Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys! Have an order in for a model 3p. It says I am scheduled to get my car this coming week but no vin yet. I only placed an order on the 20th, but the SA guys were insistent that I can get the car by EOY. Lets see what happens, hopefully it can come in on Monday-Tuesday otherwise I am out the rest of the week.

People that received their car recently, did you get the new headlights or no? If no new headlights, and I cant pick it up this year to take advantage of the free supercharging, I might wait till later next year to try and score the new headlights too.

I don’t know if seeing all the posts here has been better or worse. Definitely illustrates how confusing trying to “understand” the queue for different geographic locations can be. I am happy for everyone who has taken delivery but it’s hard seeing orders placed in late Nov/early Dev getting VINs and leaving the waiting room. Ordered 10/20 Seattle, all docs complete 10/27 still no VIN and no dates anymore as of today. Hoping something changes soon and this still happens by 12/31.

I placed an order at the end of October and I've yet to hear anything too. Yet I see people who ordered the beginning of dec with the same config take delivery in the same state.

Would've liked to have free supercharging but that's not in the cards. Looks like I'm slated for the March crew.

Looks like I have a VIN. Not sure when it updated since I hadn’t checked since 2:00. VIN is 876XXX. Got an updated date range, no text or email for pickup yet.

12/26: 12/27-31 <— current, VIN (876XXX)
12/26: 12/26-31
12/25: 12/25-31
12/24: 12/24-31
12/23: 12/29-31
12/23: 12/23-31
12/22: 12/22-31
12/21: 12/28-31
12/21: 12/27-31
12/20: blank
12/18: 12/22-31
09/21: blank

Reactions: c4Lvin
Hi guys! Have an order in for a model 3p. It says I am scheduled to get my car this coming week but no vin yet. I only placed an order on the 20th, but the SA guys were insistent that I can get the car by EOY. Lets see what happens, hopefully it can come in on Monday-Tuesday otherwise I am out the rest of the week.

People that received their car recently, did you get the new headlights or no? If no new headlights, and I cant pick it up this year to take advantage of the free supercharging, I might wait till later next year to try and score the new headlights too.
Picked mine up last night. Don’t know if I have new headlights or not. Nor do I care. Dude. Headlights. What person outside of this forum will notice that?

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p

Lol, looks like he's saying not to waste time with quality control too..

"Particular help would be appreciated at end of the line to ensure cars built now are able to be delivered immediately without any further improvements in PDI, as there simply isn’t enough time to do so."

PDI = Pre-delivery inspection

In other words, anyone taking delivery in the next few days better check their cars very carefully. There WILL be defects

Lol, looks like he's saying not to waste time with quality control too..

"Particular help would be appreciated at end of the line to ensure cars built now are able to be delivered immediately without any further improvements in PDI, as there simply isn’t enough time to do so."

PDI = Pre-delivery inspection

In other words, anyone taking delivery in the next few days better check their cars very carefully. There WILL be defects
That’s not what that states. IMO it means, Tesla wants help at the end of the assembly line. They want the cars checked MORE than you normally do, as they can’t risk people rejecting cars for issues. Granted Tesla should have been doing this all this time. But I think this is a good statement. I will still check my car over, like I do any car.

I placed an order at the end of October and I've yet to hear anything too. Yet I see people who ordered the beginning of dec with the same config take delivery in the same state.

Would've liked to have free supercharging but that's not in the cards. Looks like I'm slated for the March crew.
Where and what DC are you referring to? In the local dmv area it’s been a small and I mean small amount of M3P delivery. So far I know of 3 or 4. My delivery is Tuesday with a few others. Let check the local inventory for you

edit: there are no cars in inventory whoa.... hmmm I would ask your sa to check like NY,PA,NC

It can be read both ways but believe Tholland is right. They want the cars right when they leave the factory so when they get to the SC they just need to be cleaned and delivered.

My delivery is the 31st so hopefully all is well with the car
Maybe you can see it the other way, idk, but I find that hard to see. But truth is, still check the car over well. It’s Tesla, anything is possible.

Ordered 12/11. No VIN but date range was given through 12/31. Changed my order from S+ to LR (white with black interior) yesterday and within hours I received my VIN# (878xxx). Date range is still showing from today through 12/31. Keeping fingers crossed I will receive before year's end.