to hit hard. If there is a better thread for this topic, please feel free to direct me there.

My OD was back on Feb 26, 2022 and I have of course been checking in on my order status and this spreadsheet almost daily. I've noticed what seems to be the largest slowdown in VIN assignment in a while. View attachment 795526

Anyone have any thoughts on this (besides "where is my car!?")? It seemed like Tesla was really cranking them out in Feb and then dropped off. Maybe it is just random chance that the people getting their VINs recently don't use this spreadsheet, or maybe the supply shortages are starting to hit hard. If there is a better thread for this topic, please feel free to direct me there.
I ordered my model 3 April 3rd from Tucson Az. The date range has moved significantly since then. It’s started out aug-sept now it’s oct-nov. I thought that info might be important for people to know. Also, paying cash…

Update: Received VIN on 4/26 with a DD range of 5/10-5/14. On 5/10 I reached out to Tesla Nashville via email asking them if I was still good for this range and got nothing but crickets. On 5/11 I sent another email basically saying, "second request and as a professional courtesy it would be nice to hear back from someone". Still no email back from Tesla and on 5/12 I looked in the app and my date range changed to 5/27-5/31. SMH.....

FWIW, I placed the order for my M3P on 2/25.

Update: Received VIN on 4/26 with a DD range of 5/10-5/14. On 5/10 I reached out to Tesla Nashville via email asking them if I was still good for this range and got nothing but crickets. On 5/11 I sent another email basically saying, "second request and as a professional courtesy it would be nice to hear back from someone". Still no email back from Tesla and on 5/12 I looked in the app and my date range changed to 5/27-5/31. SMH.....

FWIW, I placed the order for my M3P on 2/25.
Not giving me good feelings about mine. I got my VIN on 5/1. Current ED 5/15-5/19 and I haven't heard a thing.

I recently put together some scatter plots based on the latest spreadsheet data. These are only for Model 3 Long Range orders in the United States. They cover (1) elapsed time between ordering and receiving a VIN, (2) elapsed time between receiving a VIN and receiving a vehicle, and (3) elapsed time between ordering and receiving a vehicle. These were previously posted in the "Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room" thread.

(1)
order-to-vin-png.812179

(2)
vin-to-delivery-png.812267

(3)
order-to-delivery-png.812180

Reactions: cfl246tho