Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you mis-typing 245/55 and 255/55 with 245/35 and 255/35?

Either of those 35 series will work. However 55 series will not work.

If you're looking for 5mm spacers for Model 3 Performance, you can run these:

Danny

Absolutely, corrected :) Clearly, I wouldn't be running a truck tire :D (our new 4xe actually runs a 275/55-20, and I've been talking about going to a 60 series, I think I had 55 on-the-brain ...).

OK, cool, so while those are sort of intended for aftermarket wheels, they're just a 5mm spacer that can be used with OEM.

• Funny
Reactions: MODEL+
Absolutely, corrected :) Clearly, I wouldn't be running a truck tire :D (our new 4xe actually runs a 275/55-20, and I've been talking about going to a 60 series, I think I had 55 on-the-brain ...).

OK, cool, so while those are sort of intended for aftermarket wheels, they're just a 5mm spacer that can be used with OEM.
I almost suggested you a lift kit ☺️.

Yes, those spacers will work with OEM or aftermarket wheels. It's no different than non-performance Model 3 running OEM or aftermarket wheels, with or without the notch cut out.

Danny

• Funny
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
@MODEL+

Since you're totally in the know with this, is the concern about the difference in the stock vs. a 255/35 a legit issue? Has it (traction control, stability control flaking out) actually happened to folks? Does the configuration for the Tesla performance wheels pretty much negate this issue?
You should be fine as long as you keep it under ~2% OD difference on all four corners.

I did recently have a client who purchased staggered wheels from me and she ordered the wrong size tires for the rear (265/35 instead of 265/30).
I received a panic call saying that her traction control light came on and the car was "jerking" all over the place. The car's stability system was probably thinking the car is doing a constant rear wheel burnout when she's just cruising down the road 😅.

Danny

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
You should be fine as long as you keep it under ~2% OD difference on all four corners.

OK, so the OD difference in a 235/35 (OEM) vs. a 255/60 ... kidding :D a 255/35 is ~2.04%

However, a 245/35 vs. a 255/35 is ~1.02%, but that assumes you can config the car to a 245 spec (i.e., the Tesla performance wheels), and that's like a regular user option, not some dealer type config[?]

Thanks for answering all the questions too!

Information about H&R spacers with OEM 20" Überturine wheels on Tesla Model 3 Performance 2021

After reading this thread I ordered these H&R spacers for my 2021 TM3P:

Front: B2865642MZ5 - 14mm DRS-MZ system
Rear: B4065642 - 20mm DRM system

The spacers fit well on the car.
But the diameter of the hub lip on the spacers are 1mm to wide to fit into the center hole of the OEM 20" Überturine wheels 🙁

Anyone who has had succes with using these H&R spacers on a 2021 TM3P with 20" OEM Überturbines?

Attachments

• 2021-06-19 08.41.21.jpg
    2021-06-19 08.41.21.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 2021-06-19 08.37.41.jpg
    2021-06-19 08.37.41.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 2021-06-19 08.38.49-1.jpg
    2021-06-19 08.38.49-1.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 162
Information about H&R spacers with OEM 20" Überturine wheels on Tesla Model 3 Performance 2021

But the diameter of the hub lip on the spacers are 1mm to wide to fit into the center hole of the OEM 20" Überturine wheels 🙁

Anyone who has had succes with using these H&R spacers on a 2021 TM3P with 20" OEM Überturbines?
That is certainly strange. I haven't tested it in an OEM uberturbine but we have done the prior 20" aeros. Both wheels should have the same centerbore. There must be an explanation for this. Can you measure the OD on the "hub lip" with a caliper gauge?

That is certainly strange. I haven't tested it in an OEM uberturbine but we have done the prior 20" aeros. Both wheels should have the same centerbore. There must be an explanation for this. Can you measure the OD on the "hub lip" with a caliper gauge?

I was very surprised, when the wheel wouldn't come on the spacer!
As you see on the first photo, the wheel fits well on the first 3-4mm of the spacer lip (look at the painting), but the last 8-10mm will not fit in the center hole on the OEM 20" Überturbines. I tried to push hard. And I tried the other spacer, and the other rear wheel. Same issue.
As you might see on the second photo, the center bore gets more narrow further in. I measured the center bore to be just 64mm further in, and the H&R spacer lip is slightly wider.

I wonder if it's the wrong spacer I have ordered, or the Überturbine has been changed...

I plan to order these and see if they will fit on the rear with my 20" OEM Überturbines:

Attachments

• hr-dont-fit-closeup.JPG
    hr-dont-fit-closeup.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 182
  • uber-rim3.JPG
    uber-rim3.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 200
I was very surprised, when the wheel wouldn't come on the spacer!
As you see on the first photo, the wheel fits well on the first 3-4mm of the spacer lip (look at the painting), but the last 8-10mm will not fit in the center hole on the OEM 20" Überturbines. I tried to push hard. And I tried the other spacer, and the other rear wheel. Same issue.
As you might see on the second photo, the center bore gets more narrow further in. I measured the center bore to be just 64mm further in, and the H&R spacer lip is slightly wider.

I wonder if it's the wrong spacer I have ordered, or the Überturbine has been changed...

I plan to order these and see if they will fit on the rear with my 20" OEM Überturbines:

You can definitely use a 15mm studded spacer for the uberturbines. At least that is what we have done in the USA. In fact if you correct the rear camber with camber arms then I'd say you can run 15mm front and rear. That's what I did for my friend. Check it out. We also used these spacers since they are in the USA but they've been sold out for awhile. The ones you linked are probably better for you since you're overseas. They don't have the ubers listed on their spacer fitment guide but when speaking with them they told me the ubers can take a 15mm studded spacer so that's what we purchased. Don't forget to remove the 10mm rotor retaining bolt if needed.

This is lowered on BC Racing coilovers with -1 degree camber front and rear. I believe ride height was set around 365mm from hub center to fender front and back.

P3D 15mm Aspira 2021.jpg

Reactions: Lindenwood
You can definitely use a 15mm studded spacer for the uberturbines. At least that is what we have done in the USA. In fact if you correct the rear camber with camber arms then I'd say you can run 15mm front and rear. That's what I did for my friend. Check it out. We also used these spacers since they are in the USA but they've been sold out for awhile. The ones you linked are probably better for you since you're overseas. They don't have the ubers listed on their spacer fitment guide but when speaking with them they told me the ubers can take a 15mm studded spacer so that's what we purchased. Don't forget to remove the 10mm rotor retaining bolt if needed.

This is lowered on BC Racing coilovers with -1 degree camber front and rear. I believe ride height was set around 365mm from hub center to fender front and back.

Thanks P3D-R 👍 And you are right - The Aspira costs too much to ship to Denmark, so I have nowordered 18mm Bonoss spacers for the rear of my TM3P. If they fit I will probablyorder 15mm for the front.
By the way - I have just measured the outside hub lip of the H&R spacers that do not fit my OEM wheels, and the diameter is exactly 64,3mm.

Here you see that the center bore of the OEM Überturbines 20" is 64,12 mm.
The outside lip oh the H&R spacer is 64,3 mm.

Attachments

• 2021-07-01 16.38.05.jpg
    2021-07-01 16.38.05.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 219
  • 2021-07-01 16.30.39.jpg
    2021-07-01 16.30.39.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 146
So I tried to put spacers on my P3D+ last year and my p3d+ has aftermarket wheels but it didn't fit because there was this one little piece that was sticking out, is there anything I can do about it? I want to put spacers on or at least try again

So I tried to put spacers on my P3D+ last year and my p3d+ has aftermarket wheels but it didn't fit because there was this one little piece that was sticking out, is there anything I can do about it? I want to put spacers on or at least try again
Are you referring to H&R spacers?

Unfortunately those only work with OEM wheels.

For aftermarket wheels, please refer to Aspira:
All sold out for now, but we should be getting restocked at the end of this month.

Danny

Are you referring to H&R spacers?

Unfortunately those only work with OEM wheels.

For aftermarket wheels, please refer to Aspira:
All sold out for now, but we should be getting restocked at the end of this month.

Danny

What's the difference between you guys and bloxsports?