Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just noticed a number of new existing inventory in my area for my specific build (MSM, Southern California). I am like the rest of you that had their SA ghost them so I started a chat with tesla. The rep told me that SHOULDNT replace my existing order because these represent cars in pre-production and will delay my order. I have no VIN assigned and keep getting my date pushed back (current est. is March 16-24). They couldnt really explain why this made sense since they cant assign me a vehicle. Any Ideas???

MSM Ordered 12/24

So I just noticed a number of new existing inventory in my area for my specific build (MSM, Southern California). I am like the rest of you that had their SA ghost them so I started a chat with tesla. The rep told me that SHOULDNT replace my existing order because these represent cars in pre-production and will delay my order. I have no VIN assigned and keep getting my date pushed back (current est. is March 16-24). They couldnt really explain why this made sense since they cant assign me a vehicle. Any Ideas???

MSM Ordered 12/24

Same boat, but for LR. I actually found one for my exact configuration. I got the VIN number from live chat, but he stated it's also in pre-production. He said that I can call my SA to get that VIN assigned to me... so I did, and my SA stated they can't assigned pre-production VIN numbers. No idea why.

Found my exact build in the existing inventory in my area. Texted my SA, he says he can’t match it because it’s preproduction and I should be getting mine soon. Called the Santana Row store, and the SA there said he could match it, however the price of that one is $1000 ($56,990) more from when I ordered in November ($55,990) and if he was to match it I would have to pay the difference. He did say if I wait it out I’ll pay the price that I originally ordered it at. So I guess it’s back to waiting and hoping for the best.

Just got a call from my SA asking if I was available to pick my car up a day early. They even offered me a free Uber. Not shabby at all.
I told you to buckle up both times we had a delivery date someone called us to pickup sooner. One of them even said "can you come pick it up today?" Lol

That goes for everyone, get your date but be prepared because you might get it earlier so have all your stuff together and ready to go.

Reactions: rancur
Starting to think I'm not destined to get a VIN this quarter. I got so much stuff bought accessories wise I think the universe is out to get me. I just put my red T caps on my Tsportline arachnids and those look pretty cool.

1615769623873.jpeg