Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room [2020-2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if this new, scheduled EDD is closer to 11 weeks, that pushes us well into Q3. When I first ordered, the estimated delivery dates were 4-7 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. Now, since we still have no VIN, I'm wondering if I should just go searching for a low milage, Demo model, since they are available in my area, if I'm still going to do an EV, summer road trip. 🤔

Yeah, if this new, scheduled EDD is closer to 11 weeks, that pushes us well into Q3. When I first ordered, the estimated delivery dates were 4-7 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. Now, since we still have no VIN, I'm wondering if I should just go searching for a low milage, Demo model, since they are available in my area, if I'm still going to do an EV, summer road trip. 🤔

I just looked, and there are a bunch in LA. I'm somewhat tempted, but then again I feel like people really do the most in those demo cars. I think knowing the demo status would bother me, long-term.

• Informative
Reactions: Wood1030
I just looked, and there are a bunch in LA. I'm somewhat tempted, but then again I feel like people really do the most in those demo cars. I think knowing the demo status would bother me, long-term.
The last thing I want to do is bail on a new car to buy (at or near full MSRP) one that has been HAMMERED for a thousand miles, then get the call from my SA that my pristine new vehicle is on a truck/train from Fremont - and all because I panicked over an EDD date that winds up meaning nothing.

I’ll at least check with my SA first. If I’m pushed a quarter, I’ll make other plans.

Reactions: Doge-1 and Wood1030
When I took my test drive I was considering looking for a used one so I didn't have the wait... Minor scuffs and road chips on the front of my tester made the decision to buy new very easy. I am super particular and it would bother me too much. If you can overlook that stuff I say go for it but for me it was easier to wait for a "virgin" Tesla.

Nobody will drive my car ever unless it's in for service and then I'll be setting the valet mode with the lowest possible power and speed settings.

Reactions: Wood1030
When I took my test drive I was considering looking for a used one so I didn't have the wait... Minor scuffs and road chips on the front of my tester made the decision to buy new very easy. I am super particular and it would bother me too much. If you can overlook that stuff I say go for it but for me it was easier to wait for a "virgin" Tesla.

Nobody will drive my car ever unless it's in for service and then I'll be setting the valet mode with the lowest possible power and speed settings.
I took the whole allotted 30 minutes of time on my test drive, and I got my money’s worth.

Yes. You all make good points on reasons not to buy a demo model, although, the one I drove, in Torrance, Ca, was pristine and the exact config I was looking for, - FSD. on the other hand, nothing matches the feeling of being the 1st to put on mile one of a new car. Decisions, decisions. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.