Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P without Performance Package, only for $68700

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, agree on torque/power difference now..

It boils down now to if I need that power/torque or not.. (between called sale rep just to check, it is not possible to do this with custom orders. We need to go by available inventory and make changes there - so not necessarily we get all the custom config we want)

I am skeptical about resale value though, as Tesla, at least every quarter, changing/reducing prices and adjusting options. Example, LR AWD is now available for the price of the LR RWD (currently not available to order)
I understand your concern about resale but remember you're comparing the two model 3s...the one you ordered and the one we're talking about here.

If you think the gap between the price of the regular one vs. the performance model will shrink even further, you're right it will likely result in greater depreciation. I don't see that happening from $2700 though.

Anyway, imagine selling two identical cars...one that is WAY faster than the other one. One that has the performance moniker, one that doesn't. The price difference is $0 (in your example the $2700 gap depreciated to $0). Whcih car will sell quicker?

Easy decision. You'll gain a significant amount of entertainment from your car. I went from a non performance tesla to a performance tesla and it's quite a difference in fun factor every day.

Has anyone received a VIN or taken delivery of one of these in Canada yet?

I have a scheduled delivery for August 5 but no VIN. Cutting it close, I wonder if it will have to get delayed. I'm picking up in Oakville.

Im in the same boat as you, pick up in Oakville August 5th, no VIN. From what i've read on here, you shouldnt expect a VIN until only a few days before delivery..

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
To me, track mode is more interesting than the extra performance over my AWD. You can add me to the list of people that would pay ~$3000 to unlock my AWD to P- assuming it really has track mode. I haven't checked recently, but at one point it seemed track mode only came with the big brakes.
I think you are correct. One of the lucky folks picking up a P- in the next week or so should be able to confirm this though....and I'm in the same boat as you thinking that the 'upgrade' value is split between track mode and the faster acceleration. Though, personally I would be using the acceleration more often than track mode.

I think you are correct. One of the lucky folks picking up a P- in the next week or so should be able to confirm this though....and I'm in the same boat as you thinking that the 'upgrade' value is split between track mode and the faster acceleration. Though, personally I would be using the acceleration more often than track mode.

The Lawrence location has one of these in the showroom. It does not have track mode. I asked a salesperson who said track mode is about handling, not acceleration, and requires the features that have been stripped out of the P-lite models.

The Lawrence location has one of these in the showroom. It does not have track mode. I asked a salesperson who said track mode is about handling, not acceleration, and requires the features that have been stripped out of the P-lite models.

The owners manual specifically states track mode is only for PUP-equipped models. Not understanding why people are surprised about it?