Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance (Canada) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this was discussed somewhere already, but I can’t recall. :)
Will boxed 18” rims/wheels actually fit without shims of some sort (to clear the calipers) on this performance car?
I have an extra set of 18” rims with snow tires for winter, and it would be nice (and cheaper) to just fit those during winter if it works.
You will have to check the offset of the rims to see if those can accommodate the bigger calipers or not

Reactions: M109Rider
The US model 3 Performance seems to have 70% of orders with VIN’s now. Tons of deliveries.
This is a calculated guess based on the tracker sheet and mathing it out to the other unseen orders.
I think it takes about 3 weeks for our Chinese made (better built) cars to be shipped over to North America. Not that US cars aren’t built well.

Since they started production in Shanghai already, and assuming they are shipping to Canada along with everywhere else, I’m hopeful we start to see VIN’s here in about 3 weeks from now !

Has any deliveries outside the US completed a valid drafy for 0-60 as well as 1/4 mile.
The 2023 model 3 performance did 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. Quarter mile in 11.5
That was with an 82kWh Panasonic battery.

I’m starting to wonder if this 79 kWh LG pack is similar in performance. We know it’s 3.1 sec 0-60. No improvement from the 2023 model.
Wonder what the quarter mile is ?

Has any deliveries outside the US completed a valid drafy for 0-60 as well as 1/4 mile.
The 2023 model 3 performance did 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. Quarter mile in 11.5
That was with an 82kWh Panasonic battery.

I’m starting to wonder if this 79 kWh LG pack is similar in performance. We know it’s 3.1 sec 0-60. No improvement from the 2023 model.
Wonder what the quarter mile is ?
Err what? I thought I read somewhere that 0-60 was still the same just that top end was compromised is that not the case?

Also keep in mind that based on my parking lot math 100 kmh=62-ish mph…so I would think the Canadian 0-60 would be just under 3 seconds…I’m sure smarter people than me will refute. Lol
True enough, that is all correct. While I believe the car will hit the same 3.1/2.9 times, it seems the Panasonic versions will go below that time, while I’m kind of thinking the LG won’t. ..
Is what it is, still all good. But still makes me wonder why Tesla would just add a few more kWh’s in there. ?
I’ve griped at least twice about this now. I think I’m done. :)
Just waiting now.

Reactions: Technokrat
I suspect we will start seeing significant/meaningful movement in EDD’s and such in August at this point.
Still wondering how many folks in Canada have ordered the 2024 performance. ?
I know it’s not a big variant over here. I live in Ontario, and I really don’t see too many of them around from previous years.

Reactions: bolduser31
I suspect we will start seeing significant/meaningful movement in EDD’s and such in August at this point.
Still wondering how many folks in Canada have ordered the 2024 performance. ?
I know it’s not a big variant over here. I live in Ontario, and I really don’t see too many of them around from previous years.
Good question, I'm in the GTA and don't see any highlands around, let alone ludicrous.

Reactions: M109Rider
Good question, I'm in the GTA and don't see any highlands around, let alone ludicrous.
Ya, I’ve seen a few highlands now, so I assume those are selling fairly well. But still not too many.

I have a feeling the performance is not a big selling item here. Next time I’m in the service Centre, I’ll ask them how many people they think are buying them. Might get a better sense that way.

I heard that also. The SA said it did, and I asked him twice to confirm. But I know it’s not listed on the app or agreement when you order, so sadly I’m pretty sure it isn’t.
When I ordered mine the SA said that Tesla was petitioning the federal government to include the M3P in the rebate and that “paperwork” had been submitted to that effect. Seems unlikely as they would have to bump up the max allowable price…

I think all of our EDDs are August or later, but just noticed the M3P order page still shows estimated delivery of July 🤔

1718620992977.png

I think all of our EDDs are August or later, but just noticed the M3P order page still shows estimated delivery of July 🤔

View attachment 1057153
That’s exactly what happened to the US orders.
Said June, then most got EDD’s into July - Aug etc.
We’re half way through June, and at least half have been delivered.
So there is hope that we will see July still. It is possible.
Once those ships from Shanghai start arriving, there will be thousands of cars hitting land.

Passed by the Vaughan, ON SC yesterday while running errands.

I asked when the M3P would be available for demo, and the SA said they are expecting them in August. With deliveries expected to begin mid-late August, as Chinese demand has increased and have been given priority supply.

SA said for me to expect delivery for the end of September. Taking with a grain of salt, but thought I’d share, since the info is more than what we had yesterday and aligns with EDDs.

Passed by the Vaughan, ON SC yesterday while running errands.

I asked when the M3P would be available for demo, and the SA said they are expecting them in August. With deliveries expected to begin mid-late August, as Chinese demand has increased and have been given priority supply.

SA said for me to expect delivery for the end of September. Taking with a grain of salt, but thought I’d share, since the info is more than what we had yesterday and aligns with EDDs.
Not the news I wanted to hear, but the SA’s have been all over the map so far, so still silently hoping for July. :)