Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance ----- New Options as of Today, range change??? Stealth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came across this just now. My Tesla rep is not sure what is going on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200131-123626.png
    Screenshot_20200131-123626.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
That looks exactly like my pricing and package with the performance selected without the performance upgrade box clicked. The strange part is estimated with incentives price is showing 2k less than mine is showing. The without incentives price is the exact same as mine however.

Well, low and behold my rep actually called me back!

They have confirmed the change, in addition, confirmed the pricing will be the same with or without the "Performance Styling" kit.

So you can now buy a Stealth Model 3 Performance at the regular Model 3 Performance price o_O.

Maybe not - you have to ask if it has Track Mode. If it does not then it is just a really fast AWD and not a real Stealth.

Reactions: WilliamG
I still don't understand why Tesla didn't just add the performance Accel upgrade option to the Long Range model with a price bump (~+$4k). Leaving the performance line as is with higher top speed, track mode, perf. brakes/wheels/spoiler, etc.

This would also mean offering incremental levels of acceleration boost app upgrades, first .5 sec ($2k) and a second .5 ($2k) for current LR owners to match the new offering.

I still don't understand why Tesla didn't just add the performance Accel upgrade option to the Long Range model with a price bump (~+$4k). Leaving the performance line as is with higher top speed, track mode, perf. brakes/wheels/spoiler, etc.

This would also mean offering incremental levels of acceleration boost app upgrades, first .5 sec ($2k) and a second .5 ($2k) for current LR owners to match the new offering.

I’ll start another argument and say one explanation is probably because of the lower powered rear motor (in the LR AWD only) not being capable of full P level power. Still waiting for a 990 tear down!

Last edited:
Well, low and behold my rep actually called me back!

They have confirmed the change, in addition, confirmed the pricing will be the same with or without the "Performance Styling" kit.

So you can now buy a Stealth Model 3 Performance at the regular Model 3 Performance price o_O.
It’s not just a styling change. The brakes are better on the performance, and the suspension is smoother on the performance package.

I’ll start another argument and say one explanation is probably because of the lower powered rear motor (in the LR AWD only) not being capable of full P level power. Still waiting for a 990 tear down!
Isn’t the only mechanical difference between a stealth model 3 and a long range dual motor model 3 the 800 amp inverter that feeds the motor in the performance rear drive unit? Vs if I recall a 500 amp inverter. Basically just able to dump power into the motor faster. Just curious. Ordered my stealth/sleeper in early December, was built a few days later, and delivered within 10 days of order to us in Florida. Just assumed they didn’t have as many performance orders as they planned so were doing the sleeper options to use excess parts and make a little money in doing so.