Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried the configuration change yesterday too after posting above and it didn't work for me either.

You wonder why FSD is being treated in the press as a disaster waiting to happen? This is why. A simple software change broke something and it is already known that Musk has gutted his staff and can't get a quick fix out.

The wheel swap trick did the fix for me, but where's what I found out:

Changing the wheel configuration (from current to anything else), wait for the black screen with Tesla logo to show up, then immediately changing back the wheel configuration to the correct one (without driving), wait for the black screen with Tesla logo to show up, ***DID NOT*** fix the problem.

I had to drive the car in between for the fix to work, so it goes like this:
1. Change the wheel configuration (in my case from 18" to 20", or I'm guessing any other will do)
2. Wait for black screen with Telsa logo, then normal screen is back
3. Drive the car a bit, in my case probably around 200 - 300 meters
4. Change the wheel configuration back to the correct one
5. Wait for black screen with Tesla logo, then normal screen is back
6. DONE, it's Day 3 of the fix now and all still good

2022 Tesla Model 3 RWD, Australia.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
The wheel swap trick did the fix for me, but where's what I found out:

Changing the wheel configuration (from current to anything else), wait for the black screen with Tesla logo to show up, then immediately changing back the wheel configuration to the correct one (without driving), wait for the black screen with Tesla logo to show up, ***DID NOT*** fix the problem.

I had to drive the car in between for the fix to work, so it goes like this:
1. Change the wheel configuration (in my case from 18" to 20", or I'm guessing any other will do)
2. Wait for black screen with Telsa logo, then normal screen is back
3. Drive the car a bit, in my case probably around 200 - 300 meters
4. Change the wheel configuration back to the correct one
5. Wait for black screen with Tesla logo, then normal screen is back
6. DONE, it's Day 3 of the fix now and all still good

2022 Tesla Model 3 RWD, Australia.
Just tried it. It worked! Let's see how well it holds up over time.

I just drove from FL. To MN. And the energy app. Was useless as you can see by the pic. I used the info from the tray at the bottom of the screen, It was accurate.
7DFD7FE4-9784-47D1-A78E-E80ED67A0253.jpeg
9338A6CA-D14D-43DD-8C46-07C0F78FD115.jpeg

Why is it taking so long for them to fix this? Oh, wait. We know why. Musk fired all the Twitter staff and has to borrow the Tesla staff to maintain Twitter. The blue check mark is more important than the Teslas, which we've alread paid for. They're also too busy picking up the pieces from the rocket. While he figuratively burned up money with the Twitter deal, he literally burned up money with the rocket.

I installed 2023.12.1.1. today and it isn't clear to me that it is fixed. It's just hard to tell when you spend more time standing still in Brooklyn traffic than actually moving. I'll have to go for a spin tomorrow on mostly moving roads early enough to miss the evening rush.

I took a long spin today and I can see now it works. What surprised me though was this:

E9821524-D6F2-4AA7-82C6-BE5E89E2B300_1_105_c.jpeg

My average usage was 141wh/mi over a 5 mile stretch and it was 160 over 15 miles. The driving was on level road on the streets and then on the highway, no wind, temp was 60 according to the screen. It was a leisurely pace to be sure, but I've never seen it that low, even on the same drive. You can see by my speed and the traffic that it had slowed down at that point enough to take the screen pic.

If I could get that kind of range on a real road trip I could push 300 miles with my SR+!

I just got 2023.7.10 and my Energy App is hosed.

I was able to switch wheels, no driving, and it fixed it for 1 day.

Now it's back to crazy town. Even when selecting the 18 Aero V2s instead of my 18 Aero OGs.

I was in the parking lot putzing around and hit 2000+ Wh/mi in the little trip thing, at least that finally settled down after some driving.

The Energy App is still out to lunch. Sounds like it is fixed for some, but since I just got a SW drop probably means I won't have a new one for some time. Sucks!

What I posted above with the extremely low Wh/mi still makes me think it isn't entirely fixed. When I took it on a longer drive it just seemed to be too low all the time. If it is correct I should get close to 300 miles range in my SR+ and that just isn't happening.

I keep looking at it but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.