Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have your insurance info loaded on the Tesla account prior to getting the text to schedule delivery? Just got my VIN Saturday and can't get insurance binder until Tuesday. Wondering if that needs to happen before the send the schedule text?
On my side I didn't have the insurance info loaded, because I don't have the VIN, but still got the text and was able to book the delivery date today for June 7th.
I still don't have the VIN, but I expect they will share it with me this week.

Reactions: Red Leader NH
I, too, and in MA waiting for my VIN. Ordered 5/2/21. Red exterior/white interior.

I feel like this information should be available on the side panel of our posts or something, it's getting annoying repetitively posting it.
I'm guessing that cars being delivered to Mass are coming from the NJ delivery centers us New Hampshire folks need to drive down to for pickup. Hopefully that means they will get shipped to your dealers shortly after and you get your VIN's soon.

New here, hello everyone. Stopped by the Plano TX center, they had 2 (Black and MSM) Performance 3's. This was yesterday, they both still had the white protective film. These were the first M3P's I've seen there in the last couple of weeks. I stop by all the time, work just down the road. Lots of Y's. I ordered mine 4/25, no VIN yet. EDD is 6/15-6/30, was 6/10-6/21 yesterday.

Similar experience here. Went from May 31 - June 11 yesterday to 3-5 weeks this morning.
Last week I went from June 12 to 26 on Thursday to 7 to 12 weeks on Friday. On Saturday morning, I received a VIN in an email from Tesla, a phone call from my SA, and a delivery date of June 10. Those posted dates are ever changing but you really (apparently) can't believe them until you receive your VIN.

Brentwood? That’s where mine is being delivered. White M3P. Ordered 4/6
No date or VIN yet.
Yes, Nashville aka Brentwood / Franklin / Cool Springs, TN. My guess is you'll have a VIN any day now. I was originally told I should have the car by the end of June, but it's looking like later this week. My salesperson was able to get the GPS on my shipment yesterday and said it was in Oklahoma, headed for Birmingham, AL before shipment by rail to Nashville.

Yes, Nashville aka Brentwood / Franklin / Cool Springs, TN. My guess is you'll have a VIN any day now. I was originally told I should have the car by the end of June, but it's looking like later this week. My salesperson was able to get the GPS on my shipment yesterday and said it was in Oklahoma, headed for Birmingham, AL before shipment by rail to Nashville.
I’m in Tuscaloosa. Crazy it goes through Birmingham first. My SA is Trey.
Why didn’t they put mine and yours together???? Damn it.

I’m in Tuscaloosa. Crazy it goes through Birmingham first. My SA is Trey.
Why didn’t they put mine and yours together???? Damn it.
Don't know if this still holds true:
Odd that Tesla has an Alabama distribution point in AL, but not a sales center.

Yeah it seems the closer you are to the factory, the longer it takes to get your car. 💩
That explains why mine is saying 18-22 weeks again and I’m about 45 minutes from the Fremont factory.

I did call today to find out why the heck the time estimate keeps changing so drastically and they said it’ll be 3-5 weeks and that I can disregard what the website is showing. Hope he’s right.