Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah so i originally had the 28th and asked for earlier and was only able to move up one day as the eta is the 26th (like you no specific time of day given). I hope it doesnt end up being all dirty and dusty since i moved to the morning before.

Id try to follow up on the 24th to see if they nail the time down better
From what my SA told me, the delivery locations will reach out as soon as the car lands and is ready for you to pick up otherwise the car's just taking space. They need it to move, especially since they're trying to push end of quarter deliveries. Seems to line up with a few people's experiences in here getting abrupt calls to pick it up that day haha.

I'm not holding my breath though. I assume my car is here tomorrow based on my original scheduling window of the 24/25th and haven't gotten any other news since I was able to schedule so it's starting to look like I'm not getting mine any earlier haha.

From what my SA told me, the delivery locations will reach out as soon as the car lands and is ready for you to pick up otherwise the car's just taking space. They need it to move, especially since they're trying to push end of quarter deliveries. Seems to line up with a few people's experiences in here getting abrupt calls to pick it up that day haha.

I'm not holding my breath though. I assume my car is here tomorrow based on my original scheduling window of the 24/25th and haven't gotten any other news since I was able to schedule so it's starting to look like I'm not getting mine any earlier haha.
Yea crazy thing is i ordered a month after you, but it looks like they backloaded all the m3ps for the east coast

I originally ordered on 2-18, M3P black with black interior. A black with white interior became available sooner so I switched to that vehicle and went to pick up on 3-18-23. the car had serious solvent pop all over the car. I rejected the vehicle since the detailer at tesla was telling me it would likely need a repaint at the body shop. Now I am without my vehicle and the EDD is April 1-April 29. FML. This absolute horrible customer service, and so upset they even let that car be delivered in the first place. Im sure it became available early because someone else had rejected it. I hope this doesn’t happen to any of y‘All. Im going to have to rent a car for 400 dollars a week now.

March 6 ordered--- Midnight Silver Metallic Paint---MA state

first estimation-Mar 2023
updated to - Mar 26- Mar 31

Customer service says- VIN not assigned and as of now Mar 26- Mar 31 is the date.

what is possibility i will get my car before 31 March? 😂... $7500 matters...
Ordered march 8th. M3p white with black int. Initial est delivery date was march 2023. Changed to march 26 to march 31. Got vin on 3/19 but my est delivery date changed to 4/9-4/18. I am also in MA.

White/Black M3P, no options

Ordered: 3/14
EDD (3/22): 4/9-5/7

Looks like I'm missing the 3/31 IRS cut off for the tax credit, which is disappointing as of this post Tesla's website still claims "March 2023" delivery if ordered right now. Who knows what'll happen w/ that tax credit, but it's definitely a driving motivation to trade in to the M3P from my Audi A4.

Picked up yesterday with Xpel matte PPF and tint. Its well worth the wait!

Attachments

• 73005E57-F7F1-4615-B858-05FD4C3B324F.jpeg
    73005E57-F7F1-4615-B858-05FD4C3B324F.jpeg
    946.8 KB · Views: 112
Update:

Buffalo, NY
White/Black MP3
OD: 2/12 Evening
EDD: Feb-Mar
2/23 1st: March 7th - March 31st
3/5 2nd: March 12th - March 26th
3/8 3rd: Received VIN, EDD March 23rd - March 30th
3/13 4th: EDD March 20th - 29th
3/20 5th: Ready to schedule delivery - Pickup March 25th

Well I was offered a much earlier time slot for the 24th so I'm picking up tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes well. Friend told me to show up early to do the inspection/walkaround since the center wants me gone as soon as the business is done haha. Unless something goes horribly wrong, I want to wish everyone good luck in getting your cars. It was fun impatiently waiting with you all.

Timeline:
OD: 2/2 just after midnight - White/Black
ATL, GA
Original EDD: Feb - March
2/7: March 2 - March 30
2/17: Received 1-2wk Text
3/3: EDD update to 3/13-3/31
3/4: VIN received. EDD Updated to 3/22-3/28
3/11: EDD update to 3/16-3/25
3/16: Can now schedule, earliest is 24th but I work so 25th it is. I hope this can be bumped up but we'll see.
3/23: Was offered an earlier pickup time for tomorrow that didn't conflict with work.
3/24: Delivery day!

Well I was offered a much earlier time slot for the 24th so I'm picking up tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes well. Friend told me to show up early to do the inspection/walkaround since the center wants me gone as soon as the business is done haha. Unless something goes horribly wrong, I want to wish everyone good luck in getting your cars. It was fun impatiently waiting with you all.

Timeline:
OD: 2/2 just after midnight - White/Black
ATL, GA
Original EDD: Feb - March
2/7: March 2 - March 30
2/17: Received 1-2wk Text
3/3: EDD update to 3/13-3/31
3/4: VIN received. EDD Updated to 3/22-3/28
3/11: EDD update to 3/16-3/25
3/16: Can now schedule, earliest is 24th but I work so 25th it is. I hope this can be bumped up but we'll see.
3/23: Was offered an earlier pickup time for tomorrow that didn't conflict with work.
3/24: Delivery day!
Sweet! I ordered 2/10- White/White in Denver. I’m supposed to pick up on Saturday, hoping everything checks out okay as we are all right up against the deadline for the credit. It has been fun here in the waiting room, I can’t count how many times I’ve checked my app over the past 6 weeks! I hope all of my other people here in the CO area get theirs soon as well. It’s been fun!

Question: I have about an hour and half drive after picking up my m3p. Temp could be high 30s to low 30s. Is it ok to drive on the summer tire in that temp for that long?
Should be fine but if you go to their website and read over it states the following-
“the P Zero (PZ4), like all summer tires, is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near-freezing temperatures”
The crazy thing is it says it shouldn’t even be stored in near freezing temps so apparently you should keep them in your living room over the winter if you live in colder climates lol

Reactions: excelsior13
Question: I have about an hour and half drive after picking up my m3p. Temp could be high 30s to low 30s. Is it ok to drive on the summer tire in that temp for that long?
if you research it, technically you are operating it outside of its proper parameters, which is down to around 40f.

Theoretically it’s not great for the sticky-when-warm compounds in it. Anecdotally, tons of people have done it without bursting into flames, but you’ll need to be mindful that at best they will be hard as a rock and not have any grip at all below 30, let alone on ice or snow

OD 3/5
MSM/black/ Massachusetts
Still no VIN

Went to Tesla store today, guy looked up my order number and said I should be getting VIN within the week, and delivery around 4/7.

Guy also said that M3Ps, with their larger battery pack that is made in US, could/should keep the full $7.5k loot even after march! SR3 battery packs are not made in US and will get hit by rebate reduction.

Hope it’s all true!