Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you actually get inside your EDD? Meaning if my date is 5/24 to 6/21, and tomorrow is 5/24, does that mean my window will definitely move tomorrow?
From my experience, let's say the start of your window is Today (May 22nd). It will stay at May 22nd until precisely 7am the next day. So if you check at 6:59am, it'll have yesterday's date. Then slip to whatever they chose to slip you to (likely just 1 day beyond). That 7am was California time, by the way. It was like clockwork a few days in a row for me, which is why I think it's pretty automated.

You have a 12152xxx rsn vs most others which are 12153 or higher. Maybe they are going in order then? (I hope so, I have a 12152 but my EDD hasn't moved from May 24 to June 21 for at least 4 weeks - UR/B, Massachusetts)
I have a 12153xxxx and I’ve had a vin for a while and still awaiting whatever delay this is to pickup. It’s been moved a few times and is currently Saturday

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
The EDD dates will change on you often, and swing wildly. They’re a yo-yo so just be sure to not get too emotionally attached to them. I think a bunch of us now have bipolar personality disorders trying to track the changes. Believe nothing until you get a VIN. And once you get a VIN, still don’t believe much.
True. True.

Newbie here. Just wanted to share for all those waiting. I ordered a Gray/White on 4/23 within the first 25 minutes. Got several EDD and VIN assigned on May 15th....Woo Hooo! After getting a text this morning that my vehicle was due to arrive at the end of the week and to set up a delivery appointment, I suddenly got an other text by the same SA to disregard, since they couldn't confirm my delivery anymore..WHAT?

I ended up getting a call this afternoon. The SA said the had to "unassign" my VIN....WHAT!!?? My vehicle had "serious" paint issues and they had to reassign me a VIN at a later point in time. I went from having a VIN and a delivery date text to having no VIN and no EDD in the matter of a couple of hours. Maybe my car was in paint when there was a fire? Pure speculation. Has anyone had a VIN unassigned to them?

....My vehicle had "serious" paint issues and they had to reassign me a VIN at a later point in time. I went from having a VIN and a delivery date text to having no VIN and no EDD in the matter of a couple of hours. Maybe my car was in paint when there was a fire? Pure speculation. Has anyone had a VIN unassigned to them?
Might have been a number of things, from some sort of paint-issue after it came off the line, to someone at the factory damaged it, etc.

These things are the -worst-, especially because they are out of our control. :(

Fingers crossed you get a replacement VIN pronto!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd