Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s not what that states. IMO it means, Tesla wants help at the end of the assembly line. They want the cars checked MORE than you normally do, as they can’t risk people rejecting cars for issues. Granted Tesla should have been doing this all this time. But I think this is a good statement. I will still check my car over, like I do any car.

Yup. This.

Doesn't do any good toward meeting the goal to "try" and deliver a bunch of cars no one will accept.

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Finally got my VIN today for Costa Mesa pickup on or around the 28th. VIN is around the 874 range, so new headlights would be great.

First time here! Picking up in Costa Mesa, delivery was scheduled before VIN arrived the following day.

Ordered 10/30
Received scheduled delivery on 10/25 for 10/28
VIN received 10/26... 874xxx
MP3 midnight silver

Hello to the whole forum. Been lurking for a month while I await mine. Aidee from Sherman Oaks, CA was my awesome rep and helped me get insurance which honestly made it possible to get a Tesla finally.

The amount less it is is astronomical for me.

Today at 2p I pick up my SR+ (263 I believe, might have changed with now counting reserve), and FSD bought outright (saw too many of my friends cars appreciate that I believe it will go up and even if it goes to 11k, the investment is worth it to me).

M3, MSM, white interior.

Been watching all kinds of vids ad nasuum. I haven’t been this excited to get a car since I was in my teens (I’m 46).

So a question I’m sure you’ve never heard. (Cues common question he’s sure).

What is the absolute first and most important thing I need? The only thing I idéese was a tempered glass for the screen.

I’m going to get that 303 protectant I think for the dash. I never know what to trust on those “must need” lists.

I have a 48 month finance at 2.4 (was a little disappointed they didn’t have a 1.9, I ahold have just gone with my bank at 1.9 but I want them to like me and I’m truly saving dividends in the insurance from them. Some how it helped me to the tune of an embarrassing amount!). Made it possible to get.

Last 3 cars were two Chevy Volts (plug in hybrid version), never once had to bring them to the gas station and got about 58-62 miles per charge and literally unless I went to the beach would I use even a little gas. Loved those Volts. Drive better than my BMW 750 and then they wee cancelled and I wanted another more than 25 mile plug in so bought the Clarity by Honda and let’s just say it was NOT worth is weights in aluminum. Ugly as a sin and not nearly as powerful or as fun as my Volts. Enter Tesla Insurance which for me made it possible for me for to even get a Tesla. Same coverage was debilitating with Geico, with TI, I am paying less over all with the savings in insurance even with the car payment, a lot less. It doesn’t even make sense.

Super excited. Unfortunately my M3 won’t be allowed in the garage. ... should I get paint protection and if so which? Never have done that before but I plan on resalí liking this car and selling it round about when I can get a Cybertruck.’

Ceramic (not even sure what that is or a wrap) or neither?

Thanks in advance and hello to all.

Anyone else in SoCal still without date range? Mine disappeared yesterday and nothing since...

In my experience when the date disappeared the algorithm (or someone) has been thinking deeply about the logistics of getting me a car and invariably (only happened twice) the date range was more specific and directly in line with what is now supposed to be my actual delivery date.

Good luck!

So much for having the chance to have the DC to do fixes. Just got this text:

Hopefully they’re doing a good job with the PDI! Haha

—-

Tesla Update - We expect to drop off your Model 3 to your address at xxxxxxxx in the next 1-3 days. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model 3 with the Tesla App.

You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:
- Electronically sign your contract, which will be available on 12/28
- Submit final payment, if necessary

As a thank you for your scheduling flexibility during this busy holiday season, we are offering 1 year of free Supercharging if you take delivery of your Model 3 by 12/31/2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Looks like the increased PDI memo was taken seriously.

I just received a text saying my M3P is going through a final inspection so they bumped my delivery date to Tuesday.
That’s great. However, it’s sad that it takes them wanting to beat a market to somewhat care about QC. Better late than never. I hope they continue this. They would actually deliver more cars if they did this from the beginning

I got the following text earlier today:

Tesla Update - Get ready to meet your Model 3!

Before delivery day, please watch your vehicle introduction videos at tesla.com/meetyourtesla to familiarize yourself with your Model 3.

Your delivery day will be touchless or minimal contact. Check in, sign and complete any outstanding documents, watch tutorial videos in your car as needed, and drive.

I assume it was automated. My delivery day, much like everything so far, has been straightforward and hardly anything has changed along the way.

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
So I had a delivery window of 12/23 - 12/31.

Then 12/23 came and went and my window then disappeared.

Since then, nothing, nada, radio silence.

So I emailed my advisor the following:
Can you give me an update on the status of my order. I had a delivery window earlier in the week and now that's gone and I don't have a VIN assigned. Also I was hoping something would happen this week as I'm working next week. It looks like my only day to take delivery will be 12/30. The 31st won't work unless there is a direct delivery option late that evening.

His reply: We’re still waiting for a VINs to get assigned from Fremont. With delivery and production being so fluid, things change all the time. Note: he had assured me a few weeks back that things were still on track for EOY delivery.

My follow up: So is that a way of saying I won’t be getting the car before the end of the year? It’s a bit upsetting to see folks placing orders in December and already taking possession. Can you give me some assurance as provided previously that I’ll get the car this year?

If I didn't need to turn in my lease in January, I'd consider canceling the order. This is just stupid. Elon is definitely not about customer service.

Where and what DC are you referring to? In the local dmv area it’s been a small and I mean small amount of M3P delivery. So far I know of 3 or 4. My delivery is Tuesday with a few others. Let check the local inventory for you

edit: there are no cars in inventory whoa.... hmmm I would ask your sa to check like NY,PA,NC

I'm in maryland, I've been tracking the website but nothing seems to make it out this way. They had one that was a test drive unit but all the rims were trashed and they only discounted it by $800. This was at the washington dc location.

Yeah It makes more sense to pump out more standard range at this time, more affordable then the performance so high chance of a sale.

I now have a delivery date and made my final payment since they're dropping the car off at my house. Updated log below with how things have played out so far.

12/27: 12/29 <-- Got delivery date & text
12/26: 12/27-31 <-- Got VIN (876XXX)
12/26: 12/26-31
12/25: 12/25-31
12/24: 12/24-31
12/23: 12/29-31
12/23: 12/23-31
12/22: 12/22-31
12/21: 12/28-31
12/21: 12/27-31
12/20: blank
12/18: 12/22-31
09/21: blank <-- Ordered M3P (Note: Account annotated by SA for a Dec delivery)

I got the following text earlier today:

Tesla Update - Get ready to meet your Model 3!

Before delivery day, please watch your vehicle introduction videos at tesla.com/meetyourtesla to familiarize yourself with your Model 3.

Your delivery day will be touchless or minimal contact. Check in, sign and complete any outstanding documents, watch tutorial videos in your car as needed, and drive.

I assume it was automated. My delivery day, much like everything so far, has been straightforward and hardly anything has changed along the way.
Yeah it’s automatic. Got that early yesterday

Ordered 12/11. No VIN but date range was given through 12/31. Changed my order from S+ to LR (white with black interior) yesterday and within hours I received my VIN# (878xxx). Date range is still showing from today through 12/31. Keeping fingers crossed I will receive before year's end.
UPDATE: Got a delivery date for December 30. 2 hours later received a telephone call from Tesla, moving up my delivery appointment to noon on December 29. So excited to meet Eve!

• Disagree
I now have a delivery date and made my final payment since they're dropping the car off at my house. Updated log below with how things have played out so far.

12/27: 12/29 <-- Got delivery date & text
12/26: 12/27-31 <-- Got VIN (876XXX)
12/26: 12/26-31
12/25: 12/25-31
12/24: 12/24-31
12/23: 12/29-31
12/23: 12/23-31
12/22: 12/22-31
12/21: 12/28-31
12/21: 12/27-31
12/20: blank
12/18: 12/22-31
09/21: blank <-- Ordered M3P (Note: Account annotated by SA for a Dec delivery)

nice. I’m also socal. I’m still waiting for my delivery date and VIN.
M3p Red/black ordered 11/22

Ordered 10/20 Seattle. White/Black FSD. No VIN still on 12/26 and date range missing for last 2 days. My twin config in Long Range version showed up in existing inventory with sport wheels & FSD. Done. Bought it and cancelled my M3P. The unknown was killing me. Pickup Tuesday. Good luck everyone. See you around, just 1.3 seconds slower.

Ordered 10/20 Seattle. White/Black FSD. No VIN still on 12/26 and date range missing for last 2 days. My twin config in Long Range version showed up in existing inventory with sport wheels & FSD. Done. Bought it and cancelled my M3P. The unknown was killing me. Pickup Tuesday. Good luck everyone. See you around, just 1.3 seconds slower.
So close to doing the same