Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following this thread and don't know the answer to this simple question...

When a VIN is assigned, does that mean the car is already built? Is on the line being built? Will be built soon? Or none of these (we don't know)?
Yes. A car is only assigned a VIN once it's built. The VIN is essentially a car's serial number for tracking purposes.

Reactions: ashegam
Out of curiosity, if you look at the tesla order page only the performance model says "range (est.)" while the other models say "Range (EPA Est)" assuming this means they haven't gotten EPA approval as the tesla employees stated, what would be the lowest range est you'd be willing to accept the car with? Say they changed it to 260 mile range, how many of you guys would decide you no longer want the car?

Out of curiosity, if you look at the tesla order page only the performance model says "range (est.)" while the other models say "Range (EPA Est)" assuming this means they haven't gotten EPA approval as the tesla employees stated, what would be the lowest range est you'd be willing to accept the car with? Say they changed it to 260 mile range, how many of you guys would decide you no longer want the car?
I get about 220 miles on a '23 MP3 now. It won't be that different. I am good with the current battery. I don't want more if it means more weight (which today it does). It's a perfect DD. I wouldn't get this car if I were going on many trips (or any really)

For me personally, 260 miles would be fine. This is a second car for us, and I'm having a Tesla level 2 charger installed at the house. My parents and in laws live ~100 miles away, so as long as I could get there and back on a single charge, I'd be OK.

Reactions: TehEno
currently have a standard M3 (2021) and the range isn’t a problem for a daily commuter, which i mostly use it for. i switched my order from the LR to Performance because i don’t take many road trips as it is or have long commutes but i can admit the range sucks for a roadtrip. i.e, from LA to Las Vegas. however, the m3p has a bit more range so i’m happy with the decision.

Reactions: TehEno
I think anything under 260 would be cutting it kidna close for me. My current Y perf was rated for 306 i believe and it gets around 290 now. Would feel decently bummed going even less range especially since I like to go from central FL to south florida a lot which can be around 300 miles.

I think anything under 260 would be cutting it kidna close for me. My current Y perf was rated for 306 i believe and it gets around 290 now. Would feel decently bummed going even less range especially since I like to go from central FL to south florida a lot which can be around 300 miles.
If you need anywhere near actual range of 250, then this may not be the best for you or you may want to swap tires or wheels/tires. Especially if those miles are at freeway speeds. I go about 80 on autopilot and barely get 225 miles with a '23 MP3. I doubt the new one is very different. Tesla implies it is the same (more power and better efficiency equals same range)

If you need anywhere near actual range of 250, then this may not be the best for you or you may want to swap tires or wheels/tires. Especially if those miles are at freeway speeds. I go about 80 on autopilot and barely get 225 miles with a '23 MP3. I doubt the new one is very different. Tesla implies it is the same (more power and better efficiency equals same range)
On top of swapping tires, they’d want to keep it in chill mode as well, and not use climate control or sentry mode lol

So to summarize today... we have one person on a Facebook page claiming to take delivery and posting a pic of a steering wheel and another guy who got a message saying to move his delivery date sooner. That was pretty uneventful. Still does not appear to be any clear evidence that the EPA/firmware delay is resolved. Dose this sound right? Anything I miss?

So to summarize today... we have one person on a Facebook page claiming to take delivery and posting a pic of a steering wheel and another guy who got a message saying to move his delivery date sooner. That was pretty uneventful. Still does not appear to be any clear evidence that the EPA/firmware delay is resolved. Dose this sound right? Anything I miss?
Someone posted their actual car and Vin waiting to take delivery on a Facebook group

Last edited:
I am hearing that WEDNESDAY is the first day for deliveries. This is dragging out!

Reactions: Sandee3
He just posted a video on the private Facebook..

Attachments

• IMG_2463.png
    IMG_2463.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 9