Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schroeder0202

2019 Stealth/White/Black/20 inch Tsportline
May 8, 2019
IL
Looks like they brought back the sleeper (P3D-) option stated 18 inch wheels avail on special request.
I called and confirmed you loose: 20 inch wheels/performance brakes/alum pedals/carbon spoiler/susp upgrade.
Confirmed you can subtract $5000.00 from build if choosing this option.

You can now get a brand new performance sleeper for $49,990 before any rebates.

Looks like they brought back the sleeper (P3D-) option stated 18 inch wheels avail on special request.
I called and confirmed you loose: 20 inch wheels/performance brakes/alum pedals/carbon spoiler/susp upgrade.
Confirmed you can subtract $5000.00 from build if choosing this option.

You can now get a brand new performance sleeper for $49,990 before any rebates.

Who did you talk to? All the sales reps in Rocklin said it was a wheel swap with no price adjustment. Not that I believed them.

Who did you talk to? All the sales reps in Rocklin said it was a wheel swap with no price adjustment. Not that I believed them.

I called my local sales center. Westmont IL.
It is not possible to just "wheel swap" as the 18 inch wheels dont work w the performance brake package, the rotors and calipers wont fit in the wheel. Its mandatory you remove this option so that guy clearly didnt know what he was talking about.

You mean the spoiler I have yet to receive on my P3D, that was ordered over a year ago, delivered over 9 months ago.

I recently set up an appointment like I’ve read about, and they wrote me back saying there are no spoilers to install yet.

It is amazing to me Tesla cannot seem to figure how to get the correct part made, or they just don’t have any priority to get this taken care of. Kind of disappointing considering the spoiler is listed on my Monroney sticker as an included option. I just want to get the car I paid for.

Reactions: calidreamz808
It is not possible to just "wheel swap" as the 18 inch wheels dont work w the performance brake package, the rotors and calipers wont fit in the wheel. Its mandatory you remove this option so that guy clearly didnt know what he was talking about.

If it really is just a wheel swap, which I doubt, maybe they have a different 18" wheel design in the works? There are some aftermarket 18" wheels that have a barrel profile that works with performance brakes in addition to the relief cut in the hub bore.

You mean the spoiler I have yet to receive on my P3D, that was ordered over a year ago, delivered over 9 months ago.

I recently set up an appointment like I’ve read about, and they wrote me back saying there are no spoilers to install yet.

It is amazing to me Tesla cannot seem to figure how to get the correct part made, or they just don’t have any priority to get this taken care of. Kind of disappointing considering the spoiler is listed on my Monroney sticker as an included option. I just want to get the car I paid for.
If it makes you feel any better I had my spoiler installed less than a month ago (Sept 18 delivery), and the passenger side is pulling up nearly a 1/4" in the past few days.

Reactions: dwalme

I’m aware you can’t just swap existing 18s, but apparently the majority of sales reps aren’t. Believe me, I’m all about selecting the swap with price reduction you described, there’s just no official confirmation available to me at least. So after learning you also drop the performance “upgrades”, did you choose the swap?

I’m aware you can’t just swap existing 18s, but apparently the majority of sales reps aren’t. Believe me, I’m all about selecting the swap with price reduction you described, there’s just no official confirmation available to me at least. So after learning you also drop the performance “upgrades”, did you choose the swap?
I am not in the market for a new car, just keeping the forum up to date for interested parties looking to buy.
I currently own a Mid range model 3 with some performance model upgrades. image1 (8).jpeg

@TORQU3

Thanks for the reply but it doesn’t. They’re delivering new P3Ds w the spoilers already installed if I’m not mistaken, why is it so hard to make a spoiler that fits cars that have been delivered?

I know it’s just a silly spoiler, but I picked the color of my car based on how the spoiler looks. I get software has to be tested, has bugs, etc. I’m not upset that advanced summon is way behind schedule. But a physical piece of the car hasn’t been delivered and according to what I’ve been told, there is no real solution in site.

@TORQU3

Thanks for the reply but it doesn’t. They’re delivering new P3Ds w the spoilers already installed if I’m not mistaken, why is it so hard to make a spoiler that fits cars that have been delivered?

I know it’s just a silly spoiler, but I picked the color of my car based on how the spoiler looks. I get software has to be tested, has bugs, etc. I’m not upset that advanced summon is way behind schedule. But a physical piece of the car hasn’t been delivered and according to what I’ve been told, there is no real solution in site.
Buy a aftermarket one, they look better than the factory one anyway. Then when you get your oem one sell it for $400.00///problem solved.

If choosing 18 inch wheels indeed lowers the price by $5k (not shown in the configuration yet) then it will be almost impossible to pass up on it for any LR AWD customer. 1.2 second improvement on 0-60 time for $2k would be money very well spent...