Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Battery Degradation One Month (Story)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the sudden drop that get to folks - it was to me. And surely some of those drops are actually battery issues...I lost 15 miles (down to 290) essentially overnight, a few weeks after getting the car....the quick "charge to 100% and then let it go down really low a few times" thing had no effect...but by avoiding the dreaded 60-80% charge level, perhaps aided by getting a few firmware upgrades (probable algorithm changes), I'm back up to 304 on an extended range dual motor..

I heard that the drop in range from like 310 to 300 is a software thing that happened in the most recent update and it has affected most people. Whether its a SW bug OR a more accurate representation remains to be determined.

I also dropped from 307/308 to 300 all of a sudden. This is with 80% supercharging.

upload_2019-4-19_18-19-25.png

What would be the proper 'corrective' procedure to bring things back to normal? How long does this usually take?

Charging to 90% daily will normally fix it in a short period of time. In some cases on the Model 3 charging to 70% daily for a while caused it to get so far out that Tesla had to perform a "reset" on the battery to get it estimating range properly again. They may have updated the BMS since then so that it doesn't happen, or it recovers more gracefully.

But the lesson is that Tesla designed, and tested, the system to normally be charged to 90%...

For folks who maybe wondering though, just make a quick appointment and have sc do a quick battery check. They can run to make sure your car don’t have any recall and make sure the battery is ok for peace of mind. That is what warranty is for.

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider
For folks who maybe wondering though, just make a quick appointment and have sc do a quick battery check. They can run to make sure your car don’t have any recall and make sure the battery is ok for peace of mind. That is what warranty is for.
I would recommend not doing this. The service department is already way over stressed. We don't need to bother them for a little peace of mind when their shouldn't be any worry in the first place. I would feel bad pushing back the appointment time for someone needing actual service.

Status
Not open for further replies.