Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked at maybe 15-20 Model 3’s on the Tesla lot in Florida. I’m concerned. Each and every one of them had bad flaws of various types.
One of the Performance models had the passenger front door ajar so I told a guy on the lot it was open in case it rained. He went over to close the door and it was so badly installed that it wouldn’t close, he said it probably shipped from the factory like that.
Others had front bumper alignment issues, crap in the paint, charger doors sticking out 1/2”, tail lights and or trunks misaligned. Some had protective plastic on the back bumper, some didn’t and a couple of the ones that didn’t were riddled with chips and dead bugs indicating that it shipped backwards from Fremont.
The work ethics in the factory must be horribly low. 😩 Those who got perfect cars won the lottery.

Order placed earlier in the week, and it says delivery in 1-11 weeks. That's quite the spread. Looking through these posts there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to delivery times. Is there any way to get a better idea of delivery time? It said that someone would be contacting me, but I have not heard from anyone. Does that step take awhile too?

I just looked at maybe 15-20 Model 3’s on the Tesla lot in Florida. I’m concerned. Each and every one of them had bad flaws of various types.
One of the Performance models had the passenger front door ajar so I told a guy on the lot it was open in case it rained. He went over to close the door and it was so badly installed that it wouldn’t close, he said it probably shipped from the factory like that.
Others had front bumper alignment issues, crap in the paint, charger doors sticking out 1/2”, tail lights and or trunks misaligned. Some had protective plastic on the back bumper, some didn’t and a couple of the ones that didn’t were riddled with chips and dead bugs indicating that it shipped backwards from Fremont.
The work ethics in the factory must be horribly low. 😩 Those who got perfect cars won the lottery.
That is terrible. I am taking delivery on Monday. I'm gonna be pissed if its like that in AZ

Reactions: play150
Let me know if you order the MW03. Curious how long they take, that’s my top contender
Do you mean how long it takes to arrive after ordering? tbh now I don't know if I'll have time to get them because Tesla's trade in offer went from 27k to 24k so I should just try and get that sold instead. I had the trade in offer ready to go but my SA took 2 weeks to respond and it expired. Kind of want to just cancel the whole thing based on that alone, because I sent an email to him about the diminished trade in value and he hasn't responded about it.

Finally got a hold of someone at the Tesla dealer near me. He told me my car was arriving Wednesday and said I could pickup Thursday or Friday; unfortunately I had to choose Friday due to work. But if you have a vin I’d recommend just spam calling the “dealer” until someone answers. As soon as we hung up the phone I got the email from Tesla and my account now allows me to make the final payment and shows my scheduled delivery date !!

Reactions: rem6775
With my EDD suddenly moved up to next week I have no idea what to do with the uberturbines! Order 19" Martian MW03s + tires right now and switch the wheels out asap to sell locally? Or just stick with them and be wary of potholes (I love the look of the uberturbines but there's a lot of potholes where I'm at :/)
I got my car this Thursday , no plans to change the turbines out , I love them they look spectacular. Just avoid potholes and curbs and drive happy. Got the car down to 14% before I got home today. its a harsher ride than the LR but still not bad considering the way it handles . I have FSD and its not well rounded at all hopefully the update fixes it if not I really really wasted $10k. I mention FSD because I cant keep it driving long enough to really worry much about it hitting a pot hole like ive seen on YouTube. I did take over and dodge some plywood in the road it had no intention of even trying to avoid it.

my only issue was a small chip under the rear deck lid due to those misaligned tail lights . the charge port side sticks out on every one I saw at the top but the deck lid rear face lined up perfect on that side. the passenger side tail light was so tight in that it rubbed all the way to the east coast and chipped the paint. they were excellent and treated me really well gave me a loaner even while they fixed the paint. apparently its just some kind of a design issue on that passenger tail light they linked it to my car and said when they received a fix for it I would get a call. the top one is obviously the charge port the lower one is hitting the rear lid and doesnt align with the rear of the lid at all. every M3 I looked at was like this just not quite as bad but aside from that and the steering wheel being a little off center everything looked really good.
IMG_5572.jpeg
IMG_5576.jpeg

Let me know if you order the MW03. Curious how long they take, that’s my top contender
I called them before I placed my order. He said they have an order in production right now (depending on size) and they will be shipping soon. So when looking at their site and you see "in stock" well, get them. If it says "not available" then that is self-explanatory as well. But if you see "New orders for this size and color estimated to ship in 6-8 weeks" that means that the order has been placed and they are in production. By ordering, you are grabbing one of those. Once all those "spots" are taken, that size/color will revert to "not available" until such time as they have more in production. So... bottom line is, if it allows you to place an order and you want the wheels, by all means, place the order. As long as there are not unforeseen delays in getting the shipping container here, you should have them in the time quoted. Hope that helps. I got my spot. :) Now if I just had a clue when my car would be here.... :-(

Order placed earlier in the week, and it says delivery in 1-11 weeks. That's quite the spread. Looking through these posts there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to delivery times. Is there any way to get a better idea of delivery time? It said that someone would be contacting me, but I have not heard from anyone. Does that step take awhile too?
In reality, it's more like 1 OR 11 weeks. If you are lucky, and order a configuration that is not allocated to an order and are close enough to California that it can be delivered by the end of the month, you could have it in a week. Otherwise, you're looking at September.

I got my car this Thursday , no plans to change the turbines out , I love them they look spectacular. Just avoid potholes and curbs and drive happy. Got the car down to 14% before I got home today. its a harsher ride than the LR but still not bad considering the way it handles . I have FSD and its not well rounded at all hopefully the update fixes it if not I really really wasted $10k. I mention FSD because I cant keep it driving long enough to really worry much about it hitting a pot hole like ive seen on YouTube. I did take over and dodge some plywood in the road it had no intention of even trying to avoid it.
I might try and just do this... the freeways are usually fine but in town there really are some INTENSE potholes :///

Reactions: Rob LsTa
my only issue was a small chip under the rear deck lid due to those misaligned tail lights . the charge port side sticks out on every one I saw at the top but the deck lid rear face lined up perfect on that side. the passenger side tail light was so tight in that it rubbed all the way to the east coast and chipped the paint. they were excellent and treated me really well gave me a loaner even while they fixed the paint. apparently its just some kind of a design issue on that passenger tail light they linked it to my car and said when they received a fix for it I would get a call. the top one is obviously the charge port the lower one is hitting the rear lid and doesnt align with the rear of the lid at all. every M3 I looked at was like this just not quite as bad but aside from that and the steering wheel being a little off center everything looked really good.View attachment 675034View attachment 675035
Hmm I don't seem to see the chip! Def does look pushed way in though