Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an M3P in mid June and i finally got to test drive one for the first time today at a SC. Only bummer was that the SOC was around 58%. I was blown away by the performance. However, I’m wondering how much was the performance ie. Acceleration hindered by the SOC? How much of a drop off in HP was there? It was certainly faster than the LR but wondering how much faster it is at a higher SOC?
Very little is lost by SOC until you are way down. 1 tenth lost all the way down to 22%. And todays batteries are even better.

Attachments

• 1658775184290.png
    1658775184290.png
    33 KB · Views: 125
Hey guys, so I've been chatting with my SA (I think?) via text and asked for him to look into my order. Says that a mid-August DD is likely. (I'm managing expectations, but hey I'll take it. :p)

He asked about if I had financing set and I said yes it's all good to go. Then asked what the name of the bank+amount was so that he could update it on his end since my app is set to cash.

Should I let him update it? Any pros or cons to change it off of cash status? Keep it set to cash for now?

Reactions: Haste
Hey guys, so I've been chatting with my SA (I think?) via text and asked for him to look into my order. Says that a mid-August DD is likely. (I'm managing expectations, but hey I'll take it. :p)

He asked about if I had financing set and I said yes it's all good to go. Then asked what the name of the bank+amount was so that he could update it on his end since my app is set to cash.

Should I let him update it? Any pros or cons to change it off of cash status? Keep it set to cash for now?

I had my credit union info in the app from the beginning, changed it to cash while screwing around one day, and then put my credit union info back and it only took me 23 days from order to delivery.

I didn't want to say, but that's the secret to speedy delivery. Okay, kidding about that part but I saw no negative impact from messing with the financial stuff in the app.

I was told by Tesla not to change anything until you get a VIN. That goes for getting a trade-in offer as well.
Thanks. I was under that impression as well. I'll leave it be for now.
I had my credit union info in the app from the beginning, changed it to cash while screwing around one day, and then put my credit union info back and it only took me 23 days from order to delivery.

I didn't want to say, but that's the secret to speedy delivery. Okay, kidding about that part but I saw no negative impact from messing with the financial stuff in the app.
Ha! You had me going for a bit.
🍻

Reactions: Brou
Just got home from picking it up. Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but they called to ask if I want it today. Dropped everything and cancelled my afternoon meetings.

Car was immaculate. Spent about 10 mins in the TX heat checking everything out and saw no visible issues. The SA there was great and answered the few questions I had.

VIN starts with 30 so likely one of the firsts off the Fremont line after the shutdown.

Hoping everyone else has fast deliveries and low interest rates.

Attachments

• E8F5B7CF-DD31-45C5-A615-CF24E681AF67.jpeg
    E8F5B7CF-DD31-45C5-A615-CF24E681AF67.jpeg
    690.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 16AEFFFE-C24B-40C1-8612-C9AE6D8C1CB3.jpeg
    16AEFFFE-C24B-40C1-8612-C9AE6D8C1CB3.jpeg
    618.4 KB · Views: 80
Just got home from picking it up. Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow but they called to ask if I want it today. Dropped everything and cancelled my afternoon meetings.

Car was immaculate. Spent about 10 mins in the TX heat checking everything out and saw no visible issues. The SA there was great and answered the few questions I had.

VIN starts with 30 so likely one of the firsts off the Fremont line after the shutdown.

Congrats! When did you order?

Reactions: Chris B

Congratulations!

However, I’m wondering how much was the performance ie. Acceleration hindered by the SOC? How much of a drop off in HP was there? It was certainly faster than the LR but wondering how much faster it is at a higher SOC?
It’s not as simple as saying each % loss in SOC = a loss in HP. Check this article out. Off the line there is virtually no difference in HP/Tq in various SOC, but there will be a difference as you get up to speed. I don’t notice much of a difference, mostly because I’m not in the habit of doing lots of 40-80 mph pulls in normal driving. I do stomp on it from a light quite often and in that case it feels consistent.

Mountain Pass Performance Tests Tesla Model 3 Power At Different States Of Charge (#CleanTechnica Exclusive)

Reactions: unlock and Leopold5

Congrats!

I just realized the car I’m taking delivery of was built on the same day I sold my car😭 What a coincidence it was reborn 🙏🏾 I’m almost positive that this is a cancelled order though or someone changed their mind about color. No way I should have gotten one this soon.

I just realized the car I’m taking delivery of was built on the same day I sold my car😭 What a coincidence it was reborn 🙏🏾 I’m almost positive that this is a cancelled order though or someone changed their mind about color. No way I should have gotten one this soon.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. I ordered on June 2nd and got the VIN text June 7th. My car was built June 6th. My EDD was mid-August to September 5th and I accepted delivery June 25th on the east coast. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. For whatever reason some locations/trims just get delivered faster. It sucks that there's so little transparency at Tesla that we can't nail down exactly what the combination has to be to ensure the quickest delivery.

Reactions: HarpoonS and unlock