Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Performance owners don't fret!
We packaged a performance hub stepped lip delete kit for you guys. Run any aftermarket wheels you want with regular hub centric rings 🙃

IMG_0374_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Available in 3mm or 5mm for additional wheel backspace clearance.

Danny

Currently running 5/20mm spacers on my oem 20’s and they fit great. I’m going to swap for some 20x8.5 wheels but in a +30 offset. What spacers can one safely run in this setup?

edit- it sounds like I can re-use the spacers as is from Danny’s posts. Maybe I can even get some +15 aspira spacers for the front. Will that work?

Last edited:
Currently running 5/20mm spacers on my oem 20’s and they fit great. I’m going to swap for some 20x8.5 wheels but in a +30 offset. What spacers can one safely run in this setup?

edit- it sounds like I can re-use the spacers as is from Danny’s posts. Maybe I can even get some +15 aspira spacers for the front. Will that work?
The +30 offset is already pretty low and it should already be pretty flush. If you run 15mm spacers, this will make your effective wheel spec of 8.5 +15, which will be too much poke IMO.

You can try your 5mm on there and see how you like it.

Danny

The +30 offset is already pretty low and it should already be pretty flush. If you run 15mm spacers, this will make your effective wheel spec of 8.5 +15, which will be too much poke IMO.

You can try your 5mm on there and see how you like it.

Danny
Wouldn’t a +30 offset wheel just be 5mm more out from stock? Essentially a 20x8.5 +30 would be the same as my current setup with oem 20x8.5 +35 with 5mm spacers. Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t a +30 offset wheel just be 5mm more out from stock? Essentially a 20x8.5 +30 would be the same as my current setup with oem 20x8.5 +35 with 5mm spacers. Or am I not understanding this correctly?
You're correct.
I'm thinking that spec of wheel on non performance Model 3s...

Assuming you have a M3P, it will play a little nicer with 15mm in front.
Do you happen to have a picture of how low your car is right now? The natural camber from lowering plays a big factor in the amount of poke as well.

This is our non-performance 3 on MPP coilovers max low with about -1.5 camber.
20x9 +25 on 235/35 Tires

Image.jpeg

If you run your performance 3 with a 15mm spacer, then you are getting almost an identical stance after you factor in the 5mm hub difference.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 6.34.38 PM.png

It's totally doable on a 235 tire.
Any wider, I don't recommend.

Danny

I have 2021 M3P with
Uber wheels, purchased H&R 14mm/20mm DRS lowered with Mpp comfort coils. I’m poking a lot and not feeling it. So then I put the 14mm from the front to Rears looks way better.

I read here that 10mm is not possible for fronts, so any particular brand or a link to 5mm spacers that works with OEM uber 20” wheels?
20mm rear
CE687DE4-DB76-42F6-BDD6-69FE816CBA4D.jpeg

14mm front
79A9AA7E-B00B-42A1-AF08-DF2A1F39FB55.jpeg

put the 14mm in the rear now
89FA4587-3912-4AC9-865A-685ED1B6E91E.jpeg

Stock on fronts , what size spacer should I get ? Links
07EA2DAB-638D-492D-8DDC-52474F623E58.jpeg

I have 2021 M3P with
Uber wheels, purchased H&R 14mm/20mm DRS lowered with Mpp comfort coils. I’m poking a lot and not feeling it. So then I put the 14mm from the front to Rears looks way better.

I read here that 10mm is not possible for fronts, so any particular brand or a link to 5mm spacers that works with OEM uber 20” wheels?
20mm rear
View attachment 662383
14mm front
View attachment 662384

View attachment 662386

View attachment 662387
Yeah, 20mm is a bit too aggressive for Uberturbine's spec.

We have these 5mm for M3P

I don't recommend going any thicker for safe amount of thread engagement.

Danny

Awesome!! The rear looks perfect. How low did you go on the car? How are you liking the MPP Comforts?

I was 26.5 inches from the ground before but raised it up 27 inches all around for daily driving, don't get me wrong i would prefer the slammed looked but wife drives the car too . Im loving the MPP comfort drives better then stock and not bumpy at all. Might go with sways in the future but it this will do for now.

Reactions: whatsupsor
I have 2021 M3P with

20mm rear
View attachment 662383
14mm front
View attachment 662384

View attachment 662386

View attachment 662387
Have you got some images with this setup (20mmR 14mmF) further back showing the whole car? And the same but with just the (14mmF) in the rear? Thanks!

Finally had some time to install a set of the H&R 14mm spacers from Danny @ Model+. Perfectly flush matched with Blox 20mm rears on my 20" OEM Turbine wheels. View attachment 665300View attachment 665301
This is the best combo for pre-uberturbines.
Looking good and thank you for the support! 🤝

Friendly note for those thinking about spacers - We're running very low on both Aspira + H&R inventory...
Won't be getting new shipment until late July. Since we are Model 3/Y application specific, I can promise if we don't have stock then nobody will have these on hand either...

Danny

Thank you for the clarity and sharing this. What Is annoying is that I messaged Blox and made it clear the car was an M3P with standard 20’s, yet they made a recommendation for me to order. Just been reading back through some other threads and looks like the other alternative is to fit 3mm spacers on the front.

I’ll be contacting Blox to see what they say and if they’ll take the 15mm back.

H&R do a 17mm version but it sounds like these will be 1mm short still.
What did you decide on? 15 in front and 20 in the back from Blox?

Thank you for the clarity and sharing this. What Is annoying is that I messaged Blox and made it clear the car was an M3P with standard 20’s, yet they made a recommendation for me to order. Just been reading back through some other threads and looks like the other alternative is to fit 3mm spacers on the front.

I’ll be contacting Blox to see what they say and if they’ll take the 15mm back.

H&R do a 17mm version but it sounds like these will be 1mm short still.
Which Blox setup did you go with? 15mm in the front and 20mm in the back?

Just thinking out loud ... :D

I'm picking up a new '21 M3P, so it'll have the new 20x9 Übers, and I'd like a little meatier tire than stock. So one option is keeping the OEM wheels and replacing the tires with either a 245/35-20 or possibly a 255/35-20, I'd like to fill in the fenders a little better, get a little more width and sidewall, and for a 9" wide wheel a 245 or 255 is right on spec.

I understand you want to keep the overall height close to OEM - I saw a thread saying 26.0-26.7, and a 255/35 is a touch tall (at 27"), but I also read you can set the wheel spec in the car config to the Tesla performance wheel package (that uses a 245/35-20) and then a 245-255 is either right on, or just slightly above spec (this is probably a discussion for a different thread, unless it's a pretty simple yes/no :) )

So on topic: if I still want to move the wheels a little further out, and I want to source my own lugs, what are the spacer options. Is there a Tesla fitment for a 5mm, maybe a 7mm? How are the stock lug lengths on a Performance model? Again, without using special shanked lugs or spacers with their own studs.

[edited because me R dum ...]

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud ... :D

I'm picking up a new '21 M3P, so it'll have the new 20x9 Übers, and I'd like a little meatier tire than stock. So one option is keeping the OEM wheels and replacing the tires with either a 245/55-20 or possibly a 255/55-20, I'd like to fill in the fenders a little better, get a little more width and sidewall, and for a 9" wide wheel a 245 or 255 is right on spec.

I understand you want to keep the overall height close to OEM - I saw a thread saying 26.0-26.7, and a 255/55 is a touch tall (at 27"), but I also read you can set the wheel spec in the car config to the Tesla performance wheel package (that uses a 245/55-20) and then a 245-255 is either right on, or just slightly above spec (this is probably a discussion for a different thread, unless it's a pretty simple yes/no :) )

So on topic: if I still want to move the wheels a little further out, and I want to source my own lugs, what are the spacer options. Is there a Tesla fitment for a 5mm, maybe a 7mm? How are the stock lug lengths on a Performance model? Again, without using special shanked lugs or spacers with their own studs.
Are you mis-typing 245/55 and 255/55 with 245/35 and 255/35?

Either of those 35 series will work. However 55 series will not work.

If you're looking for 5mm spacers for Model 3 Performance, you can run these:

Danny

Reactions: slade037