Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a FYI, he corrected his basic white tweet. It was his plan to make basic white the default color, but after running the cost/benefit analysis they found that adding another color would cost more due to extra costs due to manufacturing/service increases.
Elon Musk on Twitter

Yeah, shipping pearl white forced his hand so he had to explain. No such forcing function yet for the binning tweet. Point is the guy says all sorts of crazy isht that ends up not being accurate.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
The best possibility at this point is to treat Elon’s binning tweet the same as his tweet about basic white being the standard paint color, and the one about appreciating assets, and the one about... :rolleyes:

Let's dissect your statement:

1) Yes, when Musk's team told him adding a new body color would cost more, not less, he listened to them and corrected his announcement. This is good, I don't know anyone who likes plain white without clearcoat over the depth and shine of Pearl White with clearcoat. The relevant thing here is he corrected his tweet that was no longer true.

2) His tweet about cars that could drive autonomously being an appreciating asset. We don't have autonomy yet so I'm not sure why you are even listing this because we won't know until we know. You are acting like it's already been proven to be wrong. I have no doubt that when the cars become autonomous (assuming they do), they will be appreciating assets. I'm not sure why you listed this tweet because we won't know until the cars become autonomous.

I learned long ago to not doubt what Elon Musk says. He's human and like everyone else he can make a mistake but doubting him so far has been a losing proposition.

I have no doubt that when the cars become autonomous (assuming they do), they will be appreciating assets.

You and I disagree here. I don't doubt they'll eventually become autonomous, but as long as Tesla is building newer and better cars there is no way they'll ever be appreciating assets.

This is like saying my iPhone X will appreciate in value because we will add AI to it over time via software improvements.

You and I disagree here. I don't doubt they'll eventually become autonomous, but as long as Tesla is building newer and better cars there is no way they'll ever be appreciating assets.

This is like saying my iPhone X will appreciate in value because we will add AI to it over time via software improvements.
They will appreciate if Tesla doesn't build enough of them to satisfy demand at the current price. That would be the case if they were to get FSD working (which they won't, of course). For example the Toyota Prius was an appreciating asset in 2007-2008 because Toyota couldn't build enough of them to satisfy demand as gas prices increased.

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D

It would if the total world supply was 1M, and the total world new supply was 1M/yr, and of that only 200k were willing to use the for Robotaxi.

Would you sell your car for $100k if that meant not driving a Tesla?

It's OK to disagree, my wife's grandfather thought the Apollo moon landing was faked. He was sure no human ever set foot on the moon. I don't hold that against him. Doesn't mean he's right.

Are any of these confirmed after the 18'' option was taken down from the site?
I had one yesterday for a vehicle in inventory I could have taken delivery of last night. I have NOT had confirmation that it is still available from my sales adviser yet today. I've seen a couple of posts where people did take actual delivery yesterday.

My suspicion is the same as above that they are updating the site to allow online orders. I don't believe that you could see the 18" wheels before after selecting the P option, but you can now (even thought they are greyed out).

Are any of these confirmed after the 18'' option was taken down from the site?

I just confirmed with my sales adviser, it is still available for purchase and is in inventory. Model 3 performance, black, 18" aeros, $50,740. She also confirmed that it is without any of the Performance Upgrade Package.

She told me she sold 2 yesterday, including the one that was in inventory she quoted me yesterday afternoon.

I'm now waiting on my trade quote to see how underwater I'd be to trade my 8 week old LR AWD. I'm guessing I won't be able to make it work without taking a bath on it, but we'll see.

I just confirmed with my sales adviser, it is still available for purchase and is in inventory. Model 3 performance, black, 18" aeros, $50,740. She also confirmed that it is without any of the Performance Upgrade Package.

She told me she sold 2 yesterday, including the one that was in inventory she quoted me yesterday afternoon.

I'm now waiting on my trade quote to see how underwater I'd be to trade my 8 week old LR AWD. I'm guessing I won't be able to make it work without taking a bath on it, but we'll see.
So do you get Track Mode and 162mph top speed with that version?

Let me know.

My trade quote from Tesla
giphy.gif