Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Pedals (Aftermarket Clone)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Taptes dead pedal on for about a month now...no issues at all.

well, good deal!

mine would separate and of course re-stick
once a foot was placed on it, then un stick
again, re-stick etc.

the OEM floor mats would also rest exactly
where the vertical inside of taptes ss cover,
and if the carpet shifted it would also un stick
the taptes cover, made me feel that if it came
loose it would end up possibly between the
brake or throttle?

glad yours stuck once and hasn't moved, if
that's what you mean by 'no issues at all?'

well, good deal!

mine would separate and of course re-stick
once a foot was placed on it, then un stick
again, re-stick etc.

the OEM floor mats would also rest exactly
where the vertical inside of taptes ss cover,
and if the carpet shifted it would also un stick
the taptes cover, made me feel that if it came
loose it would end up possibly between the
brake or throttle?

glad yours stuck once and hasn't moved, if
that's what you mean by 'no issues at all?'

Yes! It took less than 5 minutes to wipe the dead pedal down with IPA, aligned the performance cover, and stuck it on. I have not felt it move, creak, or anything in about a month now. Just sharing my experience as yours may be a one-off (damaged in shipping maybe?).

Yes! It took less than 5 minutes to wipe the dead pedal down with IPA, aligned the performance cover, and stuck it on. I have not felt it move, creak, or anything in about a month now. Just sharing my experience as yours may be a one-off (damaged in shipping maybe?).

thanks for the update, I too did the wipe, align, install,
but alas it kept releasing in multiple areas, making it a
'soft' dead pedal.

on a better note, i have been in contact with taptes, they
indicated that there have been problems with adherence
and are in process of improving adhesion via new or more
double sticky tape? they indicated they'd be sending a new
dead pedal cover once improvements have been made...

so great support from the other side of the globe!
thanks taptes, & tina @ taptes!

Did you get the OEM looking ones yet? I’m searching for them too. I just ordered these Toplight ones from Amazon, they come closest to it but I’m worried that in the reviews, some say it’s like the photos on the product and some say they’re not.

Check em out:
TOPlight Model 3 Pedals Set Non-Slip Performance Foot Pedal Pads Covers Anti-Slip Accelerator Foot Pedals Aluminum Car Replacement for Model 3 (Model 3 Brake & Accelerator Pedal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KJX4J3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sY4oDbF36JQZG

I would like to see if anyone has any luck on getting the Model 3 OEM performance pedal replica. I searched online and I can either find something like this:

View attachment 371496

or this:

View attachment 371498

These definitely are different from the OEM which looks like this:

View attachment 371500

If anyone knows where to get the exact replica of the OEM set, please let me know. Many thanks.

Did you get the OEM looking ones yet? I’m searching for them too. I just ordered these Toplight ones from Amazon, they come closest to it but I’m worried that in the reviews, some say it’s like the photos on the product and some say they’re not.

Check em out:
TOPlight Model 3 Pedals Set Non-Slip Performance Foot Pedal Pads Covers Anti-Slip Accelerator Foot Pedals Aluminum Car Replacement for Model 3 (Model 3 Brake & Accelerator Pedal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KJX4J3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sY4oDbF36JQZG
I cannot find one yet. Please let me know when you received yours =]

I cannot find one yet. Please let me know when you received yours =]

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KJX4J3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IV3pDb4E5SHY6

I got these and they’re very nice. Pretty close to factory M3 Performance. I have a M3 Performance model but without the $5k upgrade when it was an option. Tesla screwed us all by making it standard, devalued my car instantly. I’m sort of making up for it, slowly and inexpensively.

Attaching a photo of the ones I just installed, it’s the closest best.

Attachments

• 658B2B9E-F270-4BC6-9381-44E972FBF4D2.jpeg
    658B2B9E-F270-4BC6-9381-44E972FBF4D2.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 280

I got these and they’re very nice. Pretty close to factory M3 Performance. I have a M3 Performance model but without the $5k upgrade when it was an option. Tesla screwed us all by making it standard, devalued my car instantly. I’m sort of making up for it, slowly and inexpensively.

Nice! I am gonna order one now. Thanks!

I have that set too, they look great. Was a little bit of a pain to install until I made the water to heat them up and soften them up, then it was pretty easy.

E934EE52-4D8C-4DA0-9533-6B0900480728.jpeg

Last edited:

The stock 3P+ pedals are made of crap, to be honest. I had mine off, and... well, they're not exactly high quality.
57878636873__F1891887-944B-4985-9C1F-F5AA4BF16DFB.JPG
57878648207__4068C43A-42BA-403F-A308-869329A2D934.JPG

The stock 3P+ pedals are made of crap, to be honest. I had mine off, and... well, they're not exactly high quality.View attachment 435961View attachment 435962

Good to know, that really looks cheap. I’m really liking the toplight ones, it felt a bit cheap too and lightweight, let’s see how reliable it might be. It’s $20 only so it won’t hirt too bad to replace if it wears out in a couple of years.

Good to know, that really looks cheap. I’m really liking the toplight ones, it felt a bit cheap too and lightweight, let’s see how reliable it might be. It’s $20 only so it won’t hirt too bad to replace if it wears out in a couple of years.

Yeah, the 3P+ are compression fit, too, so I assume you need some special tool to get them back on. I had Tesla replace mine since it was dented on delivery, and uh... came off. I'm not sure how they put the new one back on.

I just got these ones (linked above) too. They're mediocre. Yes they match the OEM performance pedal design (don't understand why there are so many ones that don't). But I really don't think they're even metal. They seem plastic with a sparkly finish that is almost certainly going to look like crap in a week. Just from touching them with my fingers to install them they already started getting marked up. They were easy to install - the rubber is soft enough I didn't even need to heat them up.

I previously had the set linked below. $7.00! They don't match the OEM design exactly (but are closer than some). They are not amazing quality either, but at least are some type of metal. I'll probably ending putting those back on when the above ones inevitably look worn and crappy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K4D59KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why doesn't someone make a set out of decent metal that matches the OEM design. I'd pay for them.

I can vouch for this set as well. It has a nice grip and matte finish which is identical to OEM. Been searching for over a year for a seller to make a replica! Now the hunt is finally over. I made my purchase from Amazon late July timeframe so better grab a set now before the suppliers change. Check out my photo!

B8722C47-BC0D-4CA2-9331-FBB1E1C5FAE8.jpeg

Reactions: follow.johnny