Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Part of what makes the wait hard is seeing people who ordered AFTER you get VINs and cars BEFORE you...

Ordered 11/7, M3P Blue on Black, Las Vegas, delivery range Feb 19 - Mar 19, still no VIN.

Apparently if I live in Maryland I would have had my car in December...

If it makes you feel any better I ordered a couple days before you and no VIN. :D Still showing Feb 17 - Mar 01 for my estimate though.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
You are a very patient man. I think if I had ordered in November and still did not have at least a VIN, I would have found a nice used one!

I’m not tooooooo angry. Mostly just at the part where some of us were assigned VINs at the end of last quarter and had it all disappear on Dec. 30th/31st, only to find that the cars were reassigned to others at the beginning of January. A close friend of mine is at Tesla so he gives me regular updates here and there. He’s pretty frustrated with the process as well.

It also helps that I’m still working from home and don’t have to commute daily. Plus my mom lives a few minutes away biking. A lot of conveniences I know others may not have, so I’d say I’m pretty fortunate–all things considered. Still a little upset tho, lol.

I’ll actually be upset/angry if my CVAP grant expires before I can get the car though...that would be another 5k + level 2 charger out of my pocket. At that point I would consider canceling and just getting a beater for the next 8 years. Realistically, I don’t NEED a Tesla. I’m not a major car person and just wanted something fun to treat myself. But if it doesn’t happen, then no biggie. Even though I’ve wanted one since high school...but still, I’m perfectly content with whatever standard sedan that can take me from point A to point B.

Not to take this way off topic, and i'd be glad to continue the conversation over pm. Totally agree cars are a personal choice. After having two model 3's and a model Y, its funny that I'm likely returning to ICE cars, which make fun noises, have personality, etc. Funny, the m340 is at the top of my list. In my opinion, its far more satisfying to drive than the tesla (and infinitely more comforting and quality feeling). If you haven't owned a tesla, the initial impression of the model 3 performance is that its going to blow you away, and will. After a year, if you want to feel more connected, and are really a big car person at heart, you'll likely wander back to the gas guzzlers. We don't often hear it on this forum (because people on this forum just stick with tesla), but I think there are more people who get rid of teslas for these reasons, than you think.

I’m confident within a year I’m gonna want to go back to a gas guzzler so I have a plan to get a toy car for the weekends that’ll keep me entertained :).

I noticed that folks who ordered the Long Range have been getting their cars. I’ve been considering changing my order from the Performance to Long Range, throwing 20s on it, and lowering it. I’m not worried about the boost in performance between the two. Curious if the range impact of a LR + 20s will be the same quoted range of a Performance with 20s. Any opinions?