Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Group name if anyone wants to join

Attachments

• IMG_8628.png
    IMG_8628.png
    949.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: arkhos
Ordered on 4/23 and EDD is May 28th thru June. Been that way for two weeks now. I spoke to a rep in-person and she looked up my account. Given that ordering first doesn’t matter when Tesla prioritizes geography (understandably) for quickest ROI, she told me realistically it would be July probably. I personally can’t continue waiting (down to one car starting next week with a normal family) so unfortunately I pulled the plug and cancelled my order. Going to get a ‘23 model S in the next week. Good luck everyone! This car will be fantastic for you that get it and I hope is in your near future. Appreciate all the comments and knowledge throughout this thread

142 pages of posts and nobody has received their M3P yet! I’m exhausted just reading through all of these. What’s the holdup? We’ve seen truckloads of these cars on the freeways now. EPA approvals appear to be in place. Is it just a firmware update? Has anyone at Tesla confirmed what they are waiting for?
I just wish tesla was more clear about the delays, it would make it easier to wait.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
Ordered on 4/23 and EDD is May 28th thru June. Been that way for two weeks now. I spoke to a rep in-person and she looked up my account. Given that ordering first doesn’t matter when Tesla prioritizes geography (understandably) for quickest ROI, she told me realistically it would be July probably. I personally can’t continue waiting (down to one car starting next week with a normal family) so unfortunately I pulled the plug and cancelled my order. Going to get a ‘23 model S in the next week. Good luck everyone! This car will be fantastic for you that get it and I hope is in your near future. Appreciate all the comments and knowledge throughout this thread
You will like that car even more than the model 3 has more power more comfortable and handles better then the old model 3 performance it's an amazing car

Reactions: TN M3P 2024
Looks like the Miramar location still has the in new inventory white on white. Has anybody in the San Diego area with this color combo checked to see if this is legit? If this was my combo i would take the hour and a half drive down the 5 to check it out.
Screenshot_20240520-180722_Tesla.jpg

142 pages of posts and nobody has received their M3P yet! I’m exhausted just reading through all of these. What’s the holdup? We’ve seen truckloads of these cars on the freeways now. EPA approvals appear to be in place. Is it just a firmware update? Has anyone at Tesla confirmed what they are waiting for?

I just wish tesla was more clear about the delays, it would make it easier to wait.

You ordered a car that wasn't in production yet, or in a showroom anywhere and you're caught off guard that they didn't build and magically deploy thousands of cars immediately overnight?

What's even more entertaining is that we have know idea what this car runs in the 1/4 mile after all the press videos, the Tesla video, and test drives occurring in other parts of the world. It's the ultimate tease.

Reactions: StealthedLuda
You will like that car even more than the model 3 has more power more comfortable and handles better then the old model 3 performance it's an amazing car
Disagree. Have a 22 m3p (waiting on my 24 - have a VIN with EDD 5/29 - 6/5). I test drove the S Plaid and decided on the MP3. While the S is insanely fast - there’s nothing else I like better than the 3. Felt the S handled like a large car where the 3 was more nimble and responsive.

Can we get the actual video to watch?

Get him to post here, or at least share the vid here.

If that is a private group, its not really appropriate for anyone to grab the video and post it here beside the OP of that content themselves. You are better off trying to join the group over there to see it yourself, vs trying to get someone to post it here unless the OP over there wants to do that themselves (which we would then welcome).

Reactions: gregdobs and TehEno
Disagree. Have a 22 m3p (waiting on my 24 - have a VIN with EDD 5/29 - 6/5). I test drove the S Plaid and decided on the MP3. While the S is insanely fast - there’s nothing else I like better than the 3. Felt the S handled like a large car where the 3 was more nimble and responsive.

People forget that the S is the 5 series and the 3 is the 3 series. Yes, faster in a straight line, but you're still driving a huge car!