Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real quick pics of Blox 20mm rear and no front spacer. 5mm on the way. I think it will actually look great with only the 5mm spacer as it doesn't look too bad right now. Lowered on MPP Sport coil overs.

Attachments

• IMG_6831.JPG
    IMG_6831.JPG
    841.7 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    617.6 KB · Views: 853
Reactions: bcpm3p and jmaddr
5mm spacers arrived today. Tossed them on and I think it looks pretty damn good. Obviously not completely flush, but it doesn’t look tucked at all.

I would highly recommend 20mm rear and 5mm front for P3D+ owners who don’t want to cut front lug studs or run a super aggressive 20mm front setup.

View attachment 528660

Super cool. Would you be able to share some photos of the car from further back?

D334E5D1-F147-4A36-88F9-2C70E0C8E9B6.jpeg
B98AF0C4-98AE-483E-99FA-4F1EEF584FC6.jpeg
398B6DA0-1133-48EC-981E-284090C8561D.jpeg
No, just the cheap aluminum ones from Amazon. They fit the hub perfectly though.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRIB441/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like they are currently unavailable though. I'm sure they will be available again or there are others available on eBay.

Super cool. Would you be able to share some photos of the car from further back?

Here you go! Front looks higher than rear because of uneven driveway, but you can see how much they poke.

Last edited:

Anyone buying these, inspect those spacers CLOSELY, they sent me multiple pairs that were milled so badly the unevenness caused the aluminum to crack when torqued down.

They appear to have been thicker hub centric spacers that have had the center hub section / thickness milled down and not very precisely.

• Informative
Reactions: TypeRx
No, just the cheap aluminum ones from Amazon. They fit the hub perfectly though.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRIB441/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like they are currently unavailable though. I'm sure they will be available again or there are others available on eBay.

Here you go! Front looks higher than rear because of uneven driveway, but you can see how much they poke.

Thanks for the link! Glad I wasn't the only one who experienced this!

I've been talking to BloxSports for over a week now. At first they claimed it was my fault and I didn't know what I was doing.

Now they agreed that if I sent in the 15mm spacers, plus an addition $59, they send me a set of 20mm.

• Helpful
Reactions: bcpm3p
Anyone buying these, inspect those spacers CLOSELY, they sent me multiple pairs that were milled so badly the unevenness caused the aluminum to crack when torqued down.

They appear to have been thicker hub centric spacers that have had the center hub section / thickness milled down and not very precisely.

Good info. Mine were perfectly even. No problems torquing them down and no vibration at highway speeds.

I've been talking to BloxSports for over a week now. At first they claimed it was my fault and I didn't know what I was doing.

Now they agreed that if I sent in the 15mm spacers, plus an addition $59, they send me a set of 20mm.

That seems like a crap deal, lol. I would just sell the 15s and buy 20s.

I just got a 2019 demo and have BLOX 15/20mm sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. I am swapping my wheels today to a set of powdercoated 20" ones and will put the spacers on after the "new" wheels are on board. I assume I won't end up with refinished 2020 wheels but I guess I won't know for sure until I try and bolt everything up :)

Put the spacers on earlier today and...of course...the fronts don't fully clear with 15 mm BLOX spacers. Like mentioned by others, the issue it that the OEM lugs hit against the inside of the 20" performance wheels. I actually fully installed everything and then went for a drive up my street...immediately stopped and turned around when I heard light clanking! :D

Anyways, the 15mm spacer on the fronts was a bit too much anyways. 20mm on the rear is perfect...my guess is 5-10mm on the front is all you want. 15mm definitely poked! I am currently running no spacers on the front and it actually still looks good with just the 20mm on the rear. I might just leave things as is.....

Anyone want to buy a set of 15mm used BLOX spacers? They have probably 800ft of use on them :)

That's lame but since they are far across the pond I can understand it being very costly to process returns. I just hope they now know that their 15mm spacers will not work with the 2020 Performance wheels. I wonder why they work fine for the silver 20" wheels (arent both 20x8.5 +35mm)? I have a 2019 so we know it isn't that Tesla increased the stud length on the 2020s. There must be a difference in the wheel casting or something.

View attachment 528681 View attachment 528682 View attachment 528683 No, just the cheap aluminum ones from Amazon. They fit the hub perfectly though.

I bought a set of these just now but am wondering because I think the center bore on these spacers are 70.5mm but stock is 70.1mm, right? Did your's fit nice and snug on the hub?

Oh well, free returns if not and even if I keep them they were only $10 LOL.

I bought a set of these just now but am wondering because I think the center bore on these spacers are 70.5mm but stock is 70.1mm, right? Did your's fit nice and snug on the hub?

Oh well, free returns if not and even if I keep them they were only $10 LOL.

They fit nice and snug on the slight larger diameter inner stepped portion of the hub on the P3D+. 10mm would probably be absolutely perfect for the front, but I still think 5mm looks great even with 20mm in the rear.

is anyone running spacers on their Performance that aren't running the stock 20s?

I have a set of tsportline 18'' on my P, but was told by them that you cannot run spacers on their wheels (not sure if it's for fit or for durability/reliability). The offset on the wheels is exactly like the Performance 20'' (+35et).

Also, the magic number on here seems to be 5mm and 20mm for front/backs?

thanks in advance

20mm don’t poke on the rear with the stock 20” wheels/tires but not 100% sure how close a fit it will be with your rear setup. I don’t think 15mm is viable though because of the issue the performance wheels have with <20mm spacers that have integrated lugs. For the front 5mm should be good...

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
Yea, 15mm is a no-go on performance models with the performance upgrade package. I'm sure the 255 tires will poke a little more than my setup with 235 tires in the rear does. Mine are very flush as you can see in the pics so just imagine the tire bulging a little more.

Reactions: TypeRx
Great to hear there has been progress on this and really appreciate the detail. I think I will just grind the original lugs if it’s only 0.5mm too long. But must admit that the 5mm spacer looks fine. My only concern with fitting the 5mm spacer is whether there is enough lug for the nut to completely attach to securely? Sounds like this is ok @vogz ?