Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're welcome! I do wish there was a bit more, visually and aesthetically, that differentiated the Performance. But I guess the insane acceleration will have to do.

Still waiting on mine to experience that!
I appreciate the subtle nature of it in some ways. Also, as a photographer, I can say that it's roughly the equivalent of Canon L-class lenses with their red ring. Ironically, all the more since since L lenses are (often) white, as will be my M3P. :)

Last edited:
Good news and bad news…got delivery today, car looked great and pristine. No aesthetic issues. Drives wonderfully. Got home wouldn’t charge. Got an error “charging equipment not recognized” went to a Tesla supercharger..same message 🥺🥺🥺

View attachment 698465View attachment 698466View attachment 698468View attachment 698469View attachment 698471
Crisis averted whew! Tesla took care of me very promptly! Easy fix, the four bolts that hold the charging port in place which can be accessed from the trunk had to be tightened down. Because they were loose , it wasn’t properly grounded thus the error message and inability to charge. They are supercharging and filling me up right now yay for Tesla!!!!! I was worried at first!!!

Last edited:
Crisis averted whew! Tesla took care of me very promptly! Easy fix, the four bolts that hold the charging port in place which can be accessed from the trunk had to be tightened down. Because they were loose l, it wasn’t properly grounded this the error message and inability to charge. They are supercharging and filling me up right now yay for Tesla!!!!! I was worried at first!!!
That’s great news! Enjoy the new ride worry free!

My EDD was down to 8/16-9/6 more than a week ago and keeps pushing out a day or two at a time so as not to be in the past.
Ordered: 7/26
Current EDD: 8/21-9/5
No VIN
Red/Black no FSD in Portland
I ordered one day before you. I'm not so confident in the patterns people are seeing with EDD changing. For example my EDD shrunk 4 days in a row and I got down to a 7 day window, 8/28-9/5. Most would say this indicates a VIN is coming soon. But on Wednesday my EDD went to 4-6 weeks, then changed to 8/31-9/15 and has held there since.

Meanwhile there are folks in on this board that have order as much as 2 weeks after me and have already received VINs, some of which are in the same geographical area.

Who knows?

I ordered one day before you. I'm not so confident in the patterns people are seeing with EDD changing. For example my EDD shrunk 4 days in a row and I got down to a 7 day window, 8/28-9/5. Most would say this indicates a VIN is coming soon. But on Wednesday my EDD went to 4-6 weeks, then changed to 8/31-9/15 and has held there since.

Meanwhile there are folks in on this board that have order as much as 2 weeks after me and have already received VINs, some of which are in the same geographical area.

Who knows?
NGL that 4-6 week switch would freak me out, but regardless of all this EDD nonsense it seems like people are getting M3P's in about a month, so hopefully you're going to be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: aroncbrown
NGL that 4-6 week switch would freak me out, but regardless of all this EDD nonsense it seems like people are getting M3P's in about a month, so hopefully you're going to be fine. Good luck!
My advice is to talk directly to someone in the Tesla dealership. I was seeing this weird behavior in the EDD when I was waiting for my M3 SR+ (before I change my reservation to the performance model). If your car has been assigned an specific day to be manufactured they will be able to tell you. Otherwise, your EDD will keep changing.

Mine did the same switch to 4-6 weeks in the middle of the wait. Definitely went into a slight depression when that happened, but it changed back and EDD continues to shorten with a EDD of 8/22-9/6. Still no VIN, but it's a month since I ordered on 7/20 so I'm optimistic it's coming soon.

My advice is to talk directly to someone in the Tesla dealership. I was seeing this weird behavior in the EDD when I was waiting for my M3 SR+ (before I change my reservation to the performance model). If your car has been assigned an specific day to be manufactured they will be able to tell you. Otherwise, your EDD will keep changing.
Yes I called in and the representative said that the reason it changed, which I'm not putting too much stock in to, was that they expected to have my VIN assigned by end of next week. Which is actually pretty close to the first date of my current window, 8/31-9/15.

I don't mind playing the waiting game, but man it's completely different when what you're waiting on is so amazing, and also is more of a financial commitment ha!