Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Pedal Upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
Let's face it, the rubber pedals Tesla ships the 3 and non performance S/X with are just sad... I had these little covers on my S that just slipped over the pedals, do you think they will fit on the 3 as well? I can't find any specifically made for the 3 and I'm unsure as to whether the pedals are the same dimensions. Here's a similar product to what I had on my S: https://www.amazon.com/Non-Slip-Performance-Accelerator-Aluminum-MECHCOS/dp/B079CZSS7V

I got mine on ebay and it said it was for the S and X but fit perfectly.

Attachments

• new pedals.jpg
    new pedals.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 873
Let's face it, the rubber pedals Tesla ships the 3 and non performance S/X with are just sad... I had these little covers on my S that just slipped over the pedals, do you think they will fit on the 3 as well? I can't find any specifically made for the 3 and I'm unsure as to whether the pedals are the same dimensions. Here's a similar product to what I had on my S: https://www.amazon.com/Non-Slip-Performance-Accelerator-Aluminum-MECHCOS/dp/B079CZSS7V

Did you end up buying these? I just ordered that same set in anticipation of my Model 3.

Did you end up buying these? I just ordered that same set in anticipation of my Model 3.
Yes, the Model S/X pedals fit. I have them on my 3--got them from Cozero.co. Very easy installation (took 2 min)

For the dead pedal, I think the ones for the X and S are different. My guess is that it will closer to what a Model S cover looks like. The good thing is that, unlike a X and later version S, the 3 actually has a plastic dead pedal already (vs the X/S have only a carpet), so any adhesive should stick better. I am waiting to see RPM's version comes out before I purchase.

Yes, the Model S/X pedals fit. I have them on my 3--got them from Cozero.co. Very easy installation (took 2 min)

For the dead pedal, I think the ones for the X and S are different. My guess is that it will closer to what a Model S cover looks like. The good thing is that, unlike a X and later version S, the 3 actually has a plastic dead pedal already (vs the X/S have only a carpet), so any adhesive should stick better. I am waiting to see RPM's version comes out before I purchase.

Yeah I watched a couple videos and read some sources showing that the S & X pedals fit easily. I am also waiting on the RPM dead pedal to complete the look.

I'll be getting all of these accessories before I even get the car. The wait for a VIN is eternal.

Yeah I watched a couple videos and read some sources showing that the S & X pedals fit easily. I am also waiting on the RPM dead pedal to complete the look.

I'll be getting all of these accessories before I even get the car. The wait for a VIN is eternal.

I was thinking about getting the dead pedal for both my MX and M3, but realized that on MX, the Tesla all weather floor mat covers it. Then I looked at the 3D Kagu floor mats that are due to come out next month and they do indeed cover it as well. So I will likely forego the dead pedal. I did however get the regular pedals and they do look good.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I put a set from eBay that were for the S sand x but took them off because the brake pedal was wider than the backplate on the model 3. If you panic break I'm afraid the pedal might rip off. Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• IMG_20180417_191802__01.jpg
    IMG_20180417_191802__01.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 262
I put a set from eBay that were for the S sand x but took them off because the brake pedal was wider than the backplate on the model 3. If you panic break I'm afraid the pedal might rip off. Anyone else notice this?
Sounds about right.

The Cozero set I purchased from another owner. He had put it on his X and warned how difficult it was to get it on without exerting some force in stretching out the rubber and utilizing some grease. When I tried to put the same pedals on 3, it was a perfect fit--a little tug here and there, but otherwise perfect fit. So based on the above, I would believe that the backplate on the 3 is slightly smaller than the S/X.

Excellent observatoin. I think I'll wait until the model 3-specific parts come out. With around 500K of these things to be produced (with no official marketing!) the aftermarket market ought to get crowed quickly....

I was thinking about getting the dead pedal for both my MX and M3, but realized that on MX, the Tesla all weather floor mat covers it. Then I looked at the 3D Kagu floor mats that are due to come out next month and they do indeed cover it as well. So I will likely forego the dead pedal. I did however get the regular pedals and they do look good.

This is exactly my thought process, too! Glad I didn't order the dead pedal.